Carestream Health
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Carestream Health Employee Reviews

Carestream Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great people who care about their products being what the medical field needs for good patient care

This was a rewarding job, very physical walking and testing mobile medical equipment usually 10-14 miles per day. The environment was fun and the managers I worked for were wonderful. After a layoff due to COVID-19 being found in China, I was the only person they called back to work until the lockdown came to the United States. I very much enjoyed the people and my job as a QA Technician at Carestream. I would definitely go back if there was an opportunity. They really care about having things done correctly and timely. I was tired at the end of the day but I felt I was appreciated.

Current

Its a great place to work, due to Covid and holiday season; like other companies we are experiencing a slow point yet over all company keeps staff informed, busy and trained.

Pros

benefits, hours, pay, events, coworkers, training

Cons

slow time

Difficult work environment

Local management at our Oregon facility does the best they can. No real complaints with them. Corporate management is out of touch with reality.Overall good place to work and pick up some skills. The labor shortage has everyone stretched to the max lately.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Corporate does not have a clear vision of the future

Corporate is trying to sell us/ Wages are stuck in the stone ages/ Skilled labor stay away

Our corporate headquarters is dead set on ending our primary revenue stream for an inferior product. I love my job and most my coworkers but the pay here is very low and behind the times especially for skilled labor. The corporate objective recently is to penny pinch where it makes no sense, spend irresponsibly and invest in dead products. There is a demoralized atmosphere for the production employees, they are underpaid and harassed by (some) management. Production employees are forced to choose between working forced overtime all summer and through the holidays or face disciplinary action or termination. If they try to take their scheduled days off they are forced to use their earned vacation time to cover. Cost of housing, fuel, food, and everyday items have recently been going up and Carestream's wages are stuck in the past, employees are forced to absorb the cost of living increases. When wages are brought up management refuses acknowledge this inadequacy. Instead they often act as though they are paying more than they should.

Pros

Clean and climate controlled environment, good people and a good variety of schedules (when you get your days off).

Cons

Low pay, almost no upward mobility, rude and condescending production management and a dead end for production employees.

Management constantly looking over your shoulder

Management does not trust employees. I exceeded the goals every year yet management did things behind our team backs and we were left to clean up their mess.

Pros

401K match

Cons

Poor Management

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

N/a

There is little to no opportunity for advancement. The culture is very unprofessional and so is its leadership -- they choose people to run things that have zero interpersonal skills.

Cons

It was a good place to work, for a while

Worked there for a while. Really liked it at first and then with the rollout of the new products things dramatically changed for the worse. It's a decent job but the turnover seems really high and no one is available to train.

The promise for advancement stood out the most for me.

The environment is friendly most of the time I would go to work happy, twelve hour shifts was a lot for me. There was plenty of time for drama amongst the crew which was less than enjoyable and ignored by management.

Great family company

If you get an opportunity work there do it. Great facilities and always looking for employee input.Management is committed to employees development. Great morels and brighter future.

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

Its work. What else do you expect?

not a good place for personal career growth

always make people worried and discouraged instead of feel accomplished (even if you made contribution to the project) after yearly work performance review.

Pros

pretty good 401k match

Cons

bad company culture

Great team environment with great opportunities

Management from top to bottom is very open to new ideas and opinions on how to improve workflow to work smarter not harder getting the best results and making the job less stressful. Great open communication with a weekly meeting with an opportunity for all employees to speak up about any concerns they may have as well. Company was very flexible and supportive about personal situations making the work life balance the best I have ever experienced with any company. Celebrations shared with all employees for meeting and accomplishing goals. I really enjoyed working for Carestream.

Pros

Excellent leadership, opportunities to shine and grow, easy going workflow

Cons

Pay increases were a little on the low side

Hectic, chaotic with bag management

The place is understaffed, on top of everyone on "special projects" leaving a small amount to do the work of many. Management, well let's just say, there's none. It's politics at Carestream and if you're not pay off their group, you're not advancing. The people they decide to move up are not qualified for the position, so the situation gets worse with every promotion. Keeping in mind that the employee turn around is high, including managers and executives. It's a terrible place to work.

Pros

Employee comradeship (your chosen group), lack of management

Cons

Lack of management, pay, growth potential, products, the company as a whole

Mechanical Assembly with lots of work

I worked as a contractor for Carestream assembling parts of their mobile x-ray cart. The management is somewhat clueless and one manager in particular is known for having a temper, and will change the machines/day target on the drop of the hat and not hire anyone to slack the load. We worked 50 hours a week for half of October, all of November, and half of December. We also worked saturdays. Overall, job is not too difficult if you can do the same thing perfectly every time. FDA regulation means you have to do it right and follow your standard work exactly. The other assemblers and by and large very nice. It may be because of covid, but my pay is wildly above market rate, especially as a contractor. A typical day at work is you come in and work on the particular jobs that you are trained to do. Usually this means you end up doing the same free jobs (combined into a "station"/"subline") every day.

Pros

Great compensation. agreeable co-workers

Cons

one manager in particular, can be boring, amount of work can be stressful

Not a place to work if you want an outside life

Most of the people were easy going and helpful. Management on the other hand sucked. They hardly ever came to the production floor. At Carestream it’s all about how much money you can make them. Unsafe work environment, they do a lot of “band-aid” fixes. The raises suck and if you’re not in the circle you get left behind.

Cons

Rotating 12.25 hour shifts

Lot of down time. Not diverse at all. Horrible raises . Some ppl are amazing most are bitter. Easy job to do overall

Do you're research before applying , lost of down time and not physical works makes it a little better . Having half the year off working 12hr rotating from days to night shift

Pros

Rotated weekends off lots of down time

Cons

Ppl. Raises . Working days and nights

Nicest people I've ever worked with

Didn't originally intend to work with any job in manufacturing, but glad i did. Coworkers and managers were exceptionally nice, never felt stressed if I needed assistance-it was usually offered without even having to ask. Only job I could say I've ever had where I never once felt the need to complain about another coworker.

Pros

Free lunches at times, communication with other employees/management

Cons

May be required to work outside of normal hours/days if demand is high (covid)

Dog eat dog environment

You can waste days on end trying to figure out a problem only to find out that some inbred local idiot took a shortcut.People make huge mistakes intentionally by just being lazy and you end up spending days tracking it down.

Pros

It was a great job when it was a 3m plant.

Cons

Having to work with all the Kodak people was a nightmare.

A series of dead end jobs that employees can transfer between

The factory floor consist of two twelve hour shifts for a twenty four hour work force seven days a week. Forced overtime is a regular expectation on the job site in the factory. The average factory employee will work a fifty to sixty hour work week. They company provides little in the way of bonuses, and has routinely cut their employee benefit programs for their factory employees. This combined with little time off and a low number of sick days has created an environment of high turn over and constantly injured staff.

Pros

A livable wage when overtime is factored in.

Cons

Long hours in an unsafe work environment.

Managers were knowledgeable easy to work for.

I enjoyed my time there. My work duties changed from day to day. I learned new skills that hopefully I can leverage myself into a better position in the future.

The work atmosphere degraded through the years

In the beginning, it was a nice place to work and the pay was very decent. Did evolve through three more companies with a little bit more negative atmosphere with each one. Toward the end they had cut so many spending corners that I made less than I had when I started work there

Fast-paced

Fast-paced and jump to several products in a day. Multiple locations to service across a large geographical area. Fast delivery of parts and quick access to tech support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carestream Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight