Caring.com Employee Reviews

2.1Job Security & Advancement
Absolutely unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Do not work here, pay is terrible. Horribly unprofessional and rude to employees. I quit after meeting my manager she was so demeaning and rude because I never had call center experience but loads of sales experience. Then why waste my time ?
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Pay is terrible, terrible management
Wish it was consistent.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 14, 2018
Love helping people but the calls, there are a lot of not qualified's and Voicemail's, just do not feel very productive, I think they need to weed out a lot of calls to make it fair.Need to have a better questionnaire if only certain people qualify. The people are great.
Difficult to control sales, too many obstacles out of my hands, making it difficult to reach my full salary potential
Sales Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID working remotely from homeFebruary 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Seniors, and helping families find the perfect Retirement Community for their loved ones. This included Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care (also included In-Home Care). However, the company I feel does not pay their Consultants what they deserve to make, and controlling the sale was difficult when too many things can, and did, happen to cancel the sales that I made. This ate into my income and ability to make the money that I was promised during initial interview.
Pros
Good Manager, willing to go the distance to assist
Cons
poor pay, poor hours (e.g. 1pm to 10pm at night)
exploitative of employees and seniors/their families
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
sweatshop, high turnover, unethical, manipulative on comp plans. harasses customers, push to hire offshores, inequitable pay for same position, steers leads inequitably, no holiday pay, mandatory overtime because they can't get lead purchase to match staffing capacity, excessive comp payment to non producing roles/favorites
Awesome
Senior Living Property Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 8, 2017
Great company
Great pay
Great hours
Great benefits
Great training program and support
Great commission plan
Great referral service
Great upper management team
Good inside sales job working from home
Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 9, 2017
Caring.com is a free senior living referral service. Family Advisors work in a call center-like environment where they field calls from customers inquiring online about senior living options. The family advisor assists seniors and families looking for assisted or independent living resources at no cost to the customer. FAs are paid a small salary and receive a bonus (commission) when someone moves into a senior community they referred. It is a very solid, tech-driven, and supportive company which is always seeking to improve. This can be a challenging position which requires good communication and sales skills as well as a lot of time in front of the computer and on the phone. But you get to work from home and you are genuinely helping seniors and families find the perfect senior living solution.
Pros
Work from home, schedule, very good managers, good benefits
Cons
Challenging to build up your pipeline and receive credit for move-ins, hard to get time off
Great to work from home
Senior Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 6, 2017
You can only work here if you don't need the money. Management does not value workers. They receive payment for every move in but will come up with a compensation plan to serve them and not pay you. Compensation plan changes every few months. I lived through 10.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Micromanage - always thinking of ways not to pay your bonus
Online job that requires exceptional listening skills; flexible schedule
Audio Transcriber (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 1, 2017
I work as a home-based, online audio transcriber of generally clear Skype calls. Availability of audios to work on is very limited - you have to fight/compete with other transcribers in order to be able to claim audios to transcribe. My direct manager is easy to work with and has been quite supportive and accommodating since Day 1. Despite said scarcity, I consistently produce the most transcripts at the end of each month and I'm always the first one to finish all tasks required of each transcriber.
Hardest part of the job is the scarcity of work, while the most enjoyable part is the flexibility of schedule and being able to work from the comfort of my own home.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule; comfort of working at home
Cons
Scarcity of audios to transcribe/work on
Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 19, 2015
Answered 100 or more inbound calls a day, Also helpdesk tickets per day. My colleagues was the best part of the job. Management started hiring out side of the office including other countries
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
Started hiering out side of the office in other states and country