Caring Hands Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun, productive, rewarding
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 19, 2018
Loved working with the animals more so than my coworkers, there was always something to do even if you’re the only one that thinks so, learned a lot, wouldn’t mind working with animals again.
Seems different now, but was just ok during my time.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 28, 2018
A typical hospital setting, quick pace with occasional down time. Rarely leave on time due to a cater at all cost to the client policy ie if a client feels their pet is in major distress they will just have to pay a higher fee to get put on the schedule. They consistently give you hours and OT opportunities if you want them. The doctors and staff are well trained and provide excellent care so the clients in the area sing the praises of the hospital. They are very big on continued education so they often have speakers and medical reps come in to do presentations which are usually very interesting. Often provide lunch or snacks.
If the management staff doesn't care for you despite your talents, they will strategize to fire you or get you to quit ie write ups for tardies even when you call to inform them of an emergency or incident. The doctors do large amounts of paperwork so most things are taken care of by techs and assistants, so you get to do a lot more than a regular hospital.
Pros
Get to be part of an excellent care staff.
Cons
Benefits are very costly, full time employees are not given a bank of leave has to be earned, If the team does care for you regardless of your skill they will make it difficult for you, The doctors are told to treat as less than them
Review
Client Car Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 27, 2018
I worked for CHAH for a year and it was a great learning experience. The downside was that is was really stressful. You are dealing with sick animals. You have to always learn how to take a deep breath and deal with the patient in front of you.
Pros
Heath Care Benefits
Cons
Really stress full at times, Could not really have personal life.
n/a
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 6, 2018
the job itself was great despite poor management and pay. Overall it's a great place to work if you are looking for something short-term. The workplace was fast pace along with duties such as answering telephones, checking in patients, checking out patients, and assigned cleaning task.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Great team!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 16, 2018
Caring Hands Animal Hospital is full of dedicated employees who really work well together & have fun at work. I'm so glad to have been a part of this organization for almost 10 years!
Where I found my love for medical care.
Client Care Specialist/ Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VANovember 14, 2017
I had never worked in a medical environment before working at Caring Hands Animal Hospital. I truly learned a lot from my coworkers. The clients and their pets were also my favorite!
Pros
Puppies and Kittens
Cons
Short staffed
Aggressive work environment
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VASeptember 7, 2017
I do not recommend this place for employment, management did not seem to care or try to fix the issues. It was so fast paced and they would not hire the adequate staff to handle it.
Company has a lot of areas to improve upon
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJune 25, 2017
Management can be difficult to work with and breaks are on the clock so working may be required. Communication in the company as a whole is inadequate. Benefits are okay but not the best and no paid holidays or sick days.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings
Cons
On the clock breaks and health care benefits
I love Caring Hands
Veterinary Assistant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 19, 2017
I was a client before I was an employee, so I have experienced both sides. The care is above all others. Everyone truly cares about the patient AND the client's well-being. The company takes care of their employees, too.
Pros
Continuing Education, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Sometimes long shifts
Great and awesome work group
VET ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VAOctober 22, 2016
I learned just about everything I know today from working with Caring Hands. I can only speak highly of them. Great doctors and great staff who have the dedication of true animal medicine and care. Their employees treated as family, working together and supportive. Always willing to help the community and willing to share whatever knowledge they can in regards to their patient care with clients. They have the feeling of welcoming when you walk into their clinic. There are always smiles and always a connection between clients and staff. Everything around them have windows so that clients can see how their pets are doing, from back to front and even surgery.
Boarding facility is small but is very well kept, clean and odor free. I think my most enjoyable moments was having those times where we did our special events, this could be our open house for our clients and pets, even up to our all sister hospitals joining together for continue education. I loved working for Caring Hands, I sometimes do wish they had an office out here in Texas to make everything feel like home.
Pros
Smiles, fun, togethernes
Beneficial enviroment to learn and grow.
Lead Vet Asst (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAOctober 10, 2016
I was able to apply my leadership skills and management background in this setting. I created strong relationships with clients and employees, also providing the highest excellence in customer service. Recently promoted to Team Leader, where I would guide, direct, and supervise employees on the clock, delegate specific duties, and work side by side with management.
fast pace, productive
Doctor Assitant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2016
Tend to appointments talk to clients about their pets, restrain for the doctors put charges in, filling medications, interacting with other people animals
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAFebruary 6, 2013
Fun and fast pace workplace, Handle multiple telephone lines, schedule appointments properly for multiple veterinarians, file and maintain medical records, provide clients with answers regarding medical treatment and products, prepare bills and take payments.
Pros
managment open to new ideas and always willing to give employees a chance to learn something new
Cons
short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring Hands Animal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Caring Hands Animal Hospital Reviews by Location