Cargill

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

very cold but work isnt too hard

i don't like the mandatory overtime because i wasnt aware of it. The hiring manager did not make that cleari was under the impression that my shift started at 6:55 but that was a lie, it started at 6:30 and that made me very upset.

Hard on Body and Hands

No time to rest 1 day off mandatory Saturdays 3 times a month. If you do not know anyone, they will give you difficult job. Many lazy permanent workers

Benefits

Cons

A lot of work/very physical

Cargill Cleveland is the worst!

Run for the hills! This place is a complete mess. All the good engineers keep leaving because this place does not value development or basic raises. Management gets huge raises and bonuses. Run while you can

Pros

Cons

long hours, no compensation, sexist culture

Nice place to work if you can handle the smell

I liked working here it was a nice place to work and I enjoyed my job working with cows and working outside. If you can’t handle the cold in the winter time it’s best to work inside with a knife job

Pros

Pay, cafeteria

Cons

No life outside of work

Don’t work here

Just a paycheck. Zero respect or support from superiors. Your life doesn’t matter unless you’re at work for them. Barely any free time. And their time clocks went down so nobody is getting paid correctly.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No growth or support

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good growth in the company

Being in my correct profession I had a pretty good growth. I developed my professional capacity.my payments were correct and on time. They are very professional.

Pros

constant training

Cons

Due to the type of work that he carried out at times, it is difficult to take breaks

Best job ever!!!!

I would love to work there again all the employees. are respectful, friendly and helpful all the staff at are great and friendly.

Pros

Free lunch and clothes

Nothing but superintendent deceit and no support by superintendent unless you are a selected person that is favored.

I think you could be a great place to work if you’re interested in getting harassed by superintendent and you are not going to do a good job with the company and

Pros

None to speak of. Unless you are chosen by your boss to be helped

Cons

Unless you are a great friend of superintendent you are going to be ok

Good pay rest of it isn’t worth it if they didn’t pay so much I wouldn’t work here.

Good pay rest is not worth it, bad leadership bad co-workers, no work life balance. They are working to improve but there improvements make things worse they struggle to hire people due to reputation in town.

Pros

Pay

Very fast paced, although a very rewarding environment. The pay, benefits, management, and team building is impeccable.

I have only been employed here for a few months now. I came from owning my own business and wanted to get back into the field I love. I'm so happy to do it with a company that cares and provides all the tools you need to accomplish anything. The pay is fantastic, benefits are just as great. Yes if you are lazy or cannot work hard and do some overtime this may not be the place for you, but if you can, it's an amazing career no matter the position you hold. My management is fantastic, and from my personal experience the management for the other departments are just as good.

Pros

Good management, great pay and benefits, positive work environment, advancement

Cons

None.

No growth

Minimum pay and hard work. Lots of turnover. Leadership needs more employee perspective and respect for employees. Needs more appreciation of all employees.

Production is treated well; events, fair pay, engagement. Associate program needs revamping. Lunch is paid. Very top heavy. A lot of opportunities for management if you’re willing to move around.

Pros

Good for production workers.

Cons

Green management

Work Expectations

You know from day one what is expected from you. Through quality training you have the ability to advance fairly quick. Excellent pay plus safety and production bonuses annual clothing allowance. Downside is you don't really get an option except to relocate if your job is outsourced at your current location

Pros

Annual clothing allowance safety and production

Cons

Dusty dirty work, temperature extremes

Fun place to work but room for lots of improvement

Cargill is mostly a fine company to work for they don't expect too much and challenge other than showing up everyday. The leads were great in my location but job offered very little challenge. If you get along with people it's a great job but it's very repetitive and draining and the pay is honestly criminal

Pros

People and work life balance

Cons

Pay

Basic production

Basic production. Overall solid experience. We make turkey products here and I do further processing. And I have stacked boxes of product on pallets for 2 years, which may not be for everyone, but there's plenty of ways to help. 5 days a week. There are opportunities to gain lead jobs and such for a bit more money but other than that you are capped with a fixed income with a smock and hairnet helping create food products.

Pros

Consistent schedule, paid dinners

Cons

You have to clock out for break

Poor management

Quite often, (weekly) were told if you can't do the job go work for McDonalds. Management even went as far as bringing applications in. Often cursed and talked down to supervisors like children. Unless you were in the good old boy club you are usually treated like a dog. Long hours 6 days a week or more. Come in early and leave late. Even when you met all the quota's, goals you would get a bad rating if the Manager didn't like you.

Pros

Comp for working weekeneds

It's trash

Cargill is a horrible company to work for. Participating in child labor in foreign countries. Deforestation all around. They don't treat or pay their employees well. In no way are the workers valued in this company. I would never recommend working here

Pros

Good vacation

Cons

Bad pay. Bad hours. Bad management.

A joke

Management is constantly changing hands in the two years or so I worked there they had 6 plant managers all failed to create a happy work life balance all failed to promote qualified members of the team I’ve never seen a company that big fail on so many levels

Decent pay and benefits

There is absolutely no room for advancement here. The management is a complete failure . They expect to much for so little. OSHA violations . Dusty and poorly ventilated for an industrial environment. I’m proud to work here but changes need to be made. Employees shouldn’t be fired or threatened due to managements inability to run a company . I’ve been through 5 plant managers in 5 years. Lack of communication and proper accountability. You might get free pizza once in awhile for working saturdays . I miss the management that was here years ago when I started.

Pros

No supervision

Cons

Unventilated toxic ingredients in production environment

Great pay but you're treating very poorly

I liked the job and the pay but working 12 hour night shifts took a horrible toll on my health. Management was very unprofessional and did not know how to treat employees as human beings.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Absolutely horrible management

Do Not Work Here!

This dump is on a downward spiral. The pay is comparable to other factories around the area. If you want to work 6-7 days the rest of your life for average pay and benefits then this is the place for you.

Pros

Clocking out

Cons

Feels like a prison working here

Common questions about Cargill

Answered by current and former employees at Cargill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K
1.5K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight