CareSpot Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Medical Assitant/X-Ray Tech (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 29, 2018
The management here is awful, very mean and unprofessional. I had a manager get 2 inches from my face and yell at me. She was constantly trying to provoke me into a fight or argument. She wanted me to lose my composure so she could fire me. The new Regional Director was even nastier. She constantly talks down too you and make you feel bad about your customer service score. You also would work 15 hours a day without a lunch break. The providers did not care about the patients. The providers were mean and condescending towards you, especially the Nurse practitioner at the Orange Park center. If you're a lazy MA that was fine, but if you are great, they are threatened by you and will make you so miserable that you quit. This place sucks! Please run, run, from this awful place. You do not want to work here never, never, I mean never.
benefits
Cons
co-workers, hours, management, no lunch and providers.
Walk away
Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2018
Room to advance is non existant.
Um..what training?
Raises are once per year and miniscule.
Under paid and overworked, job description says one thing next thing you know youre doing the job it normally takes 2-3 peaople to do.
Great team atmosphere, under paid however
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2018
Love my job. Love my staff. Love my manager but few I am under paid for the work I do and quality of care o give. Especially when I know my other providers make way more and do not provide the same level of care I know I do.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Salary
12 hr shifts,no breaks,under pay
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 22, 2018
Buy your own uniforms,only supplied one uniform for working 12 your shifts back to back. No lunch break eat and work at the same time. No work life balance unless your management or physician. Under paid
Pros
May get a good manager
Cons
No breaks, lunches, push staff to hard.staff work multiple postion for little pay
Good place to work for recent grads.
Lead Supervisor / Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
Fast pace work with alot of social and customer service skills required. Must be willing to helpout in areas that you may not be familiar with. Routine work that is exciting with the specific details of the patient/customer
Pros
Being next to physicians with years of experience
Cons
Turnover of management made advancement difficulty
Very fast paced environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2018
The people you work with will be your family, so try your best to help one another and your time there will be golden. Center Manager always set us up for success. It's a very dynamic environment, so you have to be on your toes and be ready for any curve balls. It's a lot of patient interaction, so customer service and temperament is a must have! Do what you're supposed to do, and always remember why you're doing what you're doing, and you should be fine.
Pros
Great Team work, Pto, Flexible
Cons
Low pay, stressful, lack of advancement
Okay first RT job.
MA/X-ray Technilogist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2018
As an X-ray technologist, this job is great for getting your feet wet and comfortable with mostly extremity based exams and patient interaction. However, long term...CareSpot should NOT be an RT's end goal. Don't feel like you are stuck working here.

While working here, you are FORCED to be cross trained. You will not only perform X-ray exams. Your duties as an employee are that of an RT, MA, as well as as checking patients in and out at the front desk and performing drug screening(hair, blood, and urine) and BAT(breath alcohol testing) testing for DOT and NON-DOT clients. Essentially, you will have many responsibilities with a pay rate that does not reflect the amount of work that is demanded of you.

The X-ray equipment could be rated subpar at best. The X-ray tubes and control panels are perhaps just a step above what one would find at a veterinarians office. As X-ray technologists, it is our duty to abide by ALARA and protect the patients from unnecessary radiation exposure with the use of proper technique, positioning, and shielding. In my experience with the centers that I worked at, sponges for proper positioning were scarce. The ones that did exist were literally falling apart. Proper patient shielding was also scarce. There were no rolling shields to protect patients during PA and Lateral Chest Exams however, a single lead apron was available. Gonadal shields were not present at all. There were thyroid shields available as well as full torso aprons though. Every center that I know of implements the use of CR technology. This means that there should be a decent
  more... amount of cassettes available to be used however, that was not the case in my experience. My coworkers and I were limited to having 1 8x10" cassette and 2 14x17" cassettes. If you needed to be fast paced in your exams due to patient condition, this could prove to be challenging to you as a technologist as well as very taxing on the patient. The only grids that were available were located in the exam table and wall bucky. This proved to be a challenge for some table top exams that require the use of grids. The exam table at the center I worked at did not have the option to raise or lower. This proved to be an issue when attempting to perform Chest exams on patients that were shorter than average in height due to the tube not being able to be properly positioned at 72"; the table hindered that. Undue stress on the lower back when positioning patients was also an issue caused by the limitations of the exam table. Furthermore, none of the centers implement the use of AEC to my knowledge so, get comfortable with your kVp and mAs techniques.

