Carhartt Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 16, 2019
The teams have increased in size due to the company growing and seeing more business as they become a staple retailer in their communities. The company is expanding to open more stores around the US.

The store managers live by the Carhartt mission as well as the upper management. There are great advancement opportunities in the company if your work ethic aligns with theirs and the store leaders encourage career growth by coaching skills that can be used at Carhartt as well as future employment.

Some of the upper corporate management can be exclusionary but this company is run like a small family business - meaning they are stretched thin and likely just perfer to stick to their favorite people.

I wish they would do more outside marketing than just email blasts. As another poster stated - they do not have great marketing (like TV or newspaper ads) to let locals who may not have given their email to the store know the store is in the area.

As the company expands and stores become "destinations" where people come from 100's of miles away to visit, Carhartt should also offer more novelty items at lower prices. Tourists and those who don't wear the clothes can still enjoy it then.

The company offers great benefits like a 401k, medical and dental coverage, HSA, generous PTO (for full time employees), paid sick time (for part time employees), critical accident coverage, paid parental (maternal, paternal & adoption) leave, mental and financial health help, advanced leadership lessons (online), tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, great employee
  more... discount, and the occasional free meal just because.

On top of all this, the working environment in the retail locations rivals any other traditional retail setting. The teams are fun, knowledgeable, and basically like one big family.

This is definitely a retail job, and one that is wholly focused on the customer experience and satisfaction. It's not hard selling but it is relationship building. If you are not one for small talk or building friendships with strangers then it may not be for you. Hard work and dedication absolutely pays off and I have never worked for a better company.

They work hard, and they play hard.

Thanks for reading.
Pros
Great and unique benefits, fair pay, great environment
Cons
Logistics Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYJanuary 22, 2019
Carhartt is a great place to work. Wonderful management and coworkers. Great benefits. Relaxed and friendly environment. Growing company. Clean environment. Lots of job opportunities once hired. Safety and security is a priority.
sewing operator
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, KYDecember 21, 2018
It was a good place to work, a little stressful having to make production just to get paid a decsendant pay. There was a lot to do when you had to fix your own mistakes on jackets
Not a bad place to work
Special handler (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYDecember 12, 2018
It is a a very good job, just can’t work 4th shift the people there are very friendly. Can get very stressful at times but that’s anywhere you go. And Also they don’t have very good insurance
Cons
Short breaks and health care
Carhartt is great but...
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 20, 2018
As a whole Carhartt is an amazing place to work. They offer extremely generous discounts and have more than average holiday compensation. When I first started the management team was great and I absolutely loved going to work. I even worked lots of extra shifts when I had time off. But due to changes in upper management (we got all new asms and store manager) my feelings have drastically changed. Overall it's a good part time position if you're not interested in advancing.
Pros
Super generous discounts and holiday pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of strong knowledgeable leadership
Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2018
For working at mall of america there should be a better pay because it is the highest trafficked store in the company. i worked there for 3 years and got a total of $.31 raise.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12203July 18, 2018
Even as just a sales associate, Carhartt had made me feel important, although there is little room for promotion within the company I still enjoy the flexible schedule, amicable managment and fringe benefits.
many unhappy employees
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMay 5, 2018
pay cuts destroyed all morale. The 10 hours shift feel like they never end. your breaks are 4 minutes less than they should be. starting pay is terrible when you consider how this job hurts your body over time. FORGET about any time off during busy season, or know that you will work the most horrible shifts and overtime day. The union employees that have the most seniority believe they are entitled to have first choice every time. If the company changes in policy aren't bad enough the senior employees who feel entitled will irritate you. However most are willing to help you if you are struggling with learning the job. Starting pay is horrible. the pay does go up yearly however you will not make the decent pay for quite some time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lousy attitude all around.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PAMarch 21, 2018
Everyone was very nice and easy to work with. When work had to be done, everyone worked together to get it done. Busy in the winter, very slow in the summer.
Pros
Free Lunches, Clothing Discount
Cons
Short non-paid lunch breaks. Part time hours are not enough
just terrible
Fork Truck Driver and WMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYMarch 5, 2018
no paid lunch
underpaid
no respect from supervisors
feel like 2nd class workers here.
the less you do here the more you are praised.
we just need better leaders here.
Pros
pto days
Cons
favoritism to certain workers are at a all time high here.
Family Oriented Business
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 27, 2018
The culture is very family oriented and relationship driven.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of technology, everything is manual so lots of extra work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flex time.
Pros
work from home, flex time, discounts
Cons
Poor employee development, promotions
Carhartt
Cubiscan (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 3, 2018
overall good, always had to work on the weekends. Worked there as a temp, thanks i was able to claim the ranks a little and get a slight promotion. They are very flexible with their hours.
Good Place.
Special Handler (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYOctober 28, 2017
I worked there for two months, as a seasonal. Was a wonderful place to work. Wonderful people. Paid really well. Hated how much we had to work but paid really well.
Pros
paid well.
Cons
50+ hours a week.
The worse company to work for......period
Picker (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYSeptember 11, 2017
First off.....this company grows atleast 10% every year then this year they cut pay in half without explanation. Having meetings telling you profits are through the roof and then chopping pay by half.....very sad company morals. People are good but management is totally clueless. Stay away from this company. Worthless benefits. The worse health isurance ever. They say your treated like family.....thats totally bullcrap.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Family owned and treats its employee like family
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 25, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. They treat everyone who works for them like family. Great benefits for full time employees. No other place like it to work for.
Easy job, terrible promotions
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAMay 11, 2017
The job was very easy and the pay as well was not to bad for retail. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the promotions were nothing special and some people who deserved it never got it. I earned a lot about how retail works and not being the one shopping. Hardest part of the job was decided how to handle an angry customer. Best part of the job was always coming in to everyone smiling and in a good mood.
Pros
Fun people to work with, pay
Cons
barely a promotion, no good hours
Highly recommended
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 25, 2017
Awesome place to work. They offer great benefits, hours, PAY. Great people to work for and amazing people to work with. The owner is very family friendly. Love this place.
not a terrible place to work
Picked (Former Employee) –  Hanson, KYMarch 19, 2017
If you have problems paying attention, picking isn't the job for you. Boring and hard to focus. It was not the job for me and therefore i din't give it my all
Cons
short breaks
Insurance is very costly 175 bucks a week
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanson, KYFebruary 9, 2017
If carhartt wants to grow then they are going to have to replace all of upper management including maintenance they are living in the past. Technology is here and to stay and with it a decent wage/benefits package is needed desperately. Millions spent on new line and it hasn't ran nothing in a year, and not showing any promise it will in the near future. The maintenance manager,and supervisor has no clue on how to run the department. I've been here 11 years and if corporate doesn't step on soon im afraid it will be deframetral to the Hanson Carhartt facilities. When is this company's eyes going to open and see the issues here. I hope before it's not to late.
Pros
All kinds of PTO time and holidays
Cons
Can't afford to take time off because pay is terrible
Stable work environment, iconic company, great benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 16, 2017
I've worked for Carhartt for 7 years and would not have left if my family hadn't made a move out of the area. This company tried to allow a good work/home life balance and they offer a great benefit package with added programs to promote healthy living (Vitality). My management team was very encouraging and worked to promote gaining additional skills opportunities for the team.
My coworkers are great and really helped me get through any 'bad' days that I was having - not that there were many thankfully.

I definitely recommend working with Carhartt!
Pros
Benefits, work hours, location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carhartt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight