Caring Matters Employee Reviews

Productive, acomplished
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PANovember 26, 2018
Excellent management, offers no benefits, 401k, no PTO, low pay, not compensated for mileage, no chance for career advancement, no incentive, not steady work
Pros
Relaxed, meet new people, bond with clients
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no PTO
Stressful environment
Direct Support Staff (DSS) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Great people to work with, also very good clientele. Management needs improvement. Pay is below average compared to the competition, benefits are ok, but again below the competition
Pros
An ok place to work
Cons
Pay and benefits
Stay away!
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 28, 2018
Place sucked! Heard it got worse! Some of the office people are really awesome but management sucks!! Free food is the only positive, the owner is the worst!
Pros
Free lunch
Challenging workplace
PRN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2018
Working at caring matters I was able to tend to the needs of individuals with special needs, which posed a challenge though I had experience caring for a family member with special needs. the challenge was in the fact that these individuals were mostly elderly and needed closer attention due to their level of special needs
Productive safe environment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoy working for this company and the staff there
is friendly and they care about there employees and the clients. And as long as as your jobs done right and the clientis are happy so are they. I really love my clients and enjoy being apart of there daily live. The management is extremely on top of things and keeps employees and clients updated on changes and ect...I will definitely continue to work for this great company and they amazing staff they have.
Pros
Great staff and management, amazing clients
Cons
No Heath insurance
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 9, 2018
Caring Matters provides plenty of opportunities for caregivers who enjoy a flexible schedule and the ability to provide compassionate care for those in need.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Care giver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2018
Nothing wrong with the company company has many flaws and room for growth. Great work environment strict but what wok site now isn’t strict for the company safety. Nothing but good
Pros
Felxible shifts
Cons
Night shift too long
Poor salary
At Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 16, 2018
This company did not appreciate its employees. The travel expenses didn't even cover the pay. There was never a consistent schedule and felt management did a poor job.
Good management but not enough benefits.
In Home Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 20, 2017
I loved working with the clients. If the pay was better and the job had more benefits, I would consider staying. The hours per day were limited to mornings and evenings which is an inconvenience sometimes rather than working a straight day or evening 8-10 hour shift.
Fun place to work at
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 25, 2017
I love the people I work with, this job does not pay enough and no benefits included no paid time off, we do get lunch everyday for free so that's a positive
Scheduling staff to busy for you
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 30, 2016
I have never seen a company in my life that does not have time to make your schedule for the week. They talk bad about you in office and when are just over the phone. Unprofessional, rude,not helpful and just mean. I hope the people get better that work in the office. The consumer are great but you have to hear the horror story's about most of the people that work there.
Pros
Unprofessional staff
Cons
Great to meet new people
Will overwork you at all costs
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 4, 2016
I found myself living at work so much so that if I called off one or two days the doors to heaven would close on you. They would not even tell you what the client needs were so you would walk into the unthinkable.
Pros
always someone on call
Cons
will overwork you and not give raises as often
Caring matters inc
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Verona, PASeptember 17, 2016
This business is owned by black family and they are very unprofessional and dont know how to speak to people. They hire people without requirements of tb test , physical , training and certificates to do job.
Pros
Hire on the spot
Cons
Unprofessional and dont ask for proof of certificates and license to do job
horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 7, 2016
horrible the owners have no respect for clients or staff.
my check was short a few times. the clients were always unhappy
Cons
no respect, always late with pay, with holded checks
caring matters
care giver (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 26, 2016
I only worked for them for three days i injured my self the third day and was not able to work for them anymore due to my restrictions from the doctor.
Boring for me, but not for somebody that likes taking care of peope health wise.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 23, 2015
What can I say. I never wanted to be a nurse, and yet I find myself doing it because my sister needed me. I am not at all happy doing this type of job. I have always enjoyed designing or drawing things!
Pros
none for me.
Cons
no breaks, no heathcare, not getting the pay I was promised, etc.
I enjoyed working with the consumers.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2015
It was a lot of working the medical field but i enjoy do it everyday. when you first step into a consumer home you already know what the person needs you to help them with. but they will tell you anyway. its a learning experiences for me because one day i to will be in need of assistance and i hope to get someone who is passionate to do this job as much as i am.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no breaks have to kind of squeese some lunch time in.
not a good company to work for
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 8, 2014
They were always confused about when I supposed to work, They were very rude and unprofessional
You don't get paid enough
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 11, 2014
I fell in love with the patients I provided care for but there was not much respect towards staff and supervisor. We were at times spoken down to and I didn't think that was right. I was proud of the work I was doing and the impact I had on the clients lives as well as the one they had on me. They over scheduled us and would have to send people home, it was not under great management. I was torn whether or not to stay but I eventually had to go. I put in my 2 weeks notice to be professional, and moved on.
Pros
Feel good job.
Cons
Management, short breaks, and overworked for the amount of pay they provided.
People
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
People Care was a great place to start in the ID community, learned great things from people there.

Echostar was good to learn customer service.