Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Found 2,196 reviews matching the search See all 2,686 reviews
Productive, fun place to work with, lunch discounts
Cook (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 20, 2019
It was a fun place to work for me as a high school students, I was enjoying getting to know the work force and preparing myself for future jobs. The staff were very friendly with me, and the manager was very straightforward and gave me feedback that would make me a better employee. However, as a high school student, I only received a limited salary per month--not enough to maintain a living.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Low Salary
Fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2019
Fun and interesting. Learned new and fun things. Teaches you great work ethic. Allows you to connect with people. Great job for students. Allows you to grow in management.
Not worth working for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 20, 2019
As my experience goes I have been with the company for over a month and I am only getting 12 hours every 2 weeks the management is not running the store how it should be ran the scheduling is not proper for store hours and for the busy times at the store is slammed Management has made excuses for not having enough hours due to hiring more employees than she has hours I was told I was going to be working part time hours I have been there for over a month and I am still getting less than part time hours management at Carl's junior store number 104 has not been good I have seen management be on their phones playing games making videos when a manager complains that they're not getting enough hours the current manager at store 104 gives them hours and neglec's the hours of the other employees So depending on management yes it's a good place to work but if you are an Oxnard California and you go to a Carl's junior and the store manager is named Norma do not waste your time This my sound like it is a personal vendetta it is not I have had many other jobs I have been in management and I've had to help other managers based on my experience my work experience and my past experiences I am writing this review to expose the truth of what has happened at my job location this is not a personal vendetta this is strictly a review about the store and most importantly the store manager
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Management, staffing, hours scheduled, pay rate and benefits
worst place ever
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 20, 2019
if your not mexican your gonna be doing the most worker and the most disgusting jobs. the shift leaders there made everybody do the work and didn't do anything.
Fast-Paced Work Enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CA 90250February 20, 2019
Fast-Paced, alot of customer service and sanitation
How to properly operate a cash register
Very strict management
Working through the lunch period
Seeing smiles on customers faces
Work environment
Manager/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Buttonwillow, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Usually a load of work for night crew like myself. Management neglects to fix store problems. Many other employees do not help as much as others. most of the time the store in understaffed. New hires are not given as much as an opportunity.
Pros
security
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, understaffed, management is not so flexible with your schedule
Hambiente de trabajo agradable y accesible a diferentes turnos.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Carls' Jr es una empresa que goza de buena reputaciónen su menúque ofrecen a los consumidores, siempre inovando una mejor gama de calidad de productos. Estoy agradecidacon la empresapor la oportunidadque se me otorgo hace tiempopara trabajar y me gustaria reincorporarme a trabajar en ella. Gracias.
Teaches you how to work in a fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 17, 2019
Have To be quick & always on time always have a good attitude with customers. Never be short on the register your assigned to. Always wear non slipping shoes.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
If you want to actually go some where in life, dont start here.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAFebruary 16, 2019
So for starters, i was told by a co worker to keep my time off slips and for good reason. My manager was shaving 5 + hours off my check every pay period.
You no longer get a good discount working anymore, only 20 percent.
Its sad that with coupons you get a better deal then the employee discount.
I feel like if we had a better manager our store would thrive.
But because we have someone who is ill equipped nothing gets ordered properly, were constantly running out of things, and the timer for drive thru...
Dont even get me started.

Just forwarning you, if your above the age of like 20... This aint it cheif.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
It’s ok but lately it has become very hard to work there
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJFebruary 15, 2019
It’s not a very bad place but it lacks organization. A lot of crew members don’t do their jobs properly and there is constant conflict between crew members and management
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No home life
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I would come in and it was great, you start by cleaning your station, count the money for your register, restocked everything at the salad bar, Met some good people fun to work with and get along, The hardest part was lunch time and evening rush, Management was great fun to work with learned a lot from him over the years, Learned how to do cash drops, Dealt with crazy hungry costumers and make some good food.
Pros
Discounts for food
Management needs improvement and more training.
N Davis Rd. - Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 13, 2019
It was my first job and the first 2 years I really loved but once management changed it all went downhill from there. New manager was not up to par with the previous and did not fulfill the role of a manager correctly. countless complains were made but no one ever did anything.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Terrible Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I was a crew member at the Carl's Jr. in Houston. The GM didnt listen to his employees and the under management was just as bad if not worse. The whole reason I left was because of management and how they berated the employees. You can't treat your employees like garbage and expect them to stay, and if anyone speaks up about it they get treated even worse with no repercussions.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
literally everything else
Good work
Lead Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Never worked at fast food it was good work pretty chill relaxing once I got to the point we're I knew alot and got ahold of the work and how to work in a fast paced inviroment
Fast paced
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDFebruary 11, 2019
The hours were not good and i didnt make enough money on my checks i didnt recieve any benefits. It was a place wherer you would advance if you wanted to the opportunity was there
Pros
fast paced
Cons
Bad hours low pay no benefits
poor work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 11, 2019
i didnt like the manager and half the staff, they were rude and inconsiderate, poor customer service and staff members were always late. people would goof off if they had the chance.
Decent starter job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 9, 2019
Fast paced work environment. Need to be able to multi task. Job will teach you customer service skills along with money handling, cleanliness, inventory management.There's opportunity to advance from crew person to shift leader. Shift leader position can be incredibly stressful. That's about as far as you'll get unless you're lucky and a GM position opens up. As far as pay and raises. Was minimal. But as a 19 yr old it didn't matter much at the time. Raises depend on your GM. 1 GM gave them annually. Others not at all or not until you asked for one. And they ranged from 10¢ to 25¢ unless you took a crew trainer or shift leader position. Job is good for a teenager or someone starting their first job. You'll learn how rude people can be but also how nice they can be as well. Def not a job to keep for a long time. Hard to call in sick and even harder to take vacations.
Pros
Good starter job, benefits, discount on food
Cons
No work life balance, no raise, no real advancement after shift leader, often worked long hrs
Slow - paced, inconsistant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 8, 2019
I have learned that the fast food industry is very sloppy but does teach a valuable lesson if earning an honest dollar and humbles ones personality. The manage management could be very unorganized and works accordingly to ones schedule regardless of requested time off or sick leave. Hardest part of the job is that sometimes no matter how well or how proactive one could be being praised is not an option within the hierarchy of the company. The most enjoyable part of it is meeting new people who work as a team and understand everyday challenges and having an open mind.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hostile work environment
Fast paced workplace with something to do at all times always busy while your on the clock.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2019
A very fastpaced work environment and very busy most times it would be very slow to very busy working very quickly.Communication is key with a place like this but most of times theres a lot of miscommunication.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Bad work conditions
Its fast food but better quality
Cashier/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Depending on the location, many GMs train well. Others it is hit and miss. Big menu which could be hard to memorize sometimes. DMs sometimes push too much and can stress out the team.