Caribou Coffee

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great coffee and nice people

Fun place to work and nice staff. Make good money and tips. Learn how to make different drinks

It was fun to work there

I liked working there a lot and I miss working there but I am glad I don't live there no more because of the weather I enjoyed my time I was there,......

Pros

Discount for lunch and free coffee

Cons

No cons

January 11, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time at Caribou, and we hope you'll visit us as a guest if you're ever back - despite the cold weather!

Great company but not much room for growth

I enjoyed my time here and the schedule was great while I was going to school as I never really worked past 12:30-2pm in the afternoon. I wish I was trained better but it was an overall straightforward job.

Pros

Benefits after a year Decent pay

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

January 11, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate it! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time as part of the 'Bou Crew, and the flexibility we provide! We are a little bummed to hear you didn't feel there were opportunities for growth - we are growing like crazy! Thanks again for leaving a review.

the really only reason its not the worst was because i knew all my coworkers very well and we all got along

it was at a hy-vee location so they had more say in what was going on but the management was very unhelpful they made my manager who had a broken toe come in after hours to clean a drain because the perishables wouldnt call a work order for a eroded drain

Pros

shift drinks usually allowed two per 6 hour shift

Cons

basically no benefits they made you work full time hours for none of the benefits

December 28, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that the team you work with can make all the difference, and are glad to hear you enjoyed working with your team. Unfortunately, we do not currently have any company-owned locations in Hyvee stores in Missouri.

Fun entry level job, not good for management

The company cares greatly about its product and brand, not quite as much as each employee. The pay is incredibly low in comparison to the amount of work that is done. Upper management has favorites about store managers, and the entire district feels accordingly. I was required to manage and run a store solo without the proper pay/title because they were very understaffed and they take advantage of hard workers. Corporate means well, but the Denver district struggles greatly.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

low pay, overworked

December 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We know that feeling supported and that you have what you need to succeed is paramount in a good employee experience, and we strive to provide that to all of our teams. We are bummed to hear that wasn't your experience. We would love to hear more feedback from you on how we can improve. Please feel free to reach out to our HR Services team at 1-877-435-7268.

working for caribou is fun but slightly underpaid

Personally for me my boss and coworkers are great and my boss is super flexible and its fun to work there and good for like a side income or if you're a high school student with no bills. But the range is pretty low, team members are paid $11-$13 then shift leads are $13-$15 and everyone is basically paid at the minimum for their title. My store is always worrying about labor and often send people home early.

Pros

30% discount, the company is nice and fun

Cons

slightly underpaid

December 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear you're enjoying the environment and your team! As a company, we do strive to provide market-competitive pay to our employees, and it's a bummer to hear you feel there is room for improvement there. Thank you again for leaving a review

Not worth it

It's a great place to work if you are a teenager. I'm not. The work itself is easy but stressful and the customers are stressful and I was not paid enough to deal with all that stress. I'm happier now that I've quit

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

On feet all day, low wage, crabby customers

December 1, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We appreciate the work you put in for us during your time at Caribou. We strive for environments that are fun to be, and are bummed to hear your experience didn't match our expectations.

Flexible Hours, extremely short-staffed, decent lay

I worked at the airport and the pay was pretty decent compared to street side stores. There’s multiple locations and higher ups tend to focus on the busier ones and neglect the others. Lots of burnout and people not showing up, calling in, and/or quitting. Being short-staffed lead to very high stress times during the rushes

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Short staffed

November 4, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We strive to provide market-competitive pay for all of our employees. It sounds like there were some aspects of your experience that don't line up with our expectations - we're bummed to hear that. We always encourage our teams to talk to their leaders to find solutions - communication is key! Thank you again for your feedback.

A great starter job, and more!

I worked at Caribou for about two years right after moving to Minnesota, they embrace the state culture and really made it feel like home!As is the case with most more corporate hospitality service jobs, the experience you have there will greatly depend on your team. I've had managers who have been very dedicated to running a tight ship, with a passion for their job and I've had managers who were clearly pressured into the position due to high company turnaround and do the bare minimum to keep the store running. This may seem like a specific negative but it's the reality of this industry as a whole. Caribou customers however, are some of the best due to their strong brand loyalty, so they're easy to build rapport with. Over-all, if you're familiar with the service industry and want to dip your feet into a place with more soul than your local fast-food joint I recommend it and ask the workers at your local Caribou what they think of their location.

Pros

Company culture, flexible schedule, great first job, tips

Cons

Expensive benefits, high turnover

October 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we really appreciate it! We understand that your team can play an important part in your experience with a company, and are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time. Our People - guests and teams alike- are the backbone of Caribou! Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Overall great people to work with. Fun job. Great customers. Training could be better. District managers are usually pretty great. Upper management.. some are great and others are not. Pay not competitive to other management jobs in other companies.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours, not very competitive pay

October 26, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate it. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Caribou.

Over worked underpaid understaffed

Constantly drowning feeling. Caribou likes to put up a good façade that they really care about their employees but I haven’t seen any proof of that. The pay is ridiculously low and they absolutely will not budge. There’s never enough time to do important things like cleaning and restocking because we don’t have enough people. We don’t have enough time to train people so they just do a day of computer work and then get thrown into the pit. Customers can be rude and dumb. We deserve to get paid more for the back breaking work we do. I really believed it was going to be a fun, inclusive, low-stress family environment but it is none of those things. We’re not staffed enough to take a break at a decent time. We’re forced to take our breaks after only a few hours of light work, then spend 5 hours doing the really intense work.

