CareSource

CareSource Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Cleveland, OH29 reviews

membermedicaidproviderceocenterbonusmissionsource

Great Company

Had many great years there. I left due to the decision to move CHW's into a call center without our consent and basically tell you if you don’t like it leave.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Layoffs

Very faced paced and stressful.

I worked as a CHW for almost 5 years and got let go in a matter of 5 minutes. Work is very fast paced, stressful and lacks team communication. The pay rate is good and you are able to work with your schedule due to great number of PTO days.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Healthcare, lack of communication within teams

CareSource insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Flexible and great coworkers

Able to flex time. I worked with a very supportive team. Manage kept us update with what was going on in company. Coworkers worked excellent as a team.

Pros

Flexible

Family oriented

I have been with caresource for 1.5 years and have yet to have a bad experience. I'm a remote RNCM. The work life flexibility is phenomenal especially in the year of a pandemic. Within days of the shutdowns early on in the pandemic the CEO addressed our concerns especially those of us with children. He offered additional compensation to those who were scrambling to find childcare and also recognized that most didn't want to put their children in daycare so made it clear that it was understood we would be working at home with our children. The CEO recognized our days would not be the same and we were told that flexibility , adjusted hours and understanding would be extended to us. I cannot express how blessed I am to have been employed by this organization during 2020.

Pros

Flexibility, understanding, competitive pay, room for growth and advancement, great 401k package, yearly bonuses

Cons

Fun and excellent place to work

They are compassionate to the clients and staff. They very organized with how their customers service always get back to to you and helps the providers with different questions.

CareSource

Great company to work for!!! Great benefits culture of inclusion and respect. Provides mostly everything required to complete duties efficiently and effectively.

2 years at CareSource

CareSource is a community grassroots based company. The health plan has the best intentions for the community for which it serves but transitioning based consistent growth plans.

Great work environment

Everyone at the Cleveland office is so kind and helpful. They have a very enthusiastic positive attitude and are very welcoming, Focus of care is in the right place-the patients.

Pros

Work from home, insurance

Cons

Not sure yet

Over worked and under paid

We were underpaid for the amount of cases. We also were required to work over 8 hours a day with no compensation. There are much better insurance companies that pay a decent wage.

Pros

Patients and training

Cons

Pay, management and caseload

Fast paced but compensated well

This company is fast paced with lots of changes due to legislative changes that are frequent. If you have a good team and supervisor then it will make the difference.

Pros

Time off and compensation

Cons

Poor work life balance

Micromanagers exist depends on department, great culture

If you're lucky to not get a micromanger, you may love it. The culture is nice. I heard the annual bonuses are nice when issued. Lack ability to advance depending on region, unless your willing to relocate to headquarters or some other state. The company is transparent.

Pros

bonuses, transparency

Cons

micromanagers, lack of positions in certain markets

Community Health Worker Mobile worker

A typical day as a Community Health Workers (mobile after training) you start the day at home with a morning phone call “team huddle” and 1-2 FaceTime with your team a week to start the day, as a CHW you work closely with a Case Manager to manage your caseload and task for the day, and have 1:1 with your manager to prepare you for your annual review. Your day usually consist of home visits to review goals or link members to community resources, help with setting appointments (dental, vision, preventive, mental health, DME needs) meet members at doctors apt to advocate for them, member benefit educatation, and Careplan review with MBR and FaceTiming the Case Manager. The work you do is rewarding if you enjoy serving others, however “constant change” with Standard of Process, no opportunity for advancement as a CHW. Hardest part of this position is not enough hours in a day, most enjoyable part is building rapport with co-workers and members.

Pros

Start your day from home

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

past paced, heavy caseload,

CareSource seemed like a good idea, then reality set in. The benefits are great , 6 weeks PTO, immediate healthcare benefits. The working style is unrealistic, haphazard, and a bit of a joke.

benefits

Cons

disconnect between employees and management

It's changed

The Directors and Managers started hiring from outside the company and those hired into supervisory positions, were usually found to be friends and previous co-workers. The culture has changed within the last few years. People should be hired and promoted on experience not who you know.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

high school mentality

A day and the life at CareSource

Work from home by clocking in the am to have meeting at 8:30-9am. Schedule or see members at their homes through the day and make notes in the system by ipad, cell phone or laptop. Converse with CM, TL, or co-worker as needed through the day. Take 1/2 hour lunch between 11am-2pm. Attend meetings and training, as needed in person but mostly online. Hardest part of job is getting in touch with members and keeping some of them engaged. Also, the changes that are made to change groups and regions. Working with a great group of people who help each other out when time to take off and just working in general. I love to be able to sit and talk and work with the members to help to resolve their issues or concerns and give them resources to help to improve their lives. You learn a lot by other meetings in the mornings on certain days to keep everyone current. Clock out at home when completing the tasks and visits.

Pros

sometimes free lunches at team meetings once a month, they are family oriented, flexibility to take off time as needed

Cons

meetings are becoming more virtual-web based

I wouldn't do it again

Wish I would've researched this company before taking the job. Being sued by the state successfully for fraud would've been the first red flag not to work for them.

Pros

pay, educational development

Cons

poor work life balance, stress, poor management

Great workplace with opportunity for advancement

Great opportunities to advance within the company. Rapidly changing environment that can hinder work/life balance. The environment in the headquarters office is very friendly and welcoming.

nothing to say

nothing to say nothing to tell, terminated while out sick, don't wish to answer this question would like to move on and find another job, not sure why answering these questions are so important to this company, some one else my not feel as I do about this company.

Great Work Environment!

I love working here and the care given to their employees. I like that there is a tuition reimbursement program, a full benefits package including 401K and opportunity to advanced within the company.

Pros

free lunches

Could be a wonderful place with some improvements

This place could be a stress free and wonderful place to work, despite the constant changes in the workplace. I find that many areas and aspect of the job is open to interpretation, lacking policy and procedures. While there are many policies and procedures, most areas of my job is lacking them leaving them open to one's own judgement leading to conflicts with management. The team that I work with is great and for the most part really believes in team work. I feel that management is lacking in management and leadership skills and not open to suggestions.

Pros

Low stress enviroment

Cons

Poor Management and Leadership

Nice place to work for

Energetic fast paced ever changing environment paid Travel frequently traveling in the community to providers offices also to customers homes or Doctors appointments

Pros

Mobile working

Cons

Frequently changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight