Caring Hands Home Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun work place with good coworkers
Laundry Attendantfun (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 16, 2018
yes fun to work at very clean place get along with coworkers good lots of laundry to do and clean up as we go use the right detergent supposed to be usedfold laundry neet towels neat sweep mop floor
Nice and relaxed environment.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSDecember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company. The most important part of my job was spending time with my clients. It made me feel good to put my clients needs before mine.
nice staff
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2017
enjoy working with the clients. the staff makes sure that they clients are served and treated with respect with the right aide. The aides are treated ok.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no benefits
Rewarding place to work.
Billing/Nursing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Point, NYOctober 31, 2017
You were busy from the time you get in until the time you left, this was a fast paced job. I learned a lot about Medicaid billing. It was interesting and you always learned something new everyday. The job was very rewarding when you're dealing with patients and family and your able to get them the help they need.
Very Disappointed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Point, NYOctober 9, 2017
Wanted to get at least 25-30 hours a week working with caring hands but they never seem to find me a job and I’ve been employed with them since August. I call everyday looking for a job and I haven’t had any luck at all. Very disappointed on the lack of communication of the nursing coordinators and how I have to get the attention multiple times to finally get a job. If you want a job ASAP with a home care company, keep your options open.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, payed vacation, communication
Mileage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCSeptember 30, 2017
Mileage was not paid and driving your personal car all over the place was tough at times. You didn't get paid for drive time either. So getting your hours in was rough because you may have to drive all the way across town before seeing your next patient.
Pros
I learned alot
Cons
lack of compenstion
Hated it
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCSeptember 1, 2017
Caring Hands Home Health Care in my opinion is a joke. I don't think that they pay fairly on the requirements they want you to uphold. I feel they take advantage of the ones that work and the ones that don't are held on a pedestal. I would not recommend working for them.
Nice Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Point, NYAugust 14, 2017
Company is a nice place to work for. Establishing a good relationship with management is not difficult. Supervisors are supportive of their nurses. As a company with a clientele consisting of many families, all of which have different personalities, experiences, and expectations, establishing trust is quite difficult at first. Nurses need to be confident in their skills and prove to be competent in providing safe and effective care.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid vacations or sick days
Terrible work environment, no organization whatsoever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 29, 2017
Low pay, long hours and no chance for advancement. Expect you to do fill ins in addition to your regular clients. Lies to clients and makes promises they cannot deliver
Pros
Cons
No benefits at all
Quality home health
RN (Former Employee) –  WPB, FLAugust 25, 2016
Good work environment. The staff is easy to work with and are very helpful. Pay is issued right after job completion. I would recommend this agency to anybody.
Pros
good communication between field workers and office

Want to know more about Caring Hands Home Care?

Ask a question
Don't provide you with a 40hr work week.
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 28, 2016
They Cut your hours also do not pay well.There all about the patients could care less about workers. They don't pay vacation or holiday. They also don't provide insurance.
Pros
Its a job.
Caring Hands Home Care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 23, 2015
I was a personal care assistant. I assisted my clients with their daily living activities and daily household management.
Pros
Open ended schedule
Cons
Work Hours
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 7, 2015
Stress free job that requires you to be familiar with Microsoft suite and knowing how to deal with clients. Giving interviews is simple and most people are certified nurses you immediately staff
a little disorganized
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 23, 2015
They have very nice managers. I've never worked for home health before, so maybe it's homehealth in general....they didn't train too well at first. The first few patients I took care of they just sent me out without telling me anything about the patients. I had no clue why or what I was to be doing at each house. I had to ask the parents what to do the first time.
Pros
they are very nice
Cons
poor training
Great Company
Filing Clerk/ Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, PAApril 29, 2015
I owned the company and loved the work I did. I relocated out of state and I closed my company. I hope to open one up when I get to know the laws of opening a business in this new state.
Great company that cares for thier clients
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Sebeka, MNNovember 22, 2014
I assisted clients with ADL's and light housekeeping. This company cares a great deal for their clients and it shows in our work.
flexible work schedule
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 4, 2014
I enjoyed meeting and working with different clients. I got to work with a variety of people and different age groups. I worked with clients with different conditions. mental and physical. The management are nice people.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
no insurance or benefits.
Immature workers and understaffed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MIJune 23, 2014
My typical day included running around like a mad person because I could never get anywhere fast enough or I couldn't do a thorough enough job. The hardest part is managing yourself to do everything that is required for you to do. I did make a few friends and I learned a lot but in the end I was just too overwhelmed.
Poor management
RN Field Manager Suffolk County (Former Employee) –  Blue Point, NYJune 22, 2014
This company is not professionally managed. They cannot provide or produce employee manuals. There is no staff orientation or paid training for a new case. If the employee wants to be oriented, they must train with the nurse working on the case without pay. There have been instances when LPNs or RNs have negotiated to be paid for training and after the training is completed, the money is not in their paycheck. When it is questioned, this agreement is denied or the owner decides to pay half the rate. Recently, a professional RN was employed as a Field Manager for Suffolk County and was let go because a former employee, both unprofessional and unreliable; however, a personal friend of the owner, decided she wanted that job. I watched the owner tell this professional RN the news outside the office, on the street, because the office is so small, the owner does not have a private office. The electronic health record is not secure. The employees can access it outside of work on their personal computers. The office staff comes and goes as they please, often times not showing up for work and they cannot be reached or getting a manicure and pedicure on a 30 minute lunch break. One morning, the full-time Human Resources/Payroll employee came into work and her desk was cleared off, a billing employee was sitting at her desk and the HR person was informed that she her hours were cut to one and one half days a week. I cannot believe what I see!
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Unproductive
PCA (Former Employee) –  Batesburg, SCDecember 4, 2013
I would go to each patients house and stay for the required hours and help them with light house chores and personal hygiene, etc.