Caris Life Sciences Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2019
They don’t follow through with anything they promise when they offer you a job. Average employee will be there for three years and then they’ll find a reason to get rid of you when you start questioning why you haven’t gotten a raise or bonus as promised.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
High turnover
Revenue operation specialist
Revenue Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2019
They hire people with 0 experience in billing. They micro manage you with everything you do. Your able to listen to podcast and cant switch station because they will write you up for phone use. They monitor everything you do and when you do what you think you should, by emailing supervisor, they view it as you need someone to hold your hand and unable to do job independently. When you ask for clarification, they answer with a run around instead of clear instructions on how they want you to handle discrepancies. Training for eligibility will start with papers of misleading and WRONG training. Keep all documents to back you in your first one on one meeting. Then you will be re trained. They will doc you for ever mistake you make before training is over. The chain of command consist with supervisors managers and leads that have known eachother for 9 plus years even from another company. The team will consist of employees that knew supervisors for 9 plus years from a previous employer as well. Everyone's mother, wife, husband, or sister works at caris. Definitely family employed. If someone makes the same mistake as you and its is seen by supervisor, the supervisor will ignore it because that is Jane doe husband. When your boggled down and trying to stay above water and reach out to get help from management, they will reply with horrible response. What a team right? Any question or mistake you make they make you feel worthless with no job security. Pay is great, benefits are better. Stress of the job is horrible. If you land the position, I hope you have experience with billing.  more... Remember to not expect any word of mouth type of appreciation or acknowledgement. You see that on your check though. You do get bonuses for not making mistakes and goal Hitting. When it comes to word of mouth criticism, they will have no shame of doing so. It's always a beat down not a coach through. Good luck.  less
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Managment, employees, team
They are snakes in the grass
Claims Submission Rep III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2019
I love the company when I first started it was great! Then the management changed and it went down hill from there. Our manager and supervisor quit. So they put a new supervisor and manager that didnt know what was going on. They are seat fillers is what I call them. Our new supervisor had no prior health care experience before this job. She was promoted because she was there longer. She would ask us questions how to do our job. Which she should know if she is going to be our leader right? He and the new manager are BFf's they plotted to get alot of people fired. As soon as my FMLA expired I was out the door as well as my whole team!
Pros
Pay, Bonuses, free lunch and my coworkers
Cons
The new management suck !
Communication/Management Issues
Analyst (Former Employee) –  LabMarch 31, 2019
Company consistently changing out executive/C-suite members, creates confusion and lacks clear vision. No consistent roadmap for future of company/employees
Unstable
SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2019
Unstable workplace, job security depends on if their latest R&D was successful, if not they froze hiring and expected everyone else to pick up the slack.
Fast growing, collaborative place to work
Regional Vice President, Southeastern U.S (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
Typical day included traveling with sales team members, visiting clients and prospects, conference calls with other managers and Sr Leadership, sales planning (pipeline review), coaching/training of sales people. Learned to lead by example, mentor strong performers, hold weaker performers accountable after coaching/developing. Learned to report progress and sales information in appropriate formats for each particular Sr Mgr. Culture was fantastic; very collaborative with other managers, sharing of best practices, lots of fun and play as well. Hardest part of job was working for a mercurial senior leader that held us accountable but didn't offer a lot of vision or consistency. Most enjoyable part was the travel to call on prospects and existing clients with team-members. Learned a lot from my top performers that I was able to share with team members that needed more development
Pros
collaboration, travel, salary
Cons
difficult supervisor, competitive market without a lot of tools
no work life balance
conf (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX,February 27, 2019
80 hours a week? sure go ahead.

finding management on the weekends when you're forced to work is not going to happen.

Not is even the slightest level of "thanks"
Great Place to Work
Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Caris was a great place to work, I have not worked there in a few years but during my time we had a great team. We all worked very well together, it was like having a bonus family.
Do not apply for an account manager position unless you have current experience as an account manager
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington DC metro areaJanuary 4, 2019
I was told by multiple sources that they hire registered nurses as account managers, but this is not true. Do not waste your time interviewing because you will shoot yourself in the foot if you're not a current account manager.
average of 10-12 hour workdays
Manager, Events & Trade Shows (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2018
This is a family owned and operated business therefore I wouldn't recommend leaving a job for this company. Great offices and location. Lots of turnover in the organization.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Turnover
Don’t keep promises
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
They have not held to the promises when I was hired. I was told there would be bonuses and a significant raise after the probation period. Neither has occurred in three years.
My experience
Payer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
To work here you need to be adaptable as people and processes change constantly. Managers don't really have good communication with team members. They don't train everyone the same.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Managers, communication
AR Billing Management is Incompetent
AR Billing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 27, 2018
But that's what upper management gets when they hire people who have zero experience in billing. Good place to work as long as you stick to your own click and don't make any waves. As an employee you are not valued. The pay and compensation is good but management is so poor and inexperienced. Unless you are a fake it to make it type of employee, you wont be happy here. To get along in the billing department you must be able to do exactly what your inexperienced manager tells you, even if you know it is wrong and a complete waste of time.
Caris would really benefit by contracting with a billing company to do it for them. They have already lost so much money because of bad management procedures and policies.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very ignorant management
Great starter career
HR Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 21, 2018
Overall Caris was a good place to work and a great career starter job. I had a good manager so I was able to learn a lot and take on advanced tasks.The culture was pretty good. They care about the wellness of their employees and their benefits reflect it. There was a fitness center in the building. The hardest part of the job was not being paid much. The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to meet many new people and getting a chance to better people's lives daily.
Pros
fitness center, great benefits
Cons
compensation; job security
productive and fun
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 1, 2018
Caris was bought by a Japanese company, Miraca, and they released their coding staff. Otherwise, I would have stayed at Caris forever. Great job and staff.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
overtime
Micro managed to death. Managers don't know what they're doing,Unfair/unethical practices & favoritism!
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2018
High manager turnaround. Supervisors just puppets that don't know what they're doing and have no authority to do anything. Micro-managed to death (cannot do anything without running it by supervisor first). Management team doesn't do their due diligence and research anything, so quick to push things through when they learn something new only to have to go back and play cleanup. No room for advancement; was told numerous times "no process in place" for promotion by different managers, then when a lead position opened up, didn't open it to all employees, manager just put someone there, (even though this individual hadn’t been with the company as long or earn any Caris specific A&B (above & beyond) awards, or have professional certifications, or education. Forget about taking maternity leave! You’ll come back to be terminated (within a month) or demoted (because there isn’t a process to promote, but there certainly is a process to demote). Cliquish atmosphere. Unfair/unethical practices & favoritism! Some people are allowed flexible schedules because of school & some are not, some people can work from home and others cannot, some people are invited to special training classes and others are not. Lack of communication, you’re kept in the dark and managers develop animosity towards you if you ask questions.
Pros
Health insurance, hours
Cons
Managers, no room for advancment
Not very challenging
Lead Scientific Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85042February 9, 2018
Days were inconsistent, work was hit or miss. Needed a bit more direction and focus to make it a great job. The organization did not seem to know where it was going or wanting to go.
Pros
very nice people and comfortable environment
Cons
inconsistent work
Great enjoyable place to work
Medical Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 15, 2017
Caris Life Sciences was my overall favorite place I have ever worked. The people were great, the management was great. There was not any hard part of the job until the part I work was sold. The most enjoyable part of the job (while it was still located in Garland) was the people and the management.
Pros
great benefits, great people, fair place
Cons
No longer exists as it was
Productive work environment
Payer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
Online searches and phone calls to insurance companies for payment information on patients accounts. Adjusting off co-pays, co-share, deductibles and uncovered services and gathering payment information.
Pros
Nice People
Strong enviorment
Specimen Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2017
Working here was a delight while it lasted, the workflow unfortunately changes constantly and there are occasional lay offs. Some departments are often short staffed but other than that I would recommend working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caris Life Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Caris Life Sciences Reviews by Location