Carhartt Employee Reviews

management and training was TERRIBLE!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 3, 2018
The management team was not very friendly and the way they handled things was super unprofessional along with a rude and negative tone! I would not recommend anyone to work there!
fun work place
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYAugust 29, 2018
this company had a great work environment. this place was a great opportunity to meet new people as well as form new connections. the pros to this company include pay.
Pros
good things
Cons
bad things
Carhartt is great but...
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 20, 2018
As a whole Carhartt is an amazing place to work. They offer extremely generous discounts and have more than average holiday compensation. When I first started the management team was great and I absolutely loved going to work. I even worked lots of extra shifts when I had time off. But due to changes in upper management (we got all new asms and store manager) my feelings have drastically changed. Overall it's a good part time position if you're not interested in advancing.
Pros
Super generous discounts and holiday pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of strong knowledgeable leadership
Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2018
For working at mall of america there should be a better pay because it is the highest trafficked store in the company. i worked there for 3 years and got a total of $.31 raise.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12203July 18, 2018
Even as just a sales associate, Carhartt had made me feel important, although there is little room for promotion within the company I still enjoy the flexible schedule, amicable managment and fringe benefits.
Most stressful job I ever had. Horrible!!!!
Process Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNJune 22, 2018
Process Engineers should be prepared for a stressful life in and out of the workplace. The current Engineer II job description listed for Carhartt doesn't even come close to all the responsibilities handed to engineers. Your goals and projects will be excessive to point of suicide. Deadlines are ridiculous. Beware! The supervision and managers will "throw you under the bus". Engineers don't have a chance with this company. Any projects or changes made are given to engineering to install therefore no one else is the bad guy. You will regret working for this company. I learned that if I had to be this horrible of a person to work at Carhartt, I'd rather work for minimum wage. And now have to do just that.
Pros
Let me think a minute.....nope!
Cons
Stress, back stabbing, managers place blame, depressing, non-trustworthy
Great company to Intern for
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 18, 2018
Did a 3 month internship over a summer and greatly enjoyed working with the team I was on. The people here are friendly and easy to work with. During the summer there were a number of things provided by the company such as food or small events which had a great impact on work life. Most days are relatively quiet but not unbearably so. The hardest part of the job is during any sort of crunch period which happens on occasion, the smaller staff resources sometimes make it so that one must pick up for another's slack. The best part of the job was the relaxed and fun company culture. I felt this was a work hard play hard job, but never work too hard.
Pros
Company Culture, Food, Events
Loved this job so much
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 14, 2018
Such a great place to learn and grow, all while making good money.
Family oriented, lots of longevity and room for advancement to other departments...
many unhappy employees
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMay 5, 2018
pay cuts destroyed all morale. The 10 hours shift feel like they never end. your breaks are 4 minutes less than they should be. starting pay is terrible when you consider how this job hurts your body over time. FORGET about any time off during busy season, or know that you will work the most horrible shifts and overtime day. The union employees that have the most seniority believe they are entitled to have first choice every time. If the company changes in policy aren't bad enough the senior employees who feel entitled will irritate you. However most are willing to help you if you are struggling with learning the job. Starting pay is horrible. the pay does go up yearly however you will not make the decent pay for quite some time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lousy attitude all around.
great job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMay 4, 2018
I loved the job it was great and I would go back if I could I would and I would work full time cause it was another great job that I had and I would definetly work there full time

Want to know more about Carhartt?

Ask a question
Hard work
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanson KYApril 5, 2018
Carhartt was a hard place to work. They did pay well.I operated a triple needle swing arm fellon machine. and i used a folder to fold the material as i sewed it. Usually the material slid through your fingers while you gently guided it. But the material of the coverals and other items we made were very thick and at first made your fingers raw. So we were always taping them up. And then eventually We were covered in calouses on our hands. It was hard to sew. And Carhartt was very particular about the clothes. We had to have 10 to 12 stitches per inch. All seams had to match up almost perfectly. They did allow talking. You set there with your head down concentrating on your work. That's what gave Carhartt their quality. And that's why they are still going today.
Pros
We made a great product. taught us discipline.
Cons
Hard work every day.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PAMarch 21, 2018
Everyone was very nice and easy to work with. When work had to be done, everyone worked together to get it done. Busy in the winter, very slow in the summer.
Pros
Free Lunches, Clothing Discount
Cons
Short non-paid lunch breaks. Part time hours are not enough
Great Work Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 14, 2018
Working at Carhartt is a relaxing environment. All of management are pleasures to work with and make the environment very welcoming. A typical day is exhibiting great customer service to guests, mainiating the sales floor, processing shipment and keeping the store clean.
Pros
Discount, Relaxed Environment
In short
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 13, 2018
Lack of advancement in the company drove me to pursue different ventures. Management knew what they were doing and kept me going there as long as I was, though in the end people need a full-time job.
just terrible
Fork Truck Driver and WMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYMarch 5, 2018
no paid lunch
underpaid
no respect from supervisors
feel like 2nd class workers here.
the less you do here the more you are praised.
we just need better leaders here.
Pros
pto days
Cons
favoritism to certain workers are at a all time high here.
Carhartt
Travel & Expense Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 1, 2018
The company was great but the department I was in was awful. It was click environment and if you didn't fit in the "click" you were let go. Enjoy the employees from various departments especially the sales personnel. Training for the position was not define so it was learn by your mistakes then you were penalized for making those mistakes.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Accounting Department - Awful!!!!!
Family Oriented Business
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 27, 2018
The culture is very family oriented and relationship driven.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of technology, everything is manual so lots of extra work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flex time.
Pros
work from home, flex time, discounts
Cons
Poor employee development, promotions
Never have an off day and constantly talk to other people even though it is loud
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Be well liked and never have an off day and you will have a JOB! You need to constantly talk to a union employee even if they are loud and annoying or they will run and tell a manager who should just be concerned with work quality and not someone else's personal life. If you have been there past the hire on grace period, you're more safe than anyone but they will likely fire you for any given reason at any given time just to feel good that they have job security as being a manager. They like to play as being thick as thieves for no reason in a day in age when it is extremely hard to keep a good paying job and good paying jobs aren't enough as that. They need you to kiss butt so badly because it pays their bills.
Pros
work
Cons
fairness is off, have to be well liked
Carhartt
Cubiscan (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 3, 2018
overall good, always had to work on the weekends. Worked there as a temp, thanks i was able to claim the ranks a little and get a slight promotion. They are very flexible with their hours.
Fun Place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Carhartt was a great place to work. The enviroment was fast paced, and the staff friendly. We were all like family. We worked hard as a team to get the job done.
Pros
great enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight