Carhartt Employee Reviews

Loved this job so much
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 14, 2018
Such a great place to learn and grow, all while making good money.
Family oriented, lots of longevity and room for advancement to other departments...
many unhappy employees
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMay 5, 2018
pay cuts destroyed all morale. The 10 hours shift feel like they never end. your breaks are 4 minutes less than they should be. starting pay is terrible when you consider how this job hurts your body over time. FORGET about any time off during busy season, or know that you will work the most horrible shifts and overtime day. The union employees that have the most seniority believe they are entitled to have first choice every time. If the company changes in policy aren't bad enough the senior employees who feel entitled will irritate you. However most are willing to help you if you are struggling with learning the job. Starting pay is horrible. the pay does go up yearly however you will not make the decent pay for quite some time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lousy attitude all around.
great job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMay 4, 2018
I loved the job it was great and I would go back if I could I would and I would work full time cause it was another great job that I had and I would definetly work there full time
Hard work
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanson KYApril 5, 2018
Carhartt was a hard place to work. They did pay well.I operated a triple needle swing arm fellon machine. and i used a folder to fold the material as i sewed it. Usually the material slid through your fingers while you gently guided it. But the material of the coverals and other items we made were very thick and at first made your fingers raw. So we were always taping them up. And then eventually We were covered in calouses on our hands. It was hard to sew. And Carhartt was very particular about the clothes. We had to have 10 to 12 stitches per inch. All seams had to match up almost perfectly. They did allow talking. You set there with your head down concentrating on your work. That's what gave Carhartt their quality. And that's why they are still going today.
Pros
We made a great product. taught us discipline.
Cons
Hard work every day.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PAMarch 21, 2018
Everyone was very nice and easy to work with. When work had to be done, everyone worked together to get it done. Busy in the winter, very slow in the summer.
Pros
Free Lunches, Clothing Discount
Cons
Short non-paid lunch breaks. Part time hours are not enough
Great Work Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 14, 2018
Working at Carhartt is a relaxing environment. All of management are pleasures to work with and make the environment very welcoming. A typical day is exhibiting great customer service to guests, mainiating the sales floor, processing shipment and keeping the store clean.
Pros
Discount, Relaxed Environment
In short
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 13, 2018
Lack of advancement in the company drove me to pursue different ventures. Management knew what they were doing and kept me going there as long as I was, though in the end people need a full-time job.
just terrible
Fork Truck Driver and WMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYMarch 5, 2018
no paid lunch
underpaid
no respect from supervisors
feel like 2nd class workers here.
the less you do here the more you are praised.
we just need better leaders here.
Pros
pto days
Cons
favoritism to certain workers are at a all time high here.
Carhartt
Travel & Expense Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 1, 2018
The company was great but the department I was in was awful. It was click environment and if you didn't fit in the "click" you were let go. Enjoy the employees from various departments especially the sales personnel. Training for the position was not define so it was learn by your mistakes then you were penalized for making those mistakes.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Accounting Department - Awful!!!!!
Never have an off day and constantly talk to other people even though it is loud
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Be well liked and never have an off day and you will have a JOB! You need to constantly talk to a union employee even if they are loud and annoying or they will run and tell a manager who should just be concerned with work quality and not someone else's personal life. If you have been there past the hire on grace period, you're more safe than anyone but they will likely fire you for any given reason at any given time just to feel good that they have job security as being a manager. They like to play as being thick as thieves for no reason in a day in age when it is extremely hard to keep a good paying job and good paying jobs aren't enough as that. They need you to kiss butt so badly because it pays their bills.
Pros
work
Cons
fairness is off, have to be well liked
Carhartt
Cubiscan (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 3, 2018
overall good, always had to work on the weekends. Worked there as a temp, thanks i was able to claim the ranks a little and get a slight promotion. They are very flexible with their hours.
Fun Place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Carhartt was a great place to work. The enviroment was fast paced, and the staff friendly. We were all like family. We worked hard as a team to get the job done.
Pros
great enviroment
Laid Back Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJanuary 11, 2018
This was the first store opened on Long Island, so as a member of the first team of employees, we set up the store from the ground up. It wasn't a full 40 hour work week, and its was retail, so there was only so much you could do. I needed a full time job so I moved on.
very Productive and dynamic environment
Sr.SAP Techno Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 10, 2018
If you are really looking for every challenges , it is the right place.
Highly professional IT management and friendly business people.
They always try new tools and try to meet the timelines without pressuring employees.
Seasonal
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WADecember 17, 2017
Haven't worked there long enough to rate. this is only a seasonal position at Cabela's. I am not sure what its like to actually work for them. I do love their product
Good Place.
Special Handler (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYOctober 28, 2017
I worked there for two months, as a seasonal. Was a wonderful place to work. Wonderful people. Paid really well. Hated how much we had to work but paid really well.
Pros
paid well.
Cons
50+ hours a week.
Liked job but not management and others
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYSeptember 26, 2017
Actually liked the job but not management or some of other employees that was only out for themselves and didn't care when they ruined someone else's life to get what they wanted. Not everybody like that but the ones who are sure don't mind to hurt another fellow human just to get what they want. Yes i'm a little jaded. If u knew story you'd know y.
Pros
work hard good pay, some of the people
Cons
Management and some of your fellow employees.
Great Organization, Family Owned
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Great Culture, enjoyed all the awesome relationships I built over my time there!!! As District Manager work life balance was extremely difficult. Could not speak highly enough of the Senior Leadership!!
The worse company to work for......period
Picker (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYSeptember 11, 2017
First off.....this company grows atleast 10% every year then this year they cut pay in half without explanation. Having meetings telling you profits are through the roof and then chopping pay by half.....very sad company morals. People are good but management is totally clueless. Stay away from this company. Worthless benefits. The worse health isurance ever. They say your treated like family.....thats totally bullcrap.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Best job I've had in a while
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEAugust 30, 2017
Working at the store is usually pretty relaxed. It can be dead slow at times during the summer (no customers for hours), but it can also get pretty crazy busy during the winter. During the summer, shifts can get cut if there aren't enough sales to warrant having a 3rd person on a shift, but there are always at least 2 people scheduled at all times.

I had never heard of Carhartt before I came in for my interview, but I have fallen in love with the products and the company. I even arranged to transfer with the company to a new location when I was moving because I wanted to stay with the company.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No full time offered unless management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight