Caretel Inns of Linden Employee Reviews in Linden, MI

Ugh
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIJune 28, 2019
Management is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!
Some staff are good to work with and make a good team to get things done. The pay $12.50 sounds good bout there’s no paid breaks and 9days not 10 to a pay period taking 12 1/2 hours out of your check that you assume you get as a full-time employee. The work isn’t hard, the Guest are pretty cool elderly folk, just upper management makes it frustrating to work here. You have to be full-time and have worked a year before receiving any benefits
Busy, Active, and Friendly Staff
Social Worker LLBSW (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIMay 24, 2019
Fast pace environment. Management is professional and supportive, high quality work ethics. Enjoyed developing relationships with staff and guest's. Was able to communicate with management difficulties with job tasks.
Pros
Reliable staff to work with
Cons
Difficult discharges
Great place. Loved it there.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIApril 16, 2019
I worked at caretel for a little under a year and loved every minute of it. My coworkers on my shift were always willing to help and go above and beyond for the residents and their needs. Literally one of the best places I’ve ever worked. And I’ve done every aspect of the nursing assistant field. Yes we were short staffed but what facility isn’t. There was a good team so it made the work load easier. We ranked one of the highest in the state for our survey. The pay is more than what I made working in a hospital setting.
Great place to work!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIJanuary 29, 2019
I love my job ! There is always lots to do so your never bored. Everyone works together! The residents are treated very well. They have great benefit coverage. Full times get paid vacation and PTO days. Flexable schedules. The environment is beautiful to work in.
Pros
Benefits. Pay.
It was awful.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIOctober 29, 2018
guests aren't getting proper care they need in this facility due to an extremely high volume of patients and shortage of staff and not enough training to spot major health issues amongst the guests. HR is never there for you. I've spent months tracking the HR rep down just to adjust my paperwork. She's never actually in the facility. Also you are expected to do the work of housekeeping which is room cleans and laundry also bathe and dress guests coordinate things with the doctors pass their medications and also serve the food and do the dishes and clean up the kitchen and dining room. You also have plenty of paitents who should be in a nursing home with skilled staff yet they by pass what truly is assisted living and make you care for them. Did i also mention the drama amongst the staff is very high school and childish.
Pros
There are none.
Terrible
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MISeptember 26, 2018
This is the worst place to go if you want to get a job especially if you are in college. They are very disorganized and the director of assisted living is disorganized and just makes you play run around games trying to get things done. Like with wani g to become a new employee
Pros
Cons
Horrible staffing and horrible management
Working just to pay for expensive benefit package
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIJune 12, 2018
Good Company if you are single with no life. However add a family and the benefit cost is over 1000 per month... That is why they cant keep staff! Working just to pay for benefits is unacceptable.
Pros
not much
Cons
Stressful, Benefit costs out of this world!
very high stress little support from management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIMay 11, 2018
As a dept head you are expected to work VERY long hours.
on call 24/7 and not enough time to enjoy life.
working with the elderly was the best part of the job.
Pros
helping people
Cons
long hours for no pay
Bad Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIApril 26, 2018
Hated working here and would not recommend. They pay well but the management treats you horribly and they really care only about making money, not the residents or employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
awful place
Not very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIFebruary 24, 2018
it is so understaffed that everything that is extensive 2, you have to do by yourself. Terrible management, Corporate has no idea what it is doing. Equipment is broken half the time. Employees are nice and all and pay is great but you have way too much too do in a short amount of time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment, Staffing
Productive and giving back by helping the elderly
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIFebruary 4, 2018
I get the residents up for breakfast, shower them and tidy up their rooms, do laundry if necessary.
Pass medication during breakfast and lunch
Toilet the residents who need help every 2-3 hours
Pros
That the residents appreciate us
Cons
the nurse/management never listen to concerns, because we are just GAs
Production, Fun environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIMay 30, 2017
Co-workers and guests are a treat to see and communicate with. The work isnt that difficult until there is too much to do in one day. Some days the work is minimal and easy to accomplish and others theirs no way to finish everything that needs to get done.
Fast paced and very clean.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIApril 26, 2017
The people you work with are great. Fast paced but pretty simple. Time goes quickly. Not too much to handle. Very flexible. Very clean, two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Unorganized
Decent place to work if you like a heavy workload and not much help.
RN (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIApril 11, 2017
8-12 hour shifts. Long days with too many patients to care for at times. While there I learned more about Rehab and what it takes to help a patient get back to close to normal if possible. Hardest part of the job was the workload at times, No help from management. At the time of my employment there, management left alot to be desired. Too concerned about how to make themselves look good in the eyes of Corporate.
Pros
Other Staff that I worked with.
Cons
Management at the time that I was there.
Good work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIMarch 27, 2017
Room for advancement, very clean work place. Management works with schedules if you attend school or have other obligations. Friendly employees. Not too long of hours and not many times you have to stay over your shift.
resident care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIFebruary 9, 2017
caretel is a good place to work. its also full of opportunity and growth. in addition i'd influence anybody who is looking for a great opportunity to apply for caretel inns of linden.
Working with the residents is great other than that I would not recommend this job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIOctober 18, 2016
All workers are very nice. Management lacks the ability to train or show anyone .You just get thrown to the wolves and are expected to know what to do your very first day on the Job. I was told they been through 8 supervisors in 3 years
Pros
being able to take a lunch and not deal with all the people pulling you in 10 different directions
Cons
Pay is not the best for what they expect
Awful management
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIOctober 12, 2016
Poor management that makes for a counter-productive work environment which leaves the guests suffering. Currently the Assisted Living manager is the worst one yet. Pay is good but work load is not comparible. It is inevitable that every employee will immediately be seeking other employment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management on power trips
Great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIMarch 26, 2016
My workload would consist of 12-20 patients. I passed medications, performed treatments, initiated IV therapy etc.
My co-workers were wonderful. I learned so much being straight out of nursing school. The best part of my job was interacting with my patients.
Excellent support staff
Director of Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Great support staff and beautiful setting. Wonderful residents and families. Loved the interaction with all the vendors as well.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caretel Inns of Linden. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8