Caring Hospice Services Employee Reviews

Not going to miss it.
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2019
I am not going to miss this place. I didn't get a raise in 5 years, didn't get good benefits or perks. There is no room to grow, no education assistance, no stimulus to improve oneself. I'll be happy to leave this place soon but I will greatly miss my co-workers, my patients, and caregivers. Wish this place had better management and ownership.
Poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 31, 2019
Poor management. Hostile office environment. Care about profits not patients! Owners live in New Jersey. Tyrants. Paperwork overwhelmed. Fighting in the office. Nepotism
Very Picky
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 10, 2019
I was only with them for 5 months. They claimed that the job wasn't for me and they let me go. I am a experienced CHHA, but just starting a new role as a Hospice Aide sure didn't please them.
Supportive place to work.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 26, 2019
Enjoyed working at Caring Hospice. My hours were flexible and the team worked well together. The orientation I had was very thorough. Management was supportive.
Pros
Positive atmosphere.
Cons
Charting was not computerized when I was there.
no appreciation
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  njDecember 31, 2018
you work hard and do everything to please all the people in the office and then when you need help no one is there and doors get shut. no chances of moving up.
Caring Hospice a wonderful place to work.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 29, 2018
Love the atmosphere and the team spirit. Everyone is friendly and would recommend this employer to anyone. From walking in the front door there is a welcoming atmosphere and everyone helps each other taking patient care very serious. Its like a extended family. the management will make sure that each one has a number of patients each day that is not overwhelming I have had 6 patients or less each day. with minimal travel they try to keep me in the area closest for me to my home if possible. the company pays mileage and tolls for patient care, documentation is not difficult if you are a strong nurse and able to make decisions and take control of your self in prioritizing care.
Pros
team work and friendly
Cons
Lack of orientation, apathy of management
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 18, 2018
Orientation is provided by nurses that are very young and have less than 1 year hospice experience. Management has no experience in their roles, no education or management skills to fit the jobs they are in.
Pros
Incredible staff
Cons
Frequent turn over in management
Stay away!
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 12, 2018
This is one company you want to stay far away from. It would only serve as a stepping stone for most people. Ownership is rude and out of touch with reality. Don't let the positive comments fool you. They are written by the corporate folks.
The amount of backstabbing and childish management style is way too much for most people to handle. If you enjoy getting your throat cut on a daily basis, then this is the job for you....
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Wonderful place to work. Training done for staff. Supportive environment
RNCM (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 30, 2018
Great place to work. Education provided.
Management supportive and positive

Patients are provided excellent care.

Good electronic record system with training on tablets and phones provided.
Pros
training, salary, time off, collaboration, team spirit
Cons
hospice patients need to be admitted on short notice but that is not really bad thing
Great office culture. Enjoy working here.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 24, 2018
Caring Hospice Services is a great business to work for. Their pay is commensurate to the area and experience. Nice office culture. My direct report is a great person, and the staff is knowledgeable and pleasant.

The only reason I would ever leave is this move with my family.
Pros
co-workers and boss great. work is diverse.
Cons
n/a
Very demanding job with minimal support
Home Health Aide Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 8, 2018
Enjoyed providing support to families and patients on service. Poor management made day-to-day very stressful. Extreme lack of communication, benefits.
Caring place to work with great people.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 7, 2018
I begin my day by reviewing the patients I will see. I then go to the office and turn in my time sheets and patient notes. I then see my patients and assess their comfort level and needs. I have learned to effectively manage my work time as well as my home life. We have had a large turnover in management in the three years that I have worked here. The workplace culture changed with the management. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the different management styles. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients, families and team members. Providing excellent hospice care to people at the most difficult time of their lives is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management changes frequently.
Friendly environment
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PANovember 19, 2017
Friendly environment, co-workers and management. I learned quite a bit from the nurses and medical directors. Learning environment. Never the same day, tendency to be a fast paced office.
Wonderful group of people
Hospice home health aide (Former Employee) –  Ocean County, NJOcean countyOctober 6, 2017
I loved helping such wonderful people in the world at the end of life. But the office kept sending me further and further into two counties away and it was too much driving and when I refuse to go I gave my notice. I would watch out for that for other people interested.
Pros
Sick time, holiday pay
Cons
No vacation time
Poor ownership
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 6, 2017
The owners have little if any interpersonal skills. The owners have no interest in the lives or needs of its employees. Management are bigots unless you have a belief in their religion.
Pros
good clinical director.
Cons
too many to list. see above
Fun place to work at
Administrative assistant internship (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 5, 2017
I will definitely consider other people to work there.
It's very well paid and people who work there are very nice, and polite. Working there was a great experience for me, I really love it there.
Cons
The office is pretty small
A very caring place to work for team effort
CHHA (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 31, 2017
Love love helping my clients with day to day needs clients that I have a nice place to work for I love the fact that my clients look forward to seeing me everyday to put a smile on their face to be there to help them in need
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
No short break
Frequent change of management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 17, 2017
Fellow employees helpful, but morale over-all poor. Gossip and feelings of job insecurity common. Physical surroundings and concern over working conditions poor.
Great caring team!
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work very caring team. Hospice puts patients and families first.
Knowledgable on hospice process. Covers over six counties in the PA area.
Pros
weekends off
Terrible workplace environment. All that seems to matter is the bottom line.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 13, 2017
Although I was told by the director that my job was exemplary, the director took all my patients from me and assigned them to a colleague,who had worked some 18 months LESS than I. I was finally told I simply didn't need to come in to work any longer. No further comment or contact.
Cons
Quality control person from NewJersey is totally a joke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring Hospice Services. Our community is ready to answer.