CareWorks Employee Reviews

It was bought out and culture changed
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 4, 2018
The culture of the company changed after it was bought out. The benefits got worse and the pay never improved for the job responsibilities. They would not add the people that were needed to do the job.
Fast Paced and Relaxed Workplace
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2018
It is a fast-paced work environment and you have plenty of deadlines to make. Overall it is a good company to work for they do look out for their employees as well. They are very understandable if you need to take time off work and they are relaxed. The job is stressful at times though but then again what job isn't right?
Pros
PTO time
Cons
Benefits are not the greatest
A typical day a work.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 21, 2018
First thing I am responsible for processing old claims , then I move on to another queue process the oldest bills first. There are two more queues that I'm responsible for.
Pros
I always get my 40 hours.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Great Company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2017
The company tries its best to find a place where you feel most confortable. They are very understanding when you have to take time off. (no paid vacation was included.)
If u likes kids then u should work there
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 3, 2017
Be on time if ur late let the boss know so they can tell the teacher,always be on ur feet because kids run fast and get into trouble. But it always fun playing with them.
Pros
Sometimes if there left over lunch then that can be
Cons
Breaks was okay
productive and fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 9, 2017
Fun place to work. Management was easy to get along with. Was a relaxed environment with great benefits. Did data entry, entered demographic information and billing codes to process claims.
The best job I've ever had!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 25, 2017
Wonderful atmosphere. The supervisors and the managers actually make themselves available for any issue. Sometimes ques can get crazy, but not unbearable. There is always something going on in your specific department to make you feel like you're actually a part of a family.
Pros
family atmosphere, laid back, great perks.
Cons
wish pay could be a little more
Lack luster senior management who couldn't think forward if their own jobs depended on it.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 5, 2017
The hardest part about working at CareWorks is accepting the fact that you work at CareWorks and you're in a dead end job. If you like just coming in and collecting your paycheck and have no career goals, this is the place for you.
Pros
Lots of good food close by for lunch.
Cons
Everything else
not able to provide FT employment
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 3, 2017
Staff comprised of nice people, good speech and OT therapists.
This company was unable to provide FT employment for me in the years that i have worked for them.
Care works
First report of injury specialist/Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 23, 2017
Great people way under paid no room to advance on the MCO side, lack of respect for the case specialist and raises are completely disrespectful. The place has taken a severe nose dive.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible raises
Good
Temp Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2017
Manager and staff a her friendly and kept together. Family oriented. Loved working here. I would go back to work for her anytime. Temping for teachers is easy.
Undervalued, overworked
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 1, 2017
This company does not pay their IT staff what fair market value dictates they should be paid. They continue to ask them to do more, without offering additional compensation. Also, merit increases are not tied to job performance. Which, makes absolutely no logical sense.
Loved working with my clients
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 30, 2017
I loved working with my clients and built many lasting relationships with my co-workers and clients. Depending on your supervisor some would get away with not having to complete as much work and given "passes" while there work was passed off to the staff already on over load.
Great training, nice environment but difficult caseload
State fund claims examiner (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 21, 2017
The company does not have enough examiners to spread out clients. In order to provide the best customer service more examiners are needed. Current caseloads do not allow examiners to provide the level of customer service that should be given.
hard working job with stressfull atmosphere
Absence Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is a full work load that tends to be very stressful. Very steady busy work enviroment but the people are great to work with. There definately needs to be balance.
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
work load can be overwhelming
Great place to move up in a company, friendly and comfortable
DDE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 21, 2016
It's a very comfortable relaxing place to work. It's nice to have co-workers as well as supervisor ask about your life and genuinely care. The work policies are laid backand not so standard to other places of employment and I 've had my different experiences with multiple companies.
Pros
PTO policy and food truck fridays
Cons
Pay is average and incentives not given
stable job w good pay
ams (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 23, 2016
stable job, good work hours, very good starting pay, laidback environment, autonomy, hi case load, decent training, hardest thing is keeping up with the workload,
Great Place To Work
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 8, 2016
I absolutely loved this job except for I believe that HIM Specialist should get paid more but they took care of their employees. We got big Christmas bonus and always was rewarded for the effort that we put into the job.
Pros
Great Bonuses
Cons
Not paid enough
Careworks
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 15, 2015
Working here for Careworks has been a privilege. I have been honored to be promoted through the company from, an HIM Specialist to a Team Assistant. Being a Team Assistant, usually my work consist of assisting any case specialist, manager and nurses with extra work they may need help with. I have worked with the bureau of workers compensation, all Microsoft programs, as well as mailing and faxing C-9 request to the appropriate parties.

While starting off at Careworks for the entry level department as an HIM Specialist, I have received honors in weekly time management award along with a perfect star for 90% or above in my weekly audits. When working as a Team Assistant I was also honored with 100% every weekly audit since my first week in the department.
Productive and great place to work
Bill Payment Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee) –  DublinJuly 20, 2015
This is a great place to work, nice people, and learning experience. I have enjoyed putting in work here. Great atomphere, Managment is nice and willing to teach you new things.
Pros
Learnign experience, nice atmophere
Cons
Long drive