Carfax Employee Reviews

A great place to start a career.
Special Projects Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 28, 2018
Carfax was a great place to work. They are truly enployeecentric. Management has great vision and treats its employees more than fair. Very relaxed work atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, flexable hours, super strong management staff
Cons
Pay sc as le just a little bit under the industry standard.
Best place I have ever worked!!
INSIDE ACCOUNT MANAGER AND TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 27, 2018
This company is hard to match. I have been in the workforce for 17 years and by far this is the #1 place I have worked. I would love to go back. The management is beyond amazing.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, pay, time off, list goes on
Cons
Hard to get remote job/work from home placement.
Overall a good company
Business Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 27, 2018
I have worked for quite a few companies and Carfax is by far one of the best. The only reason I am thinking about a career change is so that I can work from home. Carfax has not yet embraced the work-from-home concept.
Good pay and benefits (not great) No work/life balance for field employees
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 16, 2018
Good pay and benefits, however, remote field employees (such as me) have very little work life balance. It's difficult to take earned time off, as monthly and quarterly account visits (120 per month) must be made up if you do. That includes, vacation or sick time. For example, if you take 2 weeks of vacation in July, you must make up the approximate 70 additional account visits in August (190 visits for that month) or you will not qualify for your monthly metrics bonus. Additionally, very little opportunity for advancement and management lacks empathy. Very dictatorial and they treat you like a rented mule
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance and no empathy
Carfax
Data Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 10, 2018
Great team environment and culture. Was moved to an open concept floor plan which as a manager is difficult especially when you need to have coaching moments. Wasn't given enough time to learn my role
Fun place to work, great work life balance
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 8, 2018
A developer's day starts with a daily update with my team and the product owners. The rest of the day set aside for development with usually one scheduled meeting. The day is broken up by two breaks and a generous lunch break.
Pros
Free lunch Fridays
Cons
low opportunity for advancement
Fun place to work
Full Stack Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 24, 2018
Good and nice environment.A perfect work-life balance.The hardest part of the job is to get used to pair programming, which seemed to be a bit difficult during initial stage but later felt happy with the benefits that i got through it.
Pros
free lunch, no dress code
Great product!!!
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAJanuary 2, 2018
industry leader in vehicle history!!! great product, work enviroment and team but its tough to balance work & life as my role requires extensive travel.
One of the Best but with Challenges
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 15, 2017
CARFAX continues to be that place you've read about where employees have fun at work - yes, they work hard but they also play hard and have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the work day.
Fun Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 13, 2017
Awesome culture, casual dress, laid back environment, top-notch benefits, exceptional people to work for and with, clear mission statement, and everyone is rowing in the same direction!
Unprofessional Racist Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 16, 2017
People were racist here, mostly white Americans. I was doing my job as an intern but some people did not like me in the office so they were constantly talking from my back. The manager wasn't very nice either, she thought she ruled the world. She unprofessional. I'm so glad I found a better job and quit.
Best job I'll ever have
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 21, 2017
I worked at Carfax from 2008 to 2012. There I met some of the best teammates I will ever encounter. The Extreme Programming environment was intense and took some getting used to, but I've missed it every day since I left. The camaraderie, the opportunities to learn, the opportunities to grow were all perfectly available to anyone interested in contributing.
Pros
Great teams, great environment
Cons
Compensation is competitive for the local area, but not the nation.
Amazing
Accounts Payable Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 12, 2017
Great people, environment comfortable, learned how to input invoices, worked on own sometimes with others. Every friday lunch was catered, everyone is very friendly and sense of family.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 4, 2017
Great company great benefits. Company culture is amazing. Fun, exciting. Work hard, well rewarded great company to work for. They have challenges in market but deal with them with integrity and grace.
Great!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAApril 30, 2017
Everything about the company is great. It is an amazing place to work. The company, people, product, and environment are all amazing. Everything they do is top notch.
The start of something good
Regional Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 27, 2017
In the beginning you could tell we had that something else. Care compassion and work ethic. Great cooperative minds pulling the product in the right direction. Fearless in innovation, willing to go outside the box factory. We grew fast and stabilized at an alarming rate. You knew what you meant to the company.
Pros
Friday casual lunch, team oriented, culture
Cons
Reset after failure
work day
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 3, 2017
work day was very hectic at all times for everyone, so you really couldn't talk to your co-workers. hardest part of the job was finding all the information about a vehicle and coding the material
Pros
free lunches
Cons
coding for vehicles
It's a blast to go to work every day!
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 14, 2016
You'll have fun every day you go to work. I can promise you that. There's always some kind of activity going on around the office, whether it's kickball or Peeps decorating for Easter. There's something for everyone and a lot of smiles to be had.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Generous Break Schedule, Long Lunch Break
Cons
Pay is pretty average, Management could be better.
Very Stable company with great employees
Regional Account Manager Washington State (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VADecember 6, 2016
A typical day with Carfax Inc. was leave my home office at 8:30 a.m. and fulfill 5-7 meetings per day. The meetings consisted of account management along with cross selling multiple products to accounts. The most important thing I learned was time management as the position included heavy travel. My manager was located in Centreville, VA. and it was very important to have great communication between management and corporate support!
Best job I ever had
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 28, 2016
People and culture is amazing. They actually treat you like a person and respect your time. The is no micro management. Pay is amazing. 13 paid holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carfax. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight