Cargo Largo Employee Reviews

Great place to work, lots of positive team players.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed being employed there as ling as I was and would recommend employment there to anyone. The supervisors were extremely understanding and as passionate about their career as the associates through out the warehouse.
Pros
Flexible lunch schedules when ever production time ran over normal schedule.
Cons
Climate control.
Unbalanced, Muddled, and Impolite
N/A (Former Employee) –  Retail StoreJanuary 13, 2018
An unbalanced work zone characterized by underpaid associates, contradictory promotions, and impersonal management. The best people often stay at the lowest positions, while others are given the opportunity to move up. Why? How? A game of "favorites" in the environment and rude managers. The managers seem clueless to who you are, and those in higher positions do not try to make personal connections. Unstructured and chaotic. Cargo Largo needs to listen to their employee feedback.
Pros
Some Fellow Employees Were Fun
Cons
Everything Else
Fun and exciting work environment, feels like family.
Call Group agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 14, 2017
' A typical day at work"
Working in a call center can be very rewarding, but we are aware that it is a VERY different culture than most jobs. You are not tied to a phone for the majority of your day. You can get up and chat. You get 2 -15 minute breaks and a 45 min lunch. You know what you are doing each day and the goals we need to hit.

'What I have learned"
Working at a call center, you come to realize over time that a customer’s problem isn’t really the issue – it’s how they feel they are being treated during the midst of the problem. Often they don’t need the issue solved perfectly and immediately. They just want to feel like their feelings are being validated and treated seriously, which can be applied to most conflicts in life.

"Management"
The management lets us voice anything that we think can help not only the company, but also us as people and our happiness at this job. So it's great if you ask me!

'The most enjoyable part of my job"
1-Interaction with different kinds of people 2-Develop Negotiation Skills 3-Use and develop problem-solving skills 4-Enjoy knowing that you are able to help!
Pros
Employee recognition programs
Cons
Can get cold some in the winter.
Miserable work conditions in a cave
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 8, 2017
Identified items that were lost by UPS to be binned and stored until claimed by owner. I learned how to to type and become proficient with a computer and some software. Everyone was negative. Manager would never let anybody know what was going on and I never knew what area I was going to be in until after my manager finally figured things out. I made a great friend.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay . benefits
Official response from Cargo Largo
November 21, 2017

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback.

We're sorry your experience wasn’t good. Fortunately, we moved out of the caves in 2012 to a modern, above-ground warehouse. Further, management in your prior work area was changed years ago. In a recent, confidential satisfaction survey, that division voted 94% agree on good work environment and 96% agree on glad to be working here.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

it's about coming together and getting the job done
Call Group Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Cargo Largo is a great company to work for they genuinely cares about their employees. They have benefits, including 401 k match, employee referral bonuses. We have monthly meetings and they provide breakfast or lunch. Cargo largo has a charity cargo for kids where they provide local school kids with backpacks full of supplies and hygiene products. we are like one big work family.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 31, 2017
Great job for a teenager still in highschool or a student in college. Great for the discount and the experience. Very fast past and customer friendly.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Long periods with out a break
Great customer interaction
Front end team lead - MOD (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 19, 2017
Cargo Largo is a good place to work. Getting to work with the different people is eye opening. The benefits need changed as they cost to much and don't help out much.
Cons
Health care
Fun and exciting
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 18, 2017
Responsible for opening electronics department of store and organizing isles for customer shopping. Assemble televisions for display and for sales. Organize display cases with a variety of merchandise available for customer to view and purchase. Interact with customers and assist with any questions or needs.
Pros
fun and busy
Cons
very slow periods
Management expects you to read their minds
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 3, 2017
Firstly, if you have allergies, this is not a fun place to work. There is dust and it is everywhere.
Second, if you like your managers to either be rude to you or be really vague at what they want done and get mad at you if you can't read their minds to know what they want SPECIFICALLY and then get upset with you, you might want to avoid this job.
Some employees are absolutely the nicest people you'll ever meet, and you'll seriously wonder how they came to be in such a place. These people are outnumbered by snobby, holier than thou employees who either want nothing to do with you and isolate you or try there darndest to make your life more miserable then when you first started working there. I went in to this job paying more attention to the "96% are PROUD to work at cargo largo!" and when I went in there, numerous people described it as "a nightmare". Always look at an actual employees review and not some job ad review that's possibly rigged.
Pros
Cons
Poor training for employees, poor attitudes from select co-workers, bad management
Good people to work with, not so good pay or room to advance
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2017
Co workers were great to work with, but the pay was not what it should be for the type and amount of work you had to do. It was very hard to work your way up the chain and management wasn't the best to work with. It seem to come to production to them and not the employees welfare
Interesting Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2017
Sorting salvage freight was always interesting. It was quick to learn and wasn't too strenuous. The people are friendly and the hours are good and so is the pay.
Pros
Good breaks, decent location
Cons
Hot
A Blessing in Disguise
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 20, 2017
We look like just another warehouse from the outside, but inside we are Cargo Largo. A family owned company that is committed to their employees.
Team work and respect is a major part of our family environment. Coworkers are valued and rewarded for hard work, dependability and positive attitudes.
Finding Cargo Largo has been a blessing into my life where I enjoy coming into work daily with great team members.
Pros
Recognition, Great Training, Multiple Advancement Opportunities, Benefits, Employee Purchase Benefits
Cons
Little cold or warm based on weather, can be a little dirty
Sales Floor associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 28, 2017
clock in go to area get told what needs to be done do it and wait for store to close untile then do nothing for the next 6 hours
busy fun place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 20, 2017
Great people.Teamwork is exceptional by the associates. Really dedicated customer base. Sales all of the time that keep things busy most times.
Pros
great hours
Cons
facility
really fun work environment
Lister (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 13, 2017
The people were fun to work with. The management was pretty good except for the manager over Amazon listing. There was alot of gossip between employees in the book listing department!
Pros
fun people
Cons
gossiping
Bad managment
Clothing Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 28, 2016
Bad management, they would change the schedule without telling anyone. Also had no organization when it comes to scheduling employees. Stressful job based upon the people you have to work with.
Creative and fun work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 4, 2016
A day at cargo largo consists of constantly putting out new merchandise, refilling products, and doing go backs. Management is nice for the most part. Co workers were nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative and freedom aspect.
Pros
Free food sometimes, weekly pay.
Great atmosphere
Receiving/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2016
This place had a lot of opportunity. Chances for advancement if you sustain exceptional performance. Coworkers made coming to work fun. This company has a big Heart. Company goals strive toward an aggressive plan for financial growth all while caring for employee satisfaction along the way. You get dirty and face challenges so be ready for stretching your abilities at this company. Overall good experience just get stretched at times.
Pros
Coworkers, management cares
Cons
Healthcare cost for families, unreasonable expectations at times
Great Culture and Work Environment
Commercial Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2016
I worked in the Front St. warehouse and would recommend it to anyone willing to put in a hard days work. Most jobs aren't incredibly difficult... if you don't have a problem doing work. You're going to get dirty, and you may even break a sweat, but it's worth it. Aside from the standard employee benefits, there are employee purchase benefits that are out of this world.
In addition, the management is pretty much anything you'd hope for in a corporation. They're supportive, proactive and encourage new ideas and approaches to processes. Yes, what I said is not a mistake.
Cargo Largo is, without question, one of the best corporations I've ever worked for, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a great place to work!
My Summary
Solidifier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2016
Solidify liquid products untill Truck arrives.Once truck arrives Id move boxes to production line.I learned that communication is vital when workin with a team.My co workers worked hard and made the job go along smooth.Hardest part of the job was the extremely heavy boxes most enjoyable part was the new friends I made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargo Largo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cargo Largo Reviews by Location