Caring.com Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Avoid at all costs
Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
This was a good company with the ability to make a good salary and fulfill the social mission of the founders by truly assisting the seniors in need was a breath of fresh air. It is now a cutthroat call center. So many games daily and the result is your compensation is cut and sometimes eliminated. It is a nightmare to come to work. This company is a scam. They scam the staff and they scam the customers. Should be shut down. Stay away
Pros
Work from home
Cons
There are no pros. Not any more
Great to work for
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 2, 2018
Caring.com has a wonderful company culture, they pay well, whats not to like? The entire software development team is knowledgeable. They do good work, and they want you to succeed.
They don't take responsibility for their poor lead generation
Senior Living (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 12, 2018
Poor leads is often an excuse for sales people. However, having been a sales manage and knowing when leads are bad and when a sales person is not putting in the effort I can say with experience that Caring.com has poor lead generation which was constantly changing based on their marketing. The problem with that was that as a Family Advisor they heald you accountable for their lack of marketing ability. Not a fair way to judge performance. Also, incoming calls didn't count towards your metrix. Rediculous. Just because they didn't pay for that lead doesn't mean that you didn't do a great job selling them.
Pros
Work from home with a great system
Cons
Their lead generation/Marketing
Stressful and Challenging
Family Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
FA's are required to work all holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. FA's accumulate plenty of vacation days however if you use your PTO days no adjustments are made toward your monthly Move in requirement. Great to be able to work from home, however the quality of leads are low income and recycled leads which makes it difficult to hit your performance matrix expectation and FAs are blamed for low performance. When the leads are hot and you get the required move in and the commission payout can be rewarding however it difficult to consistency achieve goal every month which causes the job to be stressful and disappointing. And FAs are measured on so many categories which can cause FA's to loose money and the company still makes the revenue from communities and heath care agencies. Your manager can be nice to work for however their options have no weight with upper management.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Not a stable company to work for lots of changes constantly
Typical day
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Telecommute (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day at work would involve working through Salesforce leads and contacting Home Care agencies that may be interested in being featured on the Caring.com website. They are given a demonstration that explains the features and benefits of the website.
Absolutely unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Do not work here, pay is terrible. Horribly unprofessional and rude to employees. I quit after meeting my manager she was so demeaning and rude because I never had call center experience but loads of sales experience. Then why waste my time ?
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Pay is terrible, terrible management
Wish it was consistent.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 14, 2018
Love helping people but the calls, there are a lot of not qualified's and Voicemail's, just do not feel very productive, I think they need to weed out a lot of calls to make it fair.Need to have a better questionnaire if only certain people qualify. The people are great.
Difficult to control sales, too many obstacles out of my hands, making it difficult to reach my full salary potential
Sales Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID working remotely from homeFebruary 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Seniors, and helping families find the perfect Retirement Community for their loved ones. This included Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care (also included In-Home Care). However, the company I feel does not pay their Consultants what they deserve to make, and controlling the sale was difficult when too many things can, and did, happen to cancel the sales that I made. This ate into my income and ability to make the money that I was promised during initial interview.
Pros
Good Manager, willing to go the distance to assist
Cons
poor pay, poor hours (e.g. 1pm to 10pm at night)
exploitative of employees and seniors/their families
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
sweatshop, high turnover, unethical, manipulative on comp plans. harasses customers, push to hire offshores, inequitable pay for same position, steers leads inequitably, no holiday pay, mandatory overtime because they can't get lead purchase to match staffing capacity, excessive comp payment to non producing roles/favorites
Awesome
Senior Living Property Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 8, 2017
Great company
Great pay
Great hours
Great benefits
Great training program and support
Great commission plan
Great referral service
Great upper management team
Good inside sales job working from home
Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 9, 2017
Caring.com is a free senior living referral service. Family Advisors work in a call center-like environment where they field calls from customers inquiring online about senior living options. The family advisor assists seniors and families looking for assisted or independent living resources at no cost to the customer. FAs are paid a small salary and receive a bonus (commission) when someone moves into a senior community they referred. It is a very solid, tech-driven, and supportive company which is always seeking to improve. This can be a challenging position which requires good communication and sales skills as well as a lot of time in front of the computer and on the phone. But you get to work from home and you are genuinely helping seniors and families find the perfect senior living solution.
Pros
Work from home, schedule, very good managers, good benefits
Cons
Challenging to build up your pipeline and receive credit for move-ins, hard to get time off
Great to work from home
Senior Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 6, 2017
You can only work here if you don't need the money. Management does not value workers. They receive payment for every move in but will come up with a compensation plan to serve them and not pay you. Compensation plan changes every few months. I lived through 10.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Micromanage - always thinking of ways not to pay your bonus
Online job that requires exceptional listening skills; flexible schedule
Audio Transcriber (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 1, 2017
I work as a home-based, online audio transcriber of generally clear Skype calls. Availability of audios to work on is very limited - you have to fight/compete with other transcribers in order to be able to claim audios to transcribe. My direct manager is easy to work with and has been quite supportive and accommodating since Day 1. Despite said scarcity, I consistently produce the most transcripts at the end of each month and I'm always the first one to finish all tasks required of each transcriber.
Hardest part of the job is the scarcity of work, while the most enjoyable part is the flexibility of schedule and being able to work from the comfort of my own home.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule; comfort of working at home
Cons
Scarcity of audios to transcribe/work on
Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 19, 2015
Answered 100 or more inbound calls a day, Also helpdesk tickets per day. My colleagues was the best part of the job. Management started hiring out side of the office including other countries
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
Started hiering out side of the office in other states and country