The URGENT CARE centers take APPOINTMENTS both online as well as calling ahead. This stacks on top of any patients that may walk-in and wish to be seen. With the way that patients are scheduled(appointments every 15 minutes plus any walk-in patients that may arrive), taking a lunch during your 12 hour shift is a far fetched idea if you don't want to get behind and stay later than you're already going to be there. Some patients have a hard time understanding the concept implemented by CareSpot in regards to it being an Urgent Care center that takes appointments versus just being on a walk-in basis. You may or may not catch some static from discontented patients when you see 5 appointments before them because they were a walk-in.

The hours are hideously long. Just because a center closes at a certain time does NOT mean you will be off of work at closing time. Your 12 hour shift can effortlessly turn into a 13, 14, or even 15 hour shift. The long hours are mainly due to how Corporate demands the Registrars to schedule patients that wish to be seen. If the appointment books are filled till close and there are walk-in patients in the lobby, every person in the center HAS to be seen before anyone can go home. This includes the patients that that walk-in 1 minute before the doors shut. Oh! Also, just because you are hired on at a certain location that you chose because it was convenient to your home, does not mean that you will only be working there. You may be required(Volun-told) from time to pick up shifts at ANY of the locations from St. Augustine, all the way up to Yulee, and even out in Middleburg. You are compensated(poorly) for the mileage though.

Overall, as previously stated - this is a great job to get your feet wet. You will learn a lot of skills and be able to use the skills you learned in both your clinical assignments and classrooms. There are just a lot of Corporate hang ups that can stress you out.
Pros
Co-workers. PTO. Good way to get comfortable with exams.
Cons
No breaks. Long hours. Subpar Pay. Understaffed. Very poor X-ray equipment.
fun workplace, fast paced environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2018
great employees and a great environment. Management is wonderful, and if you ever need any help with anything, everybody wants to help you and see you succeed.
Poor management
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neptune Beach, FLOctober 15, 2017
It is a great place to get cross trained and get the experience I would have to say. No advancement unless you become a lead MA or RT then you can make a 1$ more an hour but you get a ton of responsibilities depending on how dedicated your manager is to their job, 25-50cent raises a year.
Pros
Good place to get experience. Interesting cases that will come in.
Cons
five different job titles with little to no pay. No job advancement.
Negative
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2018
Absolutely do not recommend working here
Management is a joke
You’re not treated with respect as a Clinician
You will work over the 12 hour shift EVERY SHIFT
Carespot Ocala
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  OcalaAugust 26, 2018
The team in Ocala is amazing to work with. However you must be willing to be flexible when it comes to scheduling and you have to be quick but thorough when bringing patients back and triaging them. Employees are trained in front desk as well as back office duties for staffing and quick triage purposes. There is a true team here and no employee goes home super tired. Every Carespot in Florida aspires to be like the Ocala center.
Unsafe Clinical practices are encouraged
Mid Level Provider (Former Employee) –  nationwideJanuary 15, 2015
I worked for the organization during their expansion out of Florida. This organization is run by business heads, not medical. Our Chief Medical Officer, whom I liked very much, lasted less than 1 year due to conflict with safe medical practices and CEOs insistence on making a profit. This is a business venture funded by PRIVATE VENTURE CAPITALISTS! I cannot recommend this organization for any person who cares for their profession and desires a healthy work-life balance. Expect no bonuses (but the recruiter will make it seem like a sure thing), expect to be written up within one year of service (a way of denying you raises, transfers and bonuses) and expect the most patient complaints you have ever had in your life! Hours are 8am to 8 pm with management ENCOURAGING you to see people after 8 p.m. Expect your days to last 14 hours, no breaks. They have a policy that you are NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES for any lunch.
Pros
Cons
Bad employer all the way around
Turn over rate
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 12, 2015
Overall I have been thankful for the career opportunity at CareSpot. Although the turn over rate is extremely high. There is not enough staff to cover emergencies or shift shortages.

Since I have been with CareSpot, I have further perfected my skills. My coworkers and I get along very well. We are happy to serve our patients needs. I greatly enjoy helping others.

Our management however is lacking. We have already been through four Center Managers in less than two years.

This company is also more profit oriented than patient care oriented. I am in my profession to help people.

Only two staff work a 12hr shift which leads to days where a break is unable to be taken.
Pros
Great benefits, pleasent coworkers, off weekdays
Cons
seldom breaks, management
Great patients with opportunity to make-a -difference, ruined by extremely poor administrative actions.
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 8, 2016
My experience was notable for poor management, administratively.
The support personnel were, save a few hearty souls, inept too often to continue my employment there.

The medical director was EXCEPTIONAL, BRILLIANT and a GIFT TO THE ART OF MEDICINE. *** She was not in the administrative-loop that forced my hand to realize this: The site I was relegated to was , for the most part, incompetent. Money, receipts and a company lap-top computer were well-rumored to have "disappeared". (This one raised an eye-brow.)

Out of respect for MY professional future, I left that organization.
Pros
Great "public smile"
Cons
My relegated site was "rotten", to the core.
Well managed
LEAD MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2018
A very fast pace job dealing with patients and families. I learned how to care for children, adults and elderly with different sickness and injuries. Management is wonderful with Care Spot well trained and carrying not only for the staff as well as their patients
Not worth it
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
You do so much work for a mere 12 an hour. Go work at a hotel for anything more. It's a stressful toxic environment where you get told to do over time then are critiqued for it later. The hours can be convent but a lot of work for not a lot of reward.
The worst place for work
RT/MA (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleMarch 9, 2015
I worked for this company for one year. It was the worst experience.
CareSpot is not concerned with healthcare. It is only concerned about making money.
Every doctor that cared about the patients was let go. If the doctor spends more than two minutes with a patient, they would be fired.
For all other employees, the situation was even worse. There was always a heavy workload and extremely long work shifts with absolutely no respect.
The manager is just there to watch your every move and write you up for every tiny mistake.
Pros
Good for start
Cons
Long hours shifts, bad benefits, disrespect, lack of patient care
No off the clock breaks
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlApril 18, 2016
This company will tell you that they excel in customer service .... I'm here to tell you that they could careless about the patients! So many things could be done differently where patients would be taken care of in a timely manner, associates wouldn't feel over worked and under paid. Performance reviews not given out in a timely manner. Raises and bonuses are a joke, they deny you and not even explain why .., work you at multiple centers and then tell you that your not eligible for a bonus cause your not "assigned" to that center. The company is just not organized and doesn't practice there own mission.
Pros
3 to 3 1/2 days a week makes 40+ hours
Cons
No breaks (off the clock), lack of leadership, training isn't consistent, no advancement
Fast paced
Nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 16, 2018
Enjoyable staff working in fast paced clinic. Occasionally worked after scheduled hours dependent on patient demand. 12 hr work days allow for more days off during the week.
Busy Urgent Care Center with a great team spirit!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Neptune Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2013
At the Beaches center, we developed a family like dynamic where I was able to learn the majority of the medical assistant duties under the supervision of the experienced eye of the MA's as well as the tutelage of the Providers. Our Providers were approachable and happy to teach, and encouraged the staff to apply our own critical thinking skills. Even though I often worked overtime and filled in at other centers, I never felt as if my family life sacrificed for my work life. While working at a walk-in clinic can sometimes be harried and stressful, I was always confident that our team would "dig" our way out of it. I feel I acquired a whole new set of skills as I cross trained on the other positions like check in and check out, performed in-house diagnostic labs, and collected specimens and prepared them for transport to outside laboratories. I am also DOT drug screen certified and Breath Alcohol Testing certified.
Pros
GREAT co-workers, full benefits, wonderful work/life balance
Cons
benefits are expensive, walk-in clinic that sets "appointments" can be misleading and stressful