Cargill
Information from Cargill:

Cargill Employee Reviews

United States2,692 reviews
Found 2,692 reviews matching the search
People welling to help guide you through your walk and get you to where you need to be. Management is great and well-organized job placement it's also great all around a great company to work for.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Wet
The biggest motivation is the benefit and salary wages it keeps you focus knowing that they have your back over that matter. I was very proud of been part of that company.
Cargill is a great palace to work, I have nothing but good thing to say about my company. Cargill is a people oriented Company and has great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Life balance
Cargill was a place where you worked for your money! At Cargill everyone knew eachother and they all built this unique relationship with eachother. I enjoyed meeting others there.
Pros
Paid well, met nice people
Cons
Very demanding job
Nice and friendly people to work with. Lunchroom on property. Massage chairs. If you like the cold it is the place for you. The company was good when I was there.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I was always welcome to give input on whatever discussion I was a part of. Everyone is treated fairly and given the opportunity to prove themselves. People tend to stay at their positions for a long time, so if you aren't willing to relocate across the country there won't be much upward mobility for you.
Very demanding and stressful alot of favoritism..u give your all and it's still not enough..they treat u like u are a machine basically.. management is not supportive or has the knowledge of the process of the job..if u are not friends or family of management they will treat u like garbage..if u like working EVERY WEEKEND and don't mind being treated like trash they always hiring..
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
1 day off a week
Overall a decent place to get your foot in the door in the manufacturing industry. I can’t speak for other business units, but feed nutrition is behind the times in technology. Especially things that could make them more efficient. Great pay and benefits but little room for advancement. Still a lot of the good old boy system in place. They run a very lean staffing program which would be fine if they had decent facilities and the technology to back it up. People are required to do more than one persons job a lot of times. Work/life balance is mediocre but manageable.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job security
Cons
Advancement opportunities, culture
The company over all was basically Corporate so you were just a number with them relocating to another city 75 miles away they wouldn’t pay me a car allowance to stay abroad with them.
Pros
Great benefits ok pay
Cons
Bad management very bad
Cargill was the best job I ever had they pay was awesome and the experience was insane I’ll love to go back.....💪🏽👌🏽🤯🗣😱💎🙋🏽‍♂️🤫😁😆🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫
Co-workers really help out a lot when you need it and they’re always there to support you... They are honest people and won’t hesitate to tell you the truth.
It is a job where your hours change and a lot of overtime. Dirty, dusty and nasty work environment. Hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. Only plus uniforms are supplied and washed for you. You have shower facilities and descent locker room.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Dusty work environment
Pretty average packaging job. Not exciting but your guaranteed 40 hours with the occasional weekend (and overtime pay) depending on the season. They try to foster a sense of community there, which is nice. Fair warning if you work on the packaging floor, its freezing so brace yourself.
Pros
Cafeteria, pretty cheap.
Cons
Could be too cold for some, VERY loud- be wary if you have any hearing issues
you got in did your work and were able to go for walks and other activities
you could move around the building go to the lunchroom for breakfast and lunch no time limits and have meetings there.
The opportunity is here Cargill is a well established global
Powerhouse.The value Honesty and integrity. YOUR SUCCESS falls on your shoulders as do your failures.
Pros
Good pay 401k
Cons
Some co workers lack accountability
Management is shady and crooked. When you want to use your vacation days, they turn you around and make up reasons so you can’t use them. Management will literally get you fired and make you look bad when you’re trying to do your best in life.
When supervisors try and get you fired, HR doesn’t help. You have to call the ETHICS LINE and HR to submit a report. It takes 2 to 3 weeks or more for HR to call and speak with you about your situation. They take their time and don’t really want to help.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Short breaks, need all new management
I worked in Corporate Accounting and it was degrading and demoralizing. I talked to HR and they knew of the problem but did nothing. The supervisors were bullies and were hateful. I was told to my face that since I went to college I should be smarter. I was told I wasn't Cargill material and when I tried to transfer out my supervisor would call the department and discourage them from interviewing me. The culture is cutthroat and deceitful. There was no team work or any sense of trying to work together. The supervisors did not like each other and used the employees as pawns in trying to get to each other. I was laid off during an economic down turn and it was the best thing that could have happened.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The people
Working at cargil was challenging at times They did not offer the greatest work and home balance as I would like them to. Management would be rude and disrespectful at times. I felt like the pay was not fair due to the amount of work we were expected to do.
Overall great corporate company to work for. But on a local level the management is very critical, micromanages, and doesn't allow for work life balance. The team that you work with is the best, just wish management would be held accountable for their actions.
Pros
great team, family atmosphere, outdoors and something different every day
Cons
Management, work life balance, very stressful
Plant Manager as the Safety Manager the power to do my job and back my suggestions. Always around when I would call or in his office. Told me to handle all sub- contractors and orientations.
Pros
Work life balance. Big cook outs.
Cons
Job had alot of stairs elevator down most of the time.
Loved working for the company great Pay and u can easily move future up with the company and make a career out of a job that you weren’t expecting to be more then a part time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K
1.3K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cargill.