Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

fun place with the right people
Cashier/Cook and closing procedures (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95118April 7, 2018
the job is of course a starter job; you get discounts on meals have health insurance and you get to meet people. but the location i worked at had a ton of management issues. For one they honsetky didnt care about much going on in the store, they were the ones fooling around too. The owner of the resturant and district manager had also ''fixed'' schedules in a way where they wouldnt have to pay their employees overtime if they had gone past the 40 hours.
Fast & busy working pase
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAApril 7, 2018
It was a good first job fast food can just be stressful at times. You have to be a good multitasker & know how to handle the rude customer & meet their needs
Pros
50% discount on the clock
Cons
Slow service
It’s a good place to work at its fair
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 6, 2018
Real good job the only thing is management was not the best but other that you get alan t of customer service. They will work with your schedule to your needs
Basic fast food job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAApril 5, 2018
What can I say? If you have worked fast food you have worked here. Any job that is paying you deserves respect. My experience was ordinary nothing much to report.
Great Starter Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDApril 4, 2018
Good job for teenagers who need a job to start off in. Carl's Jr does not pay you fairly for the amount of work they expect managers to do. I was a shift leader, so the manager below the assistant, and I was making just of $9 an hour and working a scheduled 45-50 hours a week.
Stay away or run if you’re already there!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2018
They limit your hours to keep from having to provide benefits. Shift Leader: only got 50 cents over minimum wage. Worst job I’ve ever had. Dirty, nasty, and can be dangerous. Even with non slip shoes and mopping floor was still slippery.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No benefits, pay was horrible, limit your hours.
good stepping stone
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 3, 2018
it's a good stepping stone to gain a lot of customer experience and working in a fast paced environment. also allows you to work your way up in the company
Pros
good stepping stone
Cons
rude people
It was cool I guess
Shift Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 3, 2018
I've worked there more than once. And both times was cool. I ended up getting promoted to shift leader which was awesome. But the work there is stressful. You have to do more work then what your supposed to even as a cashier..
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin txApril 2, 2018
Manager wasn’t training correctly or helping during lunch rush they would sit on thier phone and talk to family and friends while regular employees struggle
great place to work as a young adult
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 2, 2018
great place to work as a student or second job but not as a career , the pay will not cover the cost of living and its long hours in a greasy environment
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COApril 1, 2018
I would have to set up the store for the day. Count money and drawers. Some days there would be employees not show up to work so had to do work of more than one person and run the entire store alone.
Fast pace
Cashier/ team member (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 31, 2018
The experience you gain on the job is necessary if your looking for advancement in food preparation or kitchen experience for restaurants or retirement company's
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
One break
very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 29, 2018
great work crew, fast paced work environment, pretty laid back, great customers, very fun work place, would definitely recommend more people to consider working there.
fast paced and competative
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Alamo, TXMarch 29, 2018
Very competitive as you have to compete with other stores. Many customers so you have to learn how to multitask. Communication skills as you have to inform the customer what is inside the food and be able to take their order effectively.
Pros
50% off your meal
Cons
good breaks
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2018
It was an okay job. I was 17 and it was my first job. Now I see why fast-food is always deemed the "first job" and why its the worst type of job you can have. People, ESPECIALLY MANAGEMENT, try to talk to you like they're crazy.
It was an overrated Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2018
A day working at Carl's Jr is it starts off very slows and then sometimes it gets busy but for the most part it was very slow so we often got sent home early. This job showed me how to be more patient with really hard customers. The work culture was a mixture of all people, Management was sometimes good but also sometimes not so great but we work through the hardships that came along with the Job.There wasn't really any enjoyable moments, we never had anything special happen.
Pros
learned a lot as a managment
Cons
not being acknowledgment for all the hard work we put in as management
Good
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 24, 2018
Working at Carl's Jr was a good job i loved just wish it paid more so i could maintain throughout my life. typical day would be fast pace very high energy. I loved my manger Maria culture was great you could learn from the different people. Hardest part would be making a customer not happy with there meal. placeing a smile on the customer face.
Cashier/Shift leader
Crew Member/ Cashier / Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2018
In this job I would do a little of everything.
* Greet customers
* Count Money
* Get orders
* Cook
I did a lot of customer service.
I enjoyed this job a lot.
I stopped working in December 2017 because I was going to start my externship for Medical Assistant.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 24, 2018
Learned how to do multiple things at once. A typical work day included counting my drawer, up-selling new products, making sure he customers orders were correct and that they are satisfied with their experience here.
Pros
discounts
Good food , nice costomers , simple job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 24, 2018
My first job after high school was carls jr. I was happy only because I met nice people directions on how to do things where simple and I loved meeting new people everyday.