Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 1,821 reviews matching the search See all 3,094 reviews
Cargill Review
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 15, 2018
On a typical day of work I supervised a high performing team and everyone was tenure people so I didn't have to micro manage people. I would order inventory based off of production schedules. Manage time clocks through Kronos. Received and issue items out of SAP inventory system. Provided cycle count documents and achieved 99% accuracy. Made production didn't have any downtime with pulling orders. I learned how inventory worked and why it's very important it remains accurate at all times. Learned how to hold people accountable for their mistakes. Management was great. They gave me the tools to advance in the company. Hardest part of the job was ordering inventory because schedule always changed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people on my team that I saw as family everyday.
Employees was friendly..its a great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 15, 2018
If i were still in the area ill will go back..only reason I had to leave because of a personal problem..but I'm a quick learner & a hard worker..every job I have gotten I been on for years
The paid is good.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 15, 2018
The paid is good and you get 40 hours or more each week. Everyone in the production is friendly and help each other when needed help. It’s good that safety is there number one priority.
Job security
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEAugust 14, 2018
Cargill is a good place to work. If you would like to make a living Cargill is for you. There are times when you work 6 to 7 days a week. You don't work on major holidays. Cargill does take care of the employees.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No home life
It was a positive experience
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSAugust 13, 2018
I really liked working for Cargill Salt Plant it was a real good job and I worked with the best people it was a vary good place with good benefits and I wish I would have stayed
Pros
Forklift operators
Cons
Was on a rotation shift
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCAugust 13, 2018
It's a great place to start at but not to retire from .if you're in need of some training and a starting point they are a excellent place to begin a career .
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
No time for family
too many hours
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2018
It is a very laid back company. They only though give you one 15 min break and one 30 minute break. I feel the hourly pay isn't what needs to be. You work lots of 7 days week which is tiring.
Abiente de trabajo en lugares no muy adecuados
Farm Junior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz De yojoaAugust 11, 2018
Buen ambiente, lo único no muy bien evaluado es que las condiciones de trabajo en el lugar de trabajo no eran muy adecuadas.
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
turnos de trabajo no rotativos
good
map 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 10, 2018
they was good ,place to work and good place to have a career. but had to leave. bc couldn't fine a sitter at the time . I box patties , made boxes made patties and much more .
good
Demanding
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed my working days there because the structure of the management was friendly and so were the workers as well. I learned a great deal of talents as well as communicating on a brand scale.
Pros
Cons
Smoking areas
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2018
Good place to work. Fast paced for hard working people. Good hours, good pay. A lot of overtime if you're looking for that kind of work. Good people. Worth it.
not a great place to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 10, 2018
I never in my life worked somewhere and and to beg for training.The management is poor. The most enjoyable part of work was taking lunch and going home.
Front Desk Receptionist
Temp Assignment - Robert Half (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2018
Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate very friendly and safe place to come to on the daily basis. I enjoyed my job responsibilities and meeting happy people. My job duties would include: Meet and Greet contractors and visitors making sure everyone signs in and out, record all UPS, Fed Ex and DHL packages delivered daily, respond to questions and concerns as needed, answer all incoming calls from the switchboard directing them to the appropriate location and page intercom as needed. Perform other job duties as needed for HR.
Pros
1/2 hour lunch- bring your own food, plus company provided hot breakfast and lunch.
Good Company
Meal Load-out Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2018
Cargill place a strong value on safety, most positions are 12 hour shift work. Overtime is allowed within reason. It is a very fast pace work environment attention to detail is required at times.
Work
Project Operations Drafter (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COAugust 7, 2018
You have to see to make the opinion for yourself. It just wasn't a good fit for me. But I still keep in touch with many of my friends and co-workers from Cargill.
no home life
ground beef labor (Former Employee) –  Friona, TXAugust 7, 2018
it a factory, you go in do your job and never see your family, they move you are as needed and they don't explain much to you and want you to do everything as soon as possible
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
no home life, and you get moved around alot
Hated it
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Trauning here is done by the seat of your pants. Management is just a bunch of parrots repeating what b.c they heard someone else say to seem smart. The whole place is about back biting and brownie points.
Pros
Cons
A bunch
I enjoy my job
Utilities (Current Employee) –  Lake Odessa, MIAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy my job for the most part, I like to diagnose a problem and help with fixing it. I currently am working on second shift and I would just like to be in a first shift position.
Cons
health care not very good
Fun, fast pace
Process Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington waAugust 6, 2018
Overall I would say Cargill is a good place to work. Lots of paid time off for your 1st year of working with the company. Salary and benefits a little above average in my location.
Stable but limiting
AMG (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
Relatively stable corporate company with decent pay and benefits but little room for growth or change. Mediocre job environment but people made it worth while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss