Carilion Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good starting point
Medical Office Associate II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 11, 2018
I have learned a lot. Changing jobs or advancement depend on who you are and what you are willing to do to move up or change. I have not had a nice manager yet.
Great place to work.
Hepatitis C Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 10, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Carillon over the passed year or so. I have nothing negative to say about the company. I think I have one of the best managers anyone could ask for. This is by far my most enjoyable job I have ever worked. They are very family oriented and that means a lot to someone who has children and sick parent.
Very nice place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Lead (Current Employee) –  Pearisburg, VAJune 28, 2018
Great place to work, we have a good work team, work well together and support each other. I believe Carilion is a good company to work for, there are opportunities for advancement .
Great Place
Medical Office Associate II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 19, 2018
I love what I do from greeting patient's to being able to schedule their consultation, follow up and imaging appointments. Being able to be there for a patient means the world to me.
Pros
Great company
Cons
not enough money
Ever-changing work structure
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 18, 2018
Frequent changes in goals, workflows, leadership/leadership styles make for a somewhat chaotic work environment. There are multiple open positions, so job movement is possible, after one year in a position.
Rn
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 12, 2018
I work for a high acuity, fast paced coronary ICU environment. This unit is amazing and heavily participates in the hospitals shared governance. Each RN takes ownership for the counsel chairs, reports back to the unit, aids in improving bedside outcomes and press-ganey scores.
As a unit we provide excellent bedside care for cardiogenic shock, STEMI/NSTEMI, ARF requiring CRRT, IABP management, drip titration of all varieties, Impella management, and much more.
Our clinical team leaders and preceptors aid in all staff excellence. They provide mentorship and a platform for continuing education in a nonjudgemental environment, fostering growth and team unity.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 8, 2018
LPN's could be compensated salary wise better.
Hard to move up due to the amount of nepotsim that is displayed with in the facility.
Also they need to seperate sick time ,holidays and paid time off instead of everything coming out of one pot.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pto, sick, time and holidays come out of your PTO balance.
Communication Specialist
Carilion Direct - Communication Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 20, 2018
This job was h*ell. 400+ calls on bad days, unable to help, just transfer as fast as possible while showing you care. Team Leader was horrible was just moved around and not reprimanded. kissed the right bootay. My first time at this employer was pleasant so it truly depends on where you work within the company.

that is all
Pros
pay, benefits, experience
Cons
lower management or lack there of
steady and productive learning environent
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Carilion (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 16, 2018
fast paced,patient oriented office with lots of room for growth.lots of encouragement from others and very patient oriented with an emphasis on privacy
Pros
good team work
Cons
some days overly busy
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 15, 2018
Fast pace, ever changing environment perfect for the ambitious employee. There are plenty of advancement opportunities with great benefit packages. Educational support is endless.
Pros
educational support
no current review
clinical lead (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 15, 2018
,,,NO review needed for this company, nothing good or bad to say about the company other then they are more about politics then the patients in my opinion.
Security og job guaranteed.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 26, 2018
Carilion Clinic has a lot to offer to the community, both to the associates and the clientele it serves. My job gives me the opportunity to be of service to the patients and their families. And, for that, I love what I am doing.
A big organization with lots of opportunities
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 26, 2018
Carilion has an overall good culture, though it can be a mixed bag in terms of management and job satisfaction. It really depends on the role which you are fulfilling. It has some unique benefits, and pay is comparable to others in the same field. My experience has been one of fostered growth and the ability to move around within the company, which has been wonderful.
Dont get paid for the work we do
Anesthesia Tech (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for carilion at first but then after i became trained in the cardiac and vascular operating rooms i became jaded. This is because I learned new skills, skills other people have not learned and some of who refuse to learn. I was not compensated for learning these new skills and i feel as though i should have been
Reputable hospital with many growth opportunities
ED Nurse/Clinical Team Lead/Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 21, 2018
Carilion Clinic was a great place to work. Many opportunities as well as offering many tools for growth whether if it be career advancement or change of career.
Pros
Lots of education and opportunities to learn or grow
Cons
Lost a few benefits that never returned during recession of 2008.
RN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Giles County, VAApril 17, 2018
I love working with Carilion have had great opportunities to advance my career and a great bunch to work with. Family comes first. I have had a great experience with Carilion and enjoy working for this company. Can’t say enough about their employee treatment, they are great!
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Can’t think of any at this time
Burning bridges
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  RMHApril 16, 2018
Carilion is a monster in the health care world of south western VA. The fast paced and minimal payout for employees is by far one of the worst things about working here. Everything is micro managed with you being the at the bottom. No one is willing to help with any activities or duties that you are given that day. You will be doing everything you can while other staff sit at the nursing stations and chit chat and ignore any requests you may have. I would not recommend anyone to work here or even be associated with carilion clinic as a whole.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, terrible pay, overworked, understaffed, stressful environment.
Productve
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 10, 2018
Although this company provides what appears to be good benefits they really are not, they do provide PTO but take it when they decide to close office for holidays and you don't get to decide whether you want time off without pay that's not an option. They also make employees feel unvalued.
Pros
Small lunch
Cons
No breaks
Security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 9, 2018
I learned never to trust anyone. Especially my managers. Carilion..is a business first and then a medical facility. The CEO and management are paid very well.
fairly good job
customer service on all aspects (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 9, 2018
Its a nice job to have, the benefits are great but i have had problems with the management when it comes to there rules sometimes the manager likes to change them according to their mood for the day. hardest part is dealing with unhappy customers sometimes and enjoyable part is some days are pretty relaxed and not stressful
Pros
have pto accruing as soon as you start
Cons
manegement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carilion Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight