Caretel Inns of Lakeland Employee Reviews

Management Sucks!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIJanuary 15, 2018
If you value your license please look else where for a employment. Management is so cut throat that they will do anything to save their rearend from state, they are even willing to throw a good nurse under the bus to protect someone elses error. Management also feels they can dictate what qualifies as an acute change in patients condition to send them out of the facility to seek further medical attention. If you enjoy phone calls about your job at home on your day off, then this is the job for you! Please consider the pay to be hazard pay, save your rearend and purchase malpractice insurance to protect your license if you choose to seek employment here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cut throat management
Management is unprofessional
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 23, 2017
They do pay well but that’s it. Management is so unprofessional and their is nobody to report things to because they have worked together for so long and cover for each other. They play favoritism and cover for certain employees. The ADON will tell employees personal business to other employees. There is no support for floor staff what so ever. If they could replace management this could be an awesome place to work.
Pros
Pay
Horrible management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 16, 2017
If you value your license as a nurse don't work here. I really liked most of the nurses I worked with. Management on the other hand. Horrible. Always out to lie and cover things up. CNA's get more respect than nurses. This place needs to be seriously reviewed by the state. The things I saw and how they lied to patients is very disheartening. Consider the pay hazard pay and god help those patients.
Bias Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Management has their favorites. What one can get away with, another would get fired for doing less! They're unfair. If you speak up about it, you will be fired!
Pros
Salary
caretel
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 2, 2017
very secure environment, friendly, and happy place to work at. Really enjoyed working with residents, and talking to them hearing different stories about life/
Fun place to work
Nursing Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Loved working here! I loved the staff and residents ! I wouldn't changed anything at all about working here or this lovely place. The management treat there staff very well.
Cons
excellent place to work-good work enviroment and great chance for advancement
Dietary Chef (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 24, 2016
great place to work-great opportunity for advancement-a great place to show my chef and managerial skills-all the staff works well together and as a team
A very laid back work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 10, 2016
I would recommend working here, I am only looking to leave so I have a more routine schedule and hopefully higher pay.
Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with residents.
Pros
Beautiful facility, great coworkers.
Cons
Random monthly scheduales, never the same days.
was beautiful building
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Joe, MIAugust 8, 2015
too many admissions in a single day and were always short staffed. the management team was not helpful, had good therapy dept and caring nursing staff just not enough staff.
Pros
beautiful building
Cons
management staff was not supportive.
not somewhere I want to work
Nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  St josephJuly 11, 2015
as a nurse assistant Working conditions, depending on who you work with, can be stressful. You have to set up dining room, do dishes, serve food, pass meds, wash and fold laundry as well as answer call lights, bed changes, brief changes, showers etc. when you work with someone who doesn't pull their share you burn out quickly. The residents need caring people to support them not someone there to just clock in and out. It's sad. There are a few good workers though.
Co workers tend to take advantage of management not being there so half hour lunch breaks turn into hour breaks and 15 min breaks turn into half hour breaks and when you work with someone who doesn't pull their share....let just say it is an unpleasant environment. (There is only 2 people on the floor, so when they are gone it's just you)When someone falls or is sick it's hard finding a nurse to come. You have to call all around the different floors to find them and it can be frustrating. Benefits are expensive and not anything to brag about. Management says you can move around but really you can't. While working there I quickly realized management does not care about you or the things that go on. many people have put complaints in and no changes have been made. I'm also sure residents families wouldn't like to know they hire their caretakers off craigslist and also don't do drug tests. One last thing, you have to pay for your own pre employment physical too.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Paying for your own pre employment physical, Management, workers that don't pull their share, doing dishes, laundry and food handling along with resident care
Productive work place
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJune 4, 2015
A typical day at Caretel would be a lot of changing briefs, bedding, getting residents dressed and fed. I learned a lot at Caretel, I had little to no experience at certain things, but with the right training I was able to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was staying busy, I worked 3rd shift so there wasn't really much to do after I did everything that I was supposed to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the residents and helping them even when they didn't want it, I loved it!
Guests are amazing to work with but even the guests have issues with management
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 11, 2012
I come in at 7 am start by getting people up make beds and start laundry. i then serve breakfast and after clean up from the meal. next is showers and cleaning assignment. on certain days i pass 9 am meds and noon meds. lunch is served about 11:30. then clean up and lay guests down for naps. i fill out paperwork and do reports.

what i have learned there is i cherish my guests and the jobs i do to care for them but the company is not the one for me and Ive been there for just over three years.

management: the people come off very nice but when it comes down to it its an every man for himself type deal and everyone i work with would say the same thing.

coworkers are all great honestly. A few are hard to work with but we all work as a team and figure it out.

the hardest part of my job would be med passing.

the most enjoyable would be hearing how i have done a great job from my residents and for those that cant speak seeing a smile on their face.
Pros
seeing my guests each day, i get paid 11.25 an hour for not being licensed
Cons
benifits are not worth it. management is always changing. having to work everyother weekend