Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Found 1,838 reviews matching the search See all 2,255 reviews
Productive and fun environment to work in
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great team members. They train you very well to become a an excellent member of the team. The atmosphere is very positive and you can joke around with members of your team while making your costumers happy. Food is carefully prepared just the way you like it.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Can get hot
horrible service i have seen
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Payson, AZJuly 16, 2018
More workers paid better less turn over more professional management less stress better shift leadership and more acknowledgement and appreciate things more
It was a productive work place good environment to start learning about excellent customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 15, 2018
I believe working at Carl's Jr taught me much more than just how to take orders they teach you what it's like to work under pressure and work hard. It is a great first job to have a great place to work and eat and a amazing place for experiences.
Pros
Meet new people, Learn new things, good discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 15, 2018
Everything was disorganized, The store closed down and told everyone the day before. No time to find another job. Managers were not qualified. No one would do their job.
Pros
good hours
working at carls jr
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 14, 2018
busy, meeting new people, working hard. good customer service, great team work, the hardest part of the job was mixing milkshakes and it splattering everywhere. other than that i loved working there. i loved working there because it was good meeting new faces and eating fries in between. manager wasnt that strict. even going home with free food at the end of the night(food that nobody wanted).
Pros
free fries, discounted burgers, discounted meals, good pay biweekly
Cons
mixing shakes
good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, NMJuly 13, 2018
i enjoyed working at Carls Jr. the best part of the job was that we were allowed a 50% discount on food during our shift. the manager always posted the schedule on time and communicated any changes to the crew.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
no benefits
Not bad for a fast food restaurant
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
As long as everyone stays on task it's a pleasant place to work, but there are always those difficult few that don't like to look for things to do when it gets slow and that upsets the manager which makes it worse for everyone else.
Pros
1/2-price meal each shift and 20% discount any other time for self and family, conveniently located
Cons
could have paid a little better, some coworkers made it difficult sometimes, boring when it gets slow
Fun job
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 12, 2018
Working at Carl's Jr gave me experience in fast paced and multitasking. It also helped me to talk to customers. It was pretty hard when it would get packed because it was just two of us in the front but I made it through and end up liking working in fast paced.
Not worth the pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2018
Worked as a shift leader for 3+ years. Pay wasn't enough for level of stress. General Manager and District manager can care less. Cooworkers (Cashiers, cooks) can care less about helping you lead a shift. It ends up being you that tries your best and everything that goes wrong still falls back on you.
A great entry level job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 10, 2018
Working at Carls Jr was a great experience for learning customer service as well as learning to work in a fast paced environment. Job advancement is awork in progress.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy working here. Scheduling can be difficult and depending on productivity, sometimes it can get slow and labor gets high and hours are cut. Even part time hours are cut. If hours were a bit more consistent, I would feel more comfortable.
Workplace
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORJuly 6, 2018
Carl's Jr is a great place to work with good customer service. I learned many things working here, I have developed more people skills and can solve a problem by myself or with the help of a team. I have become a great leader and play an important role in my crew members. The hardest part of this job was to come head to head with customers who didn't want to understand our work policies.
Pros
20% family discount
benefits
Relaxed energy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJuly 6, 2018
Overall outstanding. Great place to work. Fun people good environment..pay is outstanding. Work environment is outstanding. Looking to relocate for a job
very energetic place to work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
a typical day at work consist of cleaning, taking orders, restocking, taking orders in the window, closing, having good work ethics with a smile and a positive attitude.
Pros
discounts
Cons
breaks are short
I worked for this company for many years and unfortunately the quality of working there declined
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 5, 2018
I worked for Carls Jr for a very long time. I loved working for the company and had been taken care of appropriately based of my skill and dedication to the company I worked for. I worked often as an acting GM based off of my skill set and experience in a number of stores when I was needed. I unfortunately ended up on medical leave for 2 years and when I returned to work with Carls Jr it felt as if I was working for a completely different company.I think it is best I take my hard work and skills to a company that will put it to good use.
excelente ambiente de trabajo
Gerente General (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZJuly 4, 2018
Es una compañía dónde te dan la oportunidad de aprender y crecer
Last resort place
Cook/Backline (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 3, 2018
The place can be fun but not everyone does their work as they are supposed to. Only a select few actually do their job, but they don't get recognition
Easy, fast paced. Excellent first job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 2, 2018
This job was super fun to learn. It was fast paced as well as slow on days. So some days you have a chance to really advance yourself. Management is great and will always try to work with you regarding your work schedule and your personal life.
Quick paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 2, 2018
Working at Carl's help me to realize that fast food is the gate way to better jobs you just gotta work for them working for Carl's was a great experience it gave my the cash handling skills I have today
Horrible Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 1, 2018
I worked at a Carl's Jr. that was a franchise, which means that the prices and deals differed in comparison with corporate owned stores. This company was absolutely horrible to work for, the management was awful. This may sound harsh and over exaggerated but we didn't get paid double for holidays, only for Christmas. Also we were severely understaffed for the night shifts and the morning shift would not do prep and they would not clean. So we (the people who worked the night shift) had to take care of their responsibilities and our own, but with less people. The general manger did not know how to order the correct amount of supplies so every week we did not have napkins, spray cleaner, sauce, milk, ice cream, beans (it is also a Green Burrito Restaurant), taquitos, and at times we have run out of french-fries. The manager was told several times by several different employees about the lack of team work and responsibility by the morning shift, but the problem was left unresolved and uncared for.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, Management, and Enviornment