Carillon Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Horrible rude manager
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 16, 2019
Manager was always rude and condescending. She handled issues poorly , lacked compassion or understanding for employees. Although I will say she could fake it when she needed too. When I left I felt relieved.
Rethink your options
Med tech/CIS (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCNovember 13, 2019
I absolutely loved my residents, but the staff and management were awful. Your expected to do the work of many with little pay. Management got weekends off while the rest worked double shifts to cover the call outs. Then the management then ask why your so exhausted....humm...I wonder why. Two faced staff and to much turnover for correct care of residents.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 29, 2019
I worked at this place for a little over a year and never saw a 90 day review or even a potential raise like they promised also every employee trys to find a way to make up lies about you and also none are trust worthy at all they made up lies about me to get me fired because they couldnt fire me do to having excellent work ethics. If they don't like you they do everything in their power to try and get rid of you behind your back. Management talks behind employees backs all the time and has no respect for its employees
Aweful company to work for
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCOctober 25, 2019
Do yourself a favor and run, dont walk from this company. Corporate is completely disconnected to the reality of individual locations. They expect you to sell an insanely expensive product thats falling apart
Pros
Cons
Working there
Rcc
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2019
Terrible place to work. The morals and ethics of the company as a whole are despicable. Even with better compensation I would NEVER go back. The residents are paying ridiculous amounts of money to live in this place and can barely get the care or even enough food.
Coorperate is money hungry
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 15, 2019
You start at $8/hr and will never get a raise unless promoted. Coorperate doesnt care about their employees. The CEO takes a yearly Safari trip to Africa instead of putting money back into the company. Depending on the building, the management is usually pretty nice. I was a housekeeper and it's probably the worst job you could have there.
Pros
40 hours ETO
Cons
No raises, childish coworkers/managers
Most unprofessional company
Dont worry about it. Your pay changes depending what you work. (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCOctober 10, 2019
The worst company EVER! Managements are lowkey racist. Will fire you without any warnings or write ups. ALWAYS short of staffs....VERY LOW PAY. Managemnets are not FAIR.
Not the best place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCOctober 9, 2019
Under paid. Under staffed. Always needed someone to work overtime because people always calling out. Or calling to see if you can come in early. Rude manager.
Carillon Assisted living is a Great company to work for.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 7, 2019
Carillon Assisted living is a great company to work for with a true family environment. They do their very best to make sure the needs of workers are met, and that the residents are given the utmost respect and top care.
Pros
Great family environment
The worse place I've ever worked.
Med Tech, PCA (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 4, 2019
This has been the worse job experience I've ever had. I can't begin to explain the unprofessionalism and nonchalant attitudes the management staff shows to its staff, the residents and families of the residents.
The definition of insanity. Don’t waste your time on Carillon.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 3, 2019
The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over and expecting different results. The turn over is ridiculous. They are on their 5th Marketing Director in under a year and this is one location! Similar turn over at the rest. At what point does one decide a business model doesn't work? Compete against other local locations along with competition internally for required networking visits. Somewhat passive aggressive management style. Worst company/management style I’ve experienced in 25 years of employment. YES WORST. Don’t waste your time here if your looking for longevity, folks don’t last long there.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Bad business model, and bad management at the corporate and location level.
Bad management
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 29, 2019
Management was terrible. They care nothing for their employees and residents. Residents were treated poorly, always treated bad, management doesn't care nothing about the residents at all.
Awesome!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 26, 2019
Although the pay isn’t what I’m used to, the people and the environment makes up for this. I love my job and everyone I woke with. The management is great!
Med Tech
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 24, 2019
Poor management, no moral for employees. Over working their employees & the pay is horrible. No compassion for your employees or acknowledgement to how well they are appreciated. Management extremely prejudice
They didn’t care about the employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 17, 2019
I didn’t like working there because they would let other employees tell them what to do with other employees. The job was good the managers were easily influenced.
I really enjoyed the residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 16, 2019
I wish I could work there again because I miss my residents because they treated me as a member of their family as I did them in return. I love making them laugh and smile.
Pros
Great friends and residents
Cons
Short breaks, too little pay, and had to keep asking for days off
Unprofessionalism
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCSeptember 14, 2019
First, I would get all new management. Some people work for a living. GP has a director that does nothing all day and she really thinks that is her job. Unprofessional environment. Too much favoritism at the job. Workers get away with too much without being reprimanded.
Not a fun place to work, turnover is very poor.
PCA/Med. Tech (Current Employee) –  Wake County, NCSeptember 13, 2019
Not a very good place to work. They tell you they are part-time and really they want you to work full time without benefits. Their pay scale is not accurate. They do not treat their employees fairly
The Joy Of Working There For Me was The Residents
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Carrillon Raleigh NCSeptember 12, 2019
Relocated From Upstate NY in October 2018 . Got Employed at Carrillon in February 2019 To April. This is The Worst Company To Work For. The Pay is Poor, Poor Management, From The Top Too The Bottom. There’s No Order or Structure, I Wouldn’t Let My Pet Stay There, Or recommend anyone to seek employment with this company.
Pros
Charging staff for meals
Cons
Short Breaks or none
Shelby office save your time
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 11, 2019
I worked for 1 month before I was over the way they treat them. Disrespect and mean to the very same ppl who are the reason they have a job. Management is trash the person that makes ur schedule see that they are understaffed and still won't give hours to actually live off. This shelby office isnt worth working at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carillon Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6