CareSpot Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
You do so much work for a mere 12 an hour. Go work at a hotel for anything more. It's a stressful toxic environment where you get told to do over time then are critiqued for it later. The hours can be convent but a lot of work for not a lot of reward.
Carespot Ocala
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  OcalaAugust 26, 2018
The team in Ocala is amazing to work with. However you must be willing to be flexible when it comes to scheduling and you have to be quick but thorough when bringing patients back and triaging them. Employees are trained in front desk as well as back office duties for staffing and quick triage purposes. There is a true team here and no employee goes home super tired. Every Carespot in Florida aspires to be like the Ocala center.
Nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 16, 2018
Enjoyable staff working in fast paced clinic. Occasionally worked after scheduled hours dependent on patient demand. 12 hr work days allow for more days off during the week.
Good place to work for recent grads.
Lead Supervisor / Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
Fast pace work with alot of social and customer service skills required. Must be willing to helpout in areas that you may not be familiar with. Routine work that is exciting with the specific details of the patient/customer
Pros
Being next to physicians with years of experience
Cons
Turnover of management made advancement difficulty
Walk away
Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2018
Room to advance is non existant.
Um..what training?
Raises are once per year and miniscule.
Under paid and overworked, job description says one thing next thing you know youre doing the job it normally takes 2-3 peaople to do.
12 hr shifts,no breaks,under pay
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 22, 2018
Buy your own uniforms,only supplied one uniform for working 12 your shifts back to back. No lunch break eat and work at the same time. No work life balance unless your management or physician. Under paid
Pros
May get a good manager
Cons
No breaks, lunches, push staff to hard.staff work multiple postion for little pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJuly 18, 2018
If you get stressed easily or can’t work in a face paced environment. Turn the other way. CareSpot is extremely face paced. But I love it here. Manager is a cut to the chase kind of person and doesn’t allow drama.
Pros
Good pay for no experience
Cons
Short lunch
Great team atmosphere, under paid however
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2018
Love my job. Love my staff. Love my manager but few I am under paid for the work I do and quality of care o give. Especially when I know my other providers make way more and do not provide the same level of care I know I do.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 8, 2018
Check Patients into the system, Collect height and weight. General assessment of patient for doctor. Assisting Provider in collecting blood samples, preforming lab work, completing drug screens, physicals. Counting the drawer at the end of the night. Closing up the office at the end of the night. Inventory every month.
Okay first RT job.
MA/X-ray Technilogist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2018
As an X-ray technologist, this job is great for getting your feet wet and comfortable with mostly extremity based exams and patient interaction. However, long term...CareSpot should NOT be an RT's end goal. Don't feel like you are stuck working here.

While working here, you are FORCED to be cross trained. You will not only perform X-ray exams. Your duties as an employee are that of an RT, MA, as well as as checking patients in and out at the front desk and performing drug screening(hair, blood, and urine) and BAT(breath alcohol testing) testing for DOT and NON-DOT clients. Essentially, you will have many responsibilities with a pay rate that does not reflect the amount of work that is demanded of you.

The X-ray equipment could be rated subpar at best. The X-ray tubes and control panels are perhaps just a step above what one would find at a veterinarians office. As X-ray technologists, it is our duty to abide by ALARA and protect the patients from unnecessary radiation exposure with the use of proper technique, positioning, and shielding. In my experience with the centers that I worked at, sponges for proper positioning were scarce. The ones that did exist were literally falling apart. Proper patient shielding was also scarce. There were no rolling shields to protect patients during PA and Lateral Chest Exams however, a single lead apron was available. Gonadal shields were not present at all. There were thyroid shields available as well as full torso aprons though. Every center that I know of implements the use of CR technology. This means that there should be a decent
  more... amount of cassettes available to be used however, that was not the case in my experience. My coworkers and I were limited to having 1 8x10" cassette and 2 14x17" cassettes. If you needed to be fast paced in your exams due to patient condition, this could prove to be challenging to you as a technologist as well as very taxing on the patient. The only grids that were available were located in the exam table and wall bucky. This proved to be a challenge for some table top exams that require the use of grids. The exam table at the center I worked at did not have the option to raise or lower. This proved to be an issue when attempting to perform Chest exams on patients that were shorter than average in height due to the tube not being able to be properly positioned at 72"; the table hindered that. Undue stress on the lower back when positioning patients was also an issue caused by the limitations of the exam table. Furthermore, none of the centers implement the use of AEC to my knowledge so, get comfortable with your kVp and mAs techniques.

