CareSpot Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work and see a doctor
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 6, 2018
CareSpot is an amazing place to work at. You have opportunity to move up as well as helping with school. They have a great open door policy. Management care about their employees and treat each other like family.
Obtained different types of experience
adult and pediatric Full time (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I have had a good history with Carespot. They have a good benefit package and the staff get along well with each other. I like my demographics who I care for.
Pros
Good experience over all
Cons
Some people just don't like change
Patient care
N/A (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work in a very fast pace environment. Employees are often over worked in a stressful environment with lack of acknowledgement for hard work.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Turnover
great place to work
Credit Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
learned a lot and enjoyed working there. Great team environment and supportive. Left for a promotion that I was recruited for, would have stayed at Care Spot otherwise
Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJanuary 8, 2018
You never knew what was going to walk through the door that needed help. Long hours but had days off during the week and weekends. I liked the unlimited time off.
Retail medicine
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 31, 2017
Its a retail clinic who's focus is on volume and patient satisfaction. Actually according to CareSpot you don't have patients you have customers. Satisfaction scores trump all other metrics including outcomes. This leads to a clinic where good clinicians are forced to practice very poor medicine.
Pros
decent pay, time off
Cons
poor management, clinics are run like a fast food place
Good
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 24, 2017
It's a good job to work the hours are long everyday is different. You get to meet all different types of people. You have the opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
Good place to learn
Hi stress environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32216October 31, 2017
Management poorly run.
No options for advancement or training.
Very noisy and cramped work spaces.
Highly stressful working environment.
No overtime.
Very Fast Pace Environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2017
CareSpot has a very diverse work ethic, every day is a different job or task that you have to do. Love the team that I work with and it is never a boring day I learn something new all the time.
Fun work place, Steady Flow of Patients
MEDICAL ASSISANT, REGISTRAR, AND PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLOctober 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job that I loved the most was my patients. I enjoyed helping sick people get the help that they needed to get over what ever elements that they came in with.
Pros
The best boss ever
Work environment
Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2017
poor management, no advancement and higher management keep resigning. Promote people who are not qualified nor understands the job function. No understanding of management.
Pros
employees
Cons
management
Very busy Urgent Care practice
Locum Tenens - Urgent-Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL & Orlando (Metro West)October 16, 2017
Seeing 50 or more Patients of various ages from pediatrics to adults and geriatrics, in 12 hr shift. Doing suturing, splinting and treating multiple kinds of illnesses.
Poor management
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neptune Beach, FLOctober 15, 2017
It is a great place to get cross trained and get the experience I would have to say. No advancement unless you become a lead MA or RT then you can make a 1$ more an hour but you get a ton of responsibilities depending on how dedicated your manager is to their job, 25-50cent raises a year.
Pros
Good place to get experience. Interesting cases that will come in.
Cons
five different job titles with little to no pay. No job advancement.
Okay place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 2, 2017
Good place to start and gain experience but you are treated poorly by the providers and you can't have a set schedule at all. New people with no experience come in making more than people that have been there and those people that have been there get to train the new people. Not fair
Good job
X-RAY TECH/MA/FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Manager is very helpful and nice which is a plus. Job is balanced. You have to multitask but it isn't too bad, only thing is you have to also work as front desk.
Could be great with right management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Too much is put on management for such a busy center. There should be a full time manager instead of a part time one shared with another center. Things would run much smoother.
Long Hours, short staffed
Registrar / Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2017
13-16 hours worked per day
No backing from the company when we tell them there should be some changes.
They expect you to work straight thru, no lunch breaks
So short staffed.
Carespot superior
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 30, 2017
Great place to work at. Not great of a pay. Definitely a great team, amazing manager. If the pay was good, I would love to stay, unfortunately I could not.
Family Friendly Environment in a Corporate Setting
Credentialing Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 29, 2017
This workplace is most tolerable and understanding of career objectives and balancing them with family and personal responsibilities. CEO is GREAT!!! Approachable management encourages and supports independent work with peers and team building skills in an effort to increase productivity for effective outcomes; while also reducing the need for micro management. If I could take this office and move it into or near my home town... I would stay here forever.
Pros
Pleasant and Fun Working atmosphere
Cons
Not close enough to home
Very busy
Medical assistant / X-ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work if you're a single person and have a single life if you're a family person this job is not for you but hours are long and does not leave time for you to be with your family
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Keep you busy long shifts