Caris Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Volunteer
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2018
Proper filing and managing paperwork for patients and office

Coordinate front and back office patient flow and notify back office team of each patient’s arrival

Sets up accounts and make charts for new patients
Pros
Good experience, learned many things
Cons
worked few months
Poor Review
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 11, 2018
Think twice about Caris! If you want a career go somewhere else. Poor management that does not live up to the founders standards. The TN offices are more fair to its people. Missouri offices and locations are treat like step children,

Hated driving to TN for conferences and training. Company did not believe in flying, even at low cost.

Upper level management does to act quickly to nurses request. It seemed to be only about the money and not the patient.
Caris stays true to their values
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 20, 2018
Excellent company to work for. The leadership teams are always one phone call away! After being relocated to the Charleston Office, there were a lot of changes. The Charleston Office has come so far and we have now implemented a strong team that is family and goal-oriented. We strive for excellence! This office has a welcoming environment and we work together on ways to improve! As Administrator, I am a team player and my goal is to increase work-life balance along with growth while continuing to provide excellent care to our patients, family and referral sources. There is certainly room for growth at Caris, come join our team!
Pros
Culture, Mission, Vision, Values, Flexibility, Team-oriented, and Family-oriented
Cons
Competitive Market Area
I love the Charleston office!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 20, 2018
The Charleston office is a family! I've worked in this office for over 2 years and I love the people I work with. Even corporate members who visit our office can tell that we all work well together and the atmosphere here is one of the best in the company. The management in our local office is amazing and truly one of the reasons that I have stayed here so long. Our Admin is always looking for ways to help everyone else in the office; she is kind, committed, and someone that you are proud to work for!
Horrible place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 13, 2018
This company is very much below par. Each year the expectations and on call schedule got worse. Corporate acts like they care but they really could careless. They watch you drown as you work 60+ hours a week, not to mention on call. No one is willing to help and teamwork is thrown out the window. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
all the work hours you want
Cons
high turnover rate, high stress
Great Hospice
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 14, 2018
Caris is a great place to work. When I was hired my office had the best Admin. Since the upper management changes things haven't been so good. Regional as well as other manger roles have all changed since I was hired 4 yrs ago. I am hoping that they can get back on track. The company is a awesome place to work.
Caris Healthcare
Hospice Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  TNApril 14, 2018
Mangement has unreasonable expectations for staff. Nurses run ragged, meetings are constant, marketers pay for their own supplies ($600 per month) and wait a month to be reimbursed. Territories are huge, 7+ counties in all offices and company does not pay the state rate for mileage reimbursement. Company constantly states they strive to be world class, but constant pressure and fear mongering of employees says differently.
Great Experience
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2018
I worked as a volunteer for Caris Healthcare. It was an excellent opportunity to get experience in the hospice care field and I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
Stay Away
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 16, 2018
I have several years experience in hospice and at the start this company appeared to have policies in place to be a great work experience. This turned out to be an extremely hostile work environment with absolutely no management support, no back up, no availability for time off and lack of sufficient staffing despite written policy. I’ve never worked for a more dishonest person in my life. And in hospice!! If you value ethics, honesty and doing the right thing then this is not the place to work. What they say vs what actually takes place are two very different things. Beware!
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
An excellent team that focuses on Patient and Family Care
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the other employees and volunteers. We have a great team and feel supported by our regional team. I feel it is a good environment to be in for a person that is motivated but also enjoys caring for people who are sick. The team really focuses on patient and family care.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Team Environment
RUN- do NOT work for this company!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNFebruary 26, 2018
Great patients, but schedule and on call requirements are AWFUL. You will NOT have any work life balance. HORRIBLE place to work- find someone who has worked for them and talk to them- all will tell you the same thing!
Pros
autonomy
Cons
long hours, lots of on call work, bad management
Nurses are just minions
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 22, 2018
Work/life balance; micromanagement; the charting is so ridiculous like all the previous responses. Double and triple charting and then write up a note about that too, also, inefficient is an understatement regarding their charting system. Over the top, unrealistical expectations for the nurse-minions. I've worked in large hospitals/corporations that cared more about their nurses than this company. Management will often say "we appreciate you" but it's very superficial in attempts to get you to work more hours.
Pros
You'll have plenty of hours, bc they're always short staffed
Cons
All of the above
more concerned with census than if pt was appropriate
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37931February 19, 2018
corporate pushed census over appropriate patients, owner has a beautiful dream but is blissfully unaware of what those under him are doing, could have been a dream job, as with all hospice work home/work balance is non existent
Excellent company
Assist users (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
The company was an excellent place to work, and the people I worked with were great to work with. I would not have left but for the lack of available work.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 1, 2018
Working for the overall company was wonderful. The staff are very friendly, and accepting. The company offers a lot for their patients. Working their was wonderful
Not a good company to work for!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJanuary 26, 2018
I worked for Lenoir City office administrator is a bully very negative bout employess jobs never anything positive was very hard to not being so negative when in the office because administrator more worried bout saving money then appreciating an never looked at positive things that employess do but when you have never worked as a nurse or nurses aide you have no clue what the field is like .As far as Caris itself they need to pay nurses aides more money were the backbone for these nurses an facilities that are lacking help now because they need to realize the aides are underpaid .And ive never worked for a place where your administrator talks bad about employess to other employees so unprofessional when you work as a team you always got each others backs so very unprofessional administrator.
Unprofessional and lazy patient care manager
Assistant patient care manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJanuary 20, 2018
Very poor experience! Manager spent all day on Facebook so first few weeks just didn’t have time to spend training. Very poor and negative attitude, not receptive to new ideas,suggestions or change, very defensive and insecure! Office staff not trustworthy and talk about other employees. Holidays are not paid for when office closes ETO must be used. Job description not fully explained up front( again from this poor manager). Too many meetings. Worst job I think I’ve ever had!
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Patient care manager
Long hours.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 6, 2018
Being on call is a nightmare. You are required to see patients, do after hours admissions, and be on call all night. Then get up the next morning if you even get to go to bed and see patients all day! Too much for one person to do alone. Management does not care for employees at all. It’s all about the money for them. I love the patients but that’s the only positive about the job.
Pros
Patients
Cons
High case load, on call, long hours, favoritism for certain employees
Too many meetings and confrence calls
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2017
This company cares for their patients. And so did I. However, they had 2 confrence calls per day and monthy meetings. And cna's were required to be on call 2 a month. Your evening was interrupted all through the night. Great company with caring co-workers. But they send you to facilites or homes to care for patients.and if your new the other cnas can ask management to give you their undesirable patients. They brought in a cna from another county as prn and she raked in the $$$ for her mileage and hours..not fair to us. They gave everyone company i phones so they can track where you are at all times..
Pros
Catered breakfast at monthly meeting
Cons
Being on call 2 a month
Collaborative enviroment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 27, 2017
Great team of people. Amazing hearts with a passion for helping others during the most difficult time of their lives. Daily case load was very doable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caris Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight