Caribou Coffee
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Caribou Coffee Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
Fun place to work and nice staff. Make good money and tips. Learn how to make different drinks
Although I didn't work at Caribou Coffee for long I enjoyed my time there. All I really did was make drinks all day. I learned how to better myself as a team member and to be a little more considerate of my speed vs. the speed of others. What I enjoyed the most about the job is that it was kind of in the middle of no where so business was steady.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Fun environment that was a constant moving puzzle with customer interactions as well as staff interactions.
Caribou Coffee is one of the most fun places I've ever had the pleasure of working in. A typical day at work is fast-paced and busy, but not unpleasantly so. I've had days where I've worked five hours non-stop on bar with three other people just knocking out drinks like a well choreographed dance. The pace is exhilarating and the stores, to my knowledge, are constructed so as to encourage fast and efficient production. The customer base is warm and friendly, and the staff is just as chummy. I learned a lot about the origins and roasting process of coffee while I was there, also that the community can be a big part of your day at work, and make it super great. Management was on point, very well educated in keeping the store running smoothy but without any additional stressors. Everyone was happy to work for the people in charge.

The hardest part of the job was the pace, at most. I worked in a large location where I was the closing shift supervisor. Keeping track of the guests as well as our closing tasks was difficult, but rewardingly so. I've never had a day of work where I was unduly stressed about my workload or the expectations of the baristas on shift with me.

I have to say the community was the most enjoyable part of the job. A local church group helped us donate hundreds of pounds of coffee to the troops over seas every year, it was an amazing feeling.
Pros
Nice people, lovely location, 1 free drink per shift
Cons
short breaks, too many blended drinks
caribou coffee was an awesome job and has shown me that with dependability and hard work is what it takes to be a grate asset as well as a grate supervisor
Pros
exellent place to work and a awesome crew
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This is a great place to gain work experience. I enjoyed my time here.
I Loved coming to work everyday. It was a very laid back fun place to be and everyday was a little challenging which made it all the more interesting.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Running a coffee shop requires constant cleaning, coffee-brewing and restocking-- plus helping a constant flow of customers. Your main goal is to put a smile on the customer's face with a good attitude and delicious coffee. The fast-pace can be a tad brutal, especially in a smaller store with less employees. However, getting to know your community makes everything worth it.
Pros
relaxed environment (most of the time)
Cons
no set breaks, some shifts run 10 hours long
My position as a Shift Supervisor with Caribou Coffee, entitled such responsibilities as inventory management, cash controlling of cash drawers as well as the store safe. The cleanliness of the store, as well as the training of new hires, also fell under my accountability. I was also liable for properly securing the store at night upon leaving.
Pros
free coffee, cozy enviroment, wonderful decor, great employees.
Cons
no breaks at the location i was located at, no rome for advancement.
Management never processed my paperwork so i didn't get paid until i left
I loved opening the store, I was often the first person my guest saw each day and we all really became apart of eachothers lives. Most everyone who visited my store lived in the area close by and came in on regular or everyday bassis. I learned paitents while with the company and that the guest is always right even when they arnt. I really enjoyed my team, we worked like a well oiled machine all with our own parts to play and it formed a great enviornment. The hardest part of my job was when the middle school children would come in, there were often loud and made it hard for us to do our work as well as the other guest to enjoy their time. The best part of my job was how community based my store was. I still often go in and visit with my guest because like I said we all spent a great deal of time together and I miss them all!
Pros
all the coffee you can drink
Cons
it was a pretty non stop store so breaks were few and far between
I enjoyed my time at Caribou no for the company values or benefits, I enjoyed it because of my coworkers. The company management was , at the time, was the worse
Pros
great coffee
Cons
management