Pros

Free shift drink, 30% off merch, food and drink, free half pound of beans each week, cash and card tips

Cons

Insulting pay, short staffed, badly timed breaks

October 7, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, we appreciate hearing from you. Our teams - our people - are the backbone of Caribou, and we strive to constantly provide market-competitive pay/benefits and positive employee experiences. We are extremely disappointed to hear your experience does not reflect our company values or culture - supporting one another, and a place where everyone feels valued and heard. If you would like to share additional feedback, we'd love to hear from you. We encourage you to talk to all of your leaders. If you would like, you can also reach out to our HR Services team at 1-877-435-7268 to share your thoughts on how we can improve your experience.

Decent people but very low pay and stressfull

You don’t get paid nearly enough for how demanding and stressful the job can be especially as a shift supervisor. Turnover rate is super high and we always lacked employees that were properly trained and knew what they were doing. Crazy busy all the time tons of annoying customers but this will depend on your location. Your schedule is flexible which is nice and the coworkers are usually cool and the job can be fun at times. Free coffee is also a plus.

Pros

Free coffee, flexible schedule, cool coworkers

Cons

Super busy, high stress, low pay, high turnover

September 21, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Caribou. As a company, we strive to provide market-competitive pay and benefits. We strongly encourage our employee to talk with their leaders to problem - solve - communication is key! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the perks that come with being part of the 'Bou Crew. Thanks again for the feedback.

Pretty and fun workplace with great benefits.

I loved working at Caribou Coffee! Management at my location was great and they cared about their team members. Getting to know regular customers made the job fun.

Pros

Free drinks, tips

Cons

Required breaks

September 14, 2021
Thanks for leaving a review, we appreciate it! Our people - guests and teams alike - are the backbone of what make Caribou, well, Caribou! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the culture and perks during your time as part of our 'Bou Crew!

Fine

Super okay job there are plenty things to do at this job while I am jobbing around the table trying to fit this 150 word minimum so I can look at other job reviews you know?

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Early hours

October 19, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review with us, we hope you enjoyed your time as part of the 'Bou Crew.

Fun when working with the right people

I have worked at two different locations (a drive thru in the suburbs, and a location on a college campus in front of the light rail) and have gone though many managers. I’ve had a few okay managers but 2 really bad ones. One of them talks behind other employees backs, and doesn’t ever congratulate or express gratitude for their employees. You only get one drink for free per shift and no food :( Drive thru location in the suburbs earned me another $1 per hour in tips while at the college campus location, I would be lucky to come home with $2 after a 6 hour shift. Raises are very minimal if at all any.

Pros

Fun, busy work environment

Cons

Barely any tips, poor management and upper management

Great company that truly cares for its employees. My co-workers are like a second family.

Awesome as a part time job, just wish it paid enough that I could be there full time. No insurance unless you’re an assistant manager or store manager. Lots of employee perks.

Pros

Shift drink, employee discount, company culture

Cons

No insurance options, doesn’t pay enough to be sole income in a large city.

July 13, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreicate it! We are thrilled to hear you are having such an amazing experience as part of the 'Bou Crew! Our people and culture are the backbone of who we are. As a company, we strive to provide market-competitve pay and benefits for our teams. We strongly encourage you to talk with your leaders to problem solve - open communication is key! Thanks again for leaving a review.

Don't.

Just don't. Personal time off doesn't exist. Breaks don't exist. Constantly understaffed, and even if you can find people to cover for you? Likelihood is they won't.

Pros

Free coffee every day

Cons

No breaks, benefits are trash, and PTO doesn't get paid out

July 7, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback. As a company we strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive pay and benefits for our team. We also want our teams to feel supported and like they have the tools they need to succeed. We are super bummed to hear that this didn't seem to be the case for your experience. If you'd like to leave additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to our HR Services team at 1-877-435-7268.

Good Coffee...and thats about it

Managers are always expected to be on call even on days off so you literally never get a break. Constant pressure to sell pounds of coffee and nasty sandwiches

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Never get a break

June 22, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate the feedback. We are bummed to hear you don't enjoy our sandwiches. We think our food offerings are pretty tasty! We strive for our employees to feel supported and that they have the tools to succeed, and are disappointed it sounds like that wasn't your experience. Thanks again for the feedback.

Can be fun, but super stressful

The people you work with are great. However, you don't get paid enough for the amount of stress and rudeness you endure during your shifts from customers. I can see why they have a hard time keeping employees. The pay is terrible.

Pros

Free shift drink

Cons

Terrible pay

May 25, 2021
Appreciate you stopping by to share your opinion. We agree that what really makes Caribou special are the people who work here. As a company we strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive pay and benefits for our team. We encourage you to talk to your manager about any concerns you have - as communication is key. Thanks again for your feedback!

Great People, Very Stressful, High Expectations

My coworkers were great and fun to work with.The job itself is very stressful and fast pace. You often feel overwhelmed.I was a Team Lead for Caribou. I feel as though I never met my managers expectations even though I felt I was going above and beyond.

Pros

15 Minute Paid Break, Amazing Coworkers

Cons

Very Stressful, No Benefits

May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback. We always want our employees to feel they can communicate with their leaders if something's not working, and are bummed to hear you didn't feel that to be the case. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to the HR Services team at 1-877-435-7268

Great experience!

Loved working here! The people are so friendly and welcoming. This was an ideal summer job and they offered flexible shifts.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Hard to find people to cover shifts

May 25, 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time as part of the 'Bou Crew!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caribou Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight