Caris Life Sciences Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fun
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 1, 2018
Caris was bought by a Japanese company, Miraca, and they released their coding staff. Otherwise, I would have stayed at Caris forever. Great job and staff.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
overtime
Micro managed to death. Managers don't know what they're doing,Unfair/unethical practices & favoritism!
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2018
High manager turnaround. Supervisors just puppets that don't know what they're doing and have no authority to do anything. Micro-managed to death (cannot do anything without running it by supervisor first). Management team doesn't do their due diligence and research anything, so quick to push things through when they learn something new only to have to go back and play cleanup. No room for advancement; was told numerous times "no process in place" for promotion by different managers, then when a lead position opened up, didn't open it to all employees, manager just put someone there, (even though this individual hadn’t been with the company as long or earn any Caris specific A&B (above & beyond) awards, or have professional certifications, or education. Forget about taking maternity leave! You’ll come back to be terminated (within a month) or demoted (because there isn’t a process to promote, but there certainly is a process to demote). Cliquish atmosphere. Unfair/unethical practices & favoritism! Some people are allowed flexible schedules because of school & some are not, some people can work from home and others cannot, some people are invited to special training classes and others are not. Lack of communication, you’re kept in the dark and managers develop animosity towards you if you ask questions.
Pros
Health insurance, hours
Cons
Managers, no room for advancment
Not very challenging
Lead Scientific Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85042February 9, 2018
Days were inconsistent, work was hit or miss. Needed a bit more direction and focus to make it a great job. The organization did not seem to know where it was going or wanting to go.
Pros
very nice people and comfortable environment
Cons
inconsistent work
Great enjoyable place to work
Medical Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 15, 2017
Caris Life Sciences was my overall favorite place I have ever worked. The people were great, the management was great. There was not any hard part of the job until the part I work was sold. The most enjoyable part of the job (while it was still located in Garland) was the people and the management.
Pros
great benefits, great people, fair place
Cons
No longer exists as it was
Productive work environment
Payer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
Online searches and phone calls to insurance companies for payment information on patients accounts. Adjusting off co-pays, co-share, deductibles and uncovered services and gathering payment information.
Pros
Nice People
Strong enviorment
Specimen Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2017
Working here was a delight while it lasted, the workflow unfortunately changes constantly and there are occasional lay offs. Some departments are often short staffed but other than that I would recommend working here
Quiet enviroment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2017
Overall its a great company, but there was no room to grow. The management had a very close inner circle where they only did things themselves and never attempted to do things for the team. I am a strong believer in developing and growing your people in order to grow a company
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micro Management
Tough for Dallas employees
Revenue Management - Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2017
There seems to be an overall strategy to have all employees in Phoenix rather than Dallas. This limits opportunities if you are currently in Dallas. Micro-management is driving me away.
Cash Applications Rep II
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 30, 2017
Specialty Medical Laboratory - Received payment from customer, physician, and insurance and applied to correct account. Also handled all correspondence for the medical billing department and correctly relayed important information to correct recipient.
Pros
Excellent Salary for not having a bachelors
Cons
Commute
good people, good company
Sales Director, Oncology, Pacific NW (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2017
A company that cares about its service and doctors and patients. A leader among it's competition and a true advocate for all oncology clinicians and patients.
Growth Focused Company
Supervisor Client Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 2, 2017
The companies focus is sales first, existing clients second. IT resources would be pulled from helping a current client if there was an opportunity to get new business.
Pros
Free Coffee, well paid
Cons
Long work days, not a friendly place to work
Great Benefits and Pay
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Caris Life Sciences is an industry leader in precision medicine and cancer molecular profiling. company that cares about the industry and offers competitive benefits and pay.
A Company I Believe IN
Group Lead Coding Department (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 8, 2016
Caris was a wonderful company. My day would start with a motivational quote written on the dry erase board. I would greet all of the employees I oversaw. I met with management team daily in meetings and discussed needs and successes of the department. Keeping employees motivated to be productive with quality work was a challenge but I involved them in day to day decisions as much as I could, kept their jobs as streamlined and efficient as possible and addressed problems promptly. I enjoyed the challenge of directing and influencing employees with a positive outlook and seeing them respond to my leadership skills. I attended classes and read books constantly about leadership, my favorite author is John Maxwell.
Pros
Salary, benefits, location
Cons
End of the month long hours for billing departments always
Amazing Technology, Questionable Practices
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2016
I was very excited to be working for a company that extends the lives of otherwise terminally ill patients however theres something not quite right about the management there. There are "cliques" all throughout the company and if you ever questioned or "challenged" anyone in those groups you were "picked on" until you become compliant again.
Pros
Compensation
Exciting R&D
Regulatory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Exciting R&D on the forefront of using state of the art biotechnology to help in the indentification of cancer/cancer type and to help deduce the appropriate treatment for ultimate positive outcomes.
Overall the company seemed to be pretty good.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2016
The department I worked in had to be by for the worst department because of Management. Management had absolutely no leadership skills or people skills. You can't manage people by turning people against each other or by making people seem as if they have to compete with each other. Everybody should do just that work as a team and function as a team. We're all there to serve one purpose.
Pros
The hours, benefits, and pay
Cons
Horrible Management and Horrible Human Resources
Productive and great place to work
Healthcare Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Garand, TXOctober 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Caris Life Science. The people were great and very helpful in all aspects of the job. The management was supportive and there to listen to what needed to be improved on if anything.
Caris makes a difference in lives
Billing Representative III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Caris Life Sciences is always trying to better the life of the patient and for that I'm impressed. I have been through a lot of changes during my employment with Caris i.e. management and system changes quite often but each change seems to add benefits to the business.
Pros
excellent insurance
Cons
lack of communication with upper management
Fast pace, Constantly changing
R&D Supervisor & Associate Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2015
Company goals and project priortites change at a very rapid pace
Dynamic and fast paced
Latest platforms and lot of opportunities for technical development for beginners
Start up company with room for over all improvement
This was a contract position
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2014
Employment at Caris LS was a learning experience for me....the Medical field was new.