Caring.com Employee Reviews

Nightmare Company
Family Advisor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work: Fake emails sent out saying hurry up, hot leads, no one is taking calls. Truth is most of the day is giving out phone numbers like a 411 operator, and not qualified leads that you have to force in home care and medical alert on as an alternative to senior living.

What I learned: Most seniors can not afford to pay 5K per month and it is very hard to make money in this business. Additionally, the company does not want to pay you when you do randomly find seniors that can afford it.

Management: Most have never done the business and have no idea what to do. The entire team and their kool aid is a trick. The have not bought leads in months because of an "algorithm" issue they blame on the internet. They run it like elementary school as in for every action there is a punishment - all to find reasons not to pay their employees. The quotas change at least monthly all geared to their pockets. They play with the numbers to fit themselves as they forget the ones who are earning the money for their homes in the mountains etc are the ones they threaten every day. Outrageous treatment daily toward employees.

The hardest part of the job: Sitting for hours hooked to the computer with many cords and not being able to move without punishment. They say you can take a break and eat lunch but then they punish you for that time away from your desk. It is very unhealthy.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Talking to really nice families and seniors in need of a solution in finding senior living.
Pros
Work at home, some time off
Cons
No weekends off, rarely get requested PTO
Competitive workplace.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Florence, AZ, worked from homeOctober 27, 2018
I am accountable to my job. My Manager never stopped making me better, I have worked on the phone in sales for over 10 years. This place is the best out of 4 companies I have worked for. To have Medical, Dental,Vision Insurance for my Family is awesome, and my Roth 401 Retirement plan is great. I had to leave for family dynamics, and health reasons. A big Howl out to him.
Pros
I made enough money to support my family of 4.
Cons
unpredictable calls.
The company is a sinking ship
Family Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2018
FYI I quit, they didn't let me go, the company is a sinking ship! They did let go of a lot of employee's recently. My co workers worked hard and it wasn't their fault they weren't getting move ins. We aren't the one's who are there to convince them to move into a community. There are new owners, they changed the move in quota. I feel like they were setting the Family Advisors up to fail. It's expensive for senior's to afford senior housing, Assisted living is three thousand a month on average. Before the new owners came, I made a good amount of move ins. After they bought bad leads, the people I would call were just on social security and only brought in maybe a thousand dollars a month. A lot of them assume they can pay for assisted living on medicaid. The managers put lots of pressure on us to preform well. They just assume it's our fault if we aren't getting qualified leads. Forget about holidays off, even if you request Thanksgiving off or Christmas time off they most likely will decline you even months notice. You will get Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day off that's it, just 3 holidays a year! I wouldn't recommend working at this company to anyone.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No job stability, not a steady income!
Avoid at all costs
Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
This was a good company with the ability to make a good salary and fulfill the social mission of the founders by truly assisting the seniors in need was a breath of fresh air. It is now a cutthroat call center. So many games daily and the result is your compensation is cut and sometimes eliminated. It is a nightmare to come to work. This company is a scam. They scam the staff and they scam the customers. Should be shut down. Stay away
Pros
Work from home
Cons
There are no pros. Not any more
It used to be great
Remote from home-Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 11, 2018
It was the best job I had ever had until the investors came in and bought the company. In my opinion they were pushing the Texas reps out because we make 4 dollars more per hour. They did this by raising our quotas by 50% and strategically (again in my opinion) filtering only the worst leads to us. Management denies this but I literally calculated the percentage of Medicaid Only leads (which would mean that we can't help them) and it was over 85% daily.This...for me.... began the day that I came back from burying my 90 year old mother so..it does seem hypocritical to me personally considering your company's whole mission is to help the families of the elderly. I understand that it is just a business move and not personal but...there is a way to go about things. I think anyone who comes on board from this point on may still make more than almost any stay at home job out there and you might really like it as I did so that is why I am not giving them less stars. I wish I was still there honestly.
Pros
Talking to families and getting to help seniors. The pay was great for a long time
Cons
New Investors and lay offs
Great to work for
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 2, 2018
Caring.com has a wonderful company culture, they pay well, whats not to like? The entire software development team is knowledgeable. They do good work, and they want you to succeed.
They don't take responsibility for their poor lead generation
Senior Living (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 12, 2018
Poor leads is often an excuse for sales people. However, having been a sales manage and knowing when leads are bad and when a sales person is not putting in the effort I can say with experience that Caring.com has poor lead generation which was constantly changing based on their marketing. The problem with that was that as a Family Advisor they heald you accountable for their lack of marketing ability. Not a fair way to judge performance. Also, incoming calls didn't count towards your metrix. Rediculous. Just because they didn't pay for that lead doesn't mean that you didn't do a great job selling them.
Pros
Work from home with a great system
Cons
Their lead generation/Marketing
Stressful and Challenging
Family Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
FA's are required to work all holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. FA's accumulate plenty of vacation days however if you use your PTO days no adjustments are made toward your monthly Move in requirement. Great to be able to work from home, however the quality of leads are low income and recycled leads which makes it difficult to hit your performance matrix expectation and FAs are blamed for low performance. When the leads are hot and you get the required move in and the commission payout can be rewarding however it difficult to consistency achieve goal every month which causes the job to be stressful and disappointing. And FAs are measured on so many categories which can cause FA's to loose money and the company still makes the revenue from communities and heath care agencies. Your manager can be nice to work for however their options have no weight with upper management.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Not a stable company to work for lots of changes constantly
Typical day
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Telecommute (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day at work would involve working through Salesforce leads and contacting Home Care agencies that may be interested in being featured on the Caring.com website. They are given a demonstration that explains the features and benefits of the website.
Absolutely unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Do not work here, pay is terrible. Horribly unprofessional and rude to employees. I quit after meeting my manager she was so demeaning and rude because I never had call center experience but loads of sales experience. Then why waste my time ?
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Pay is terrible, terrible management
Wish it was consistent.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 14, 2018
Love helping people but the calls, there are a lot of not qualified's and Voicemail's, just do not feel very productive, I think they need to weed out a lot of calls to make it fair.Need to have a better questionnaire if only certain people qualify. The people are great.
Difficult to control sales, too many obstacles out of my hands, making it difficult to reach my full salary potential
Sales Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID working remotely from homeFebruary 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Seniors, and helping families find the perfect Retirement Community for their loved ones. This included Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care (also included In-Home Care). However, the company I feel does not pay their Consultants what they deserve to make, and controlling the sale was difficult when too many things can, and did, happen to cancel the sales that I made. This ate into my income and ability to make the money that I was promised during initial interview.
Pros
Good Manager, willing to go the distance to assist
Cons
poor pay, poor hours (e.g. 1pm to 10pm at night)
exploitative of employees and seniors/their families
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
sweatshop, high turnover, unethical, manipulative on comp plans. harasses customers, push to hire offshores, inequitable pay for same position, steers leads inequitably, no holiday pay, mandatory overtime because they can't get lead purchase to match staffing capacity, excessive comp payment to non producing roles/favorites
Awesome
Senior Living Property Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 8, 2017
Great company
Great pay
Great hours
Great benefits
Great training program and support
Great commission plan
Great referral service
Great upper management team
Good inside sales job working from home
Family Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 9, 2017
Caring.com is a free senior living referral service. Family Advisors work in a call center-like environment where they field calls from customers inquiring online about senior living options. The family advisor assists seniors and families looking for assisted or independent living resources at no cost to the customer. FAs are paid a small salary and receive a bonus (commission) when someone moves into a senior community they referred. It is a very solid, tech-driven, and supportive company which is always seeking to improve. This can be a challenging position which requires good communication and sales skills as well as a lot of time in front of the computer and on the phone. But you get to work from home and you are genuinely helping seniors and families find the perfect senior living solution.
Pros
Work from home, schedule, very good managers, good benefits
Cons
Challenging to build up your pipeline and receive credit for move-ins, hard to get time off
Great to work from home
Senior Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 6, 2017
You can only work here if you don't need the money. Management does not value workers. They receive payment for every move in but will come up with a compensation plan to serve them and not pay you. Compensation plan changes every few months. I lived through 10.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Micromanage - always thinking of ways not to pay your bonus
Online job that requires exceptional listening skills; flexible schedule
Audio Transcriber (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 1, 2017
I work as a home-based, online audio transcriber of generally clear Skype calls. Availability of audios to work on is very limited - you have to fight/compete with other transcribers in order to be able to claim audios to transcribe. My direct manager is easy to work with and has been quite supportive and accommodating since Day 1. Despite said scarcity, I consistently produce the most transcripts at the end of each month and I'm always the first one to finish all tasks required of each transcriber.
Hardest part of the job is the scarcity of work, while the most enjoyable part is the flexibility of schedule and being able to work from the comfort of my own home.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule; comfort of working at home
Cons
Scarcity of audios to transcribe/work on
Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 19, 2015
Answered 100 or more inbound calls a day, Also helpdesk tickets per day. My colleagues was the best part of the job. Management started hiring out side of the office including other countries
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
Started hiering out side of the office in other states and country