The URGENT CARE centers take APPOINTMENTS both online as well as calling ahead. This stacks on top of any patients that may walk-in and wish to be seen. With the way that patients are scheduled(appointments every 15 minutes plus any walk-in patients that may arrive), taking a lunch during your 12 hour shift is a far fetched idea if you don't want to get behind and stay later than you're already going to be there. Some patients have a hard time understanding the concept implemented by CareSpot in regards to it being an Urgent Care center that takes appointments versus just being on a walk-in basis. You may or may not catch some static from discontented patients when you see 5 appointments before them because they were a walk-in.

The hours are hideously long. Just because a center closes at a certain time does NOT mean you will be off of work at closing time. Your 12 hour shift can effortlessly turn into a 13, 14, or even 15 hour shift. The long hours are mainly due to how Corporate demands the Registrars to schedule patients that wish to be seen. If the appointment books are filled till close and there are walk-in patients in the lobby, every person in the center HAS to be seen before anyone can go home. This includes the patients that that walk-in 1 minute before the doors shut. Oh! Also, just because you are hired on at a certain location that you chose because it was convenient to your home, does not mean that you will only be working there. You may be required(Volun-told) from time to pick up shifts at ANY of the locations from St. Augustine, all the way up to Yulee, and even out in Middleburg. You are compensated(poorly) for the mileage though.

Overall, as previously stated - this is a great job to get your feet wet. You will learn a lot of skills and be able to use the skills you learned in both your clinical assignments and classrooms. There are just a lot of Corporate hang ups that can stress you out.
Pros
Co-workers. PTO. Good way to get comfortable with exams.
Cons
No breaks. Long hours. Subpar Pay. Understaffed. Very poor X-ray equipment.
Great place to work and see a doctor
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 6, 2018
CareSpot is an amazing place to work at. You have opportunity to move up as well as helping with school. They have a great open door policy. Management care about their employees and treat each other like family.
Obtained different types of experience
adult and pediatric Full time (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I have had a good history with Carespot. They have a good benefit package and the staff get along well with each other. I like my demographics who I care for.
Pros
Good experience over all
Cons
Some people just don't like change
Patient care
N/A (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work in a very fast pace environment. Employees are often over worked in a stressful environment with lack of acknowledgement for hard work.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Turnover
great place to work
Credit Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
learned a lot and enjoyed working there. Great team environment and supportive. Left for a promotion that I was recruited for, would have stayed at Care Spot otherwise
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJanuary 8, 2018
You never knew what was going to walk through the door that needed help. Long hours but had days off during the week and weekends. I liked the unlimited time off.
Retail medicine
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 31, 2017
Its a retail clinic who's focus is on volume and patient satisfaction. Actually according to CareSpot you don't have patients you have customers. Satisfaction scores trump all other metrics including outcomes. This leads to a clinic where good clinicians are forced to practice very poor medicine.
Pros
decent pay, time off
Cons
poor management, clinics are run like a fast food place
Good
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 24, 2017
It's a good job to work the hours are long everyday is different. You get to meet all different types of people. You have the opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
Good place to learn
Hi stress environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32216October 31, 2017
Management poorly run.
No options for advancement or training.
Very noisy and cramped work spaces.
Highly stressful working environment.
No overtime.
Very Fast Pace Environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2017
CareSpot has a very diverse work ethic, every day is a different job or task that you have to do. Love the team that I work with and it is never a boring day I learn something new all the time.
Fun work place, Steady Flow of Patients
MEDICAL ASSISANT, REGISTRAR, AND PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLOctober 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job that I loved the most was my patients. I enjoyed helping sick people get the help that they needed to get over what ever elements that they came in with.
Pros
The best boss ever