Carl Zeiss Vision Employee Reviews

Zeiss Corp. structure is good and has a strong brand
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 5, 2018
Early career with Zeiss was a very good experience, new and interesting, people were great and helpful.

Recent changes in management and local politics have increasingly deteriorated and has created uncertainty.
Overall, a decent place to work
Equipment Technician/Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 16, 2018
It's a fast pace job that requires attentiveness to detail. Some days, the company felt like family. Other days, the place felt like it as eating itself from the inside.
Management out of touch
Go-to-Market and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Digo, CADecember 28, 2017
The regular people are good but management is out of touch and will do anything to cut costs rather than show loyalty to those who work so hard. Some do nothing and are still around which is frustrating.
Pros
Decent pay, good location, interesting work
Cons
Cold management, struggling industry, no job security
Summary
Manager Technical Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 20, 2017
Cool place to work with advancement opportunity if you apply yourself. My direct boss was amazing and he moved up in the company and the new director that took his place that was awful. Overall the company was fun to work for and the job was challenging. The people were great too. I had a great team and people that were trying to help me succeed. Got to travel and see places I never thought I would see in my life time. Only major other major issue besides the new boss was the pay was kinda low for the responsibilities I had. When you come into the company get what you want up front because its hard to recover what you should make down the road.
Great company to work for
Custoemr Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 23, 2017
Enter lens order into the order entry system

A lot about eye glass lenses that I never knew

Work with a lot of good people that I still remain friends with to this day
Very nice company
Key Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2017
I did feel very welcomed here at this company as they trained me thoroughly and they paid a lot of attention to detail. I am happy to say i have worked for them.
Pros
Lunch hour and breaks. benefits.
Cons
short breaks
Good
customer support (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048June 13, 2017
It is overall a good company to work for. I feel that there are a few areas that do need improvement & there are a few people within management that need reviewed.
Great and forward thinking company
Key Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 11, 2017
I worked for the company when Zeiss purchased our company. The enhancements they made were exciting and creative. Marketing at the time made some big errors.
Good place to start learning some technical skills.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 20, 2017
The environment was overall pretty friendly. It was a great place to start learning some technical skills that I could take with me and use at other companies.
Good place to grow
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
I was given opportunities for advancement and they gave me the tools to strive. Great training program and Junior Leadership Program for managers. Good for young professionals to grow
Pros
Greta training
Cons
travel was excessive
Great company
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Zeiss was a great place to learn about and excel in a sales position. They provide great internal training and are focused on continuous success for all employees. Very demanding environment but overall great company to work for.
Cold Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 29, 2016
Local labs are what makes the company great and their employees work hard. Too many departments competing against each other at corporate level and not communicating makes for redundant work and frustration. Many great salespeople with account loyalties have been let go or left, taking business with them. Truly talented employees are overlooked for promotion because upper management does not take time to truly recognize and develop them. No clear direction for future and employees worry about losing their jobs.
Pros
compensation and benefits are great, so people stay
Cons
no advancement, uncertain future
Carl Zeiss Vision
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2016
We had down sized to the point our dept was overwhelmed. The coworkers were great we all rallied together to support each other, we all had double the work. We would work 10-12 hrs. Management was there but not there for the employees, which cause stress and anxiety on the employees. There was no team moral or positive motivation. When first started it was a great work environment. People would talk to one another we had a great culture and team building.
Pros
Great Vision Insurance, They had great charities to help others
Cons
Over prices insurance, No company functions, no positive motivation to encourage employees they were doing a great job.
Productive and challenging work environment
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2016
Zeiss is a great company. Its biggest challenge is the alignment between the US business unit and the corporate business strategy. Very dynamic culture with continuous changes at all levels in the organization every year.
Production
BackSide Coater (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers and seeing them everyday. They become more like your family. My job is pretty laid back and easy not to hard or complicated at all.
Pros
free lunches and prizes
Cons
N/a
Working with packing
Phoenix Operator Packaging Company (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 9, 2016
Work getting the cups of yoplait and daisy cups paks ind box to shipped to get to the company and getting the lids out for keurig to get place for the copany
Pros
Love the hrs
Cons
Moved back to iowa
great experience
Laboratory Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 25, 2016
this job was one that I enjoyed. I was pregnant and I could not stand long so they gave me a stool to sit on as a cashier. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the employee incentives.
Ok workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 3, 2016
About 50-100 inbound phone calls. Processing orders through various systems. Multi-tasking between inbound calls and emails.
Pros
Fun food days
Senior Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 19, 2015
It's great to assist labs and eye care doctors to help their patients see better. I take phone calls and data enter orders for lenses.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company to be a part of
Carl Zeiss Vision Optical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 7, 2015
Zeiss is a great company to work for. The only negative is time away from home, which is at least 75%. The job is rewarding on a personal level. It's challenging because you never know what kind of problems will arise, but you always feel good when you accomplish the task and get the equipment back into production.
Pros
Travel points, travel around the world
Cons
time away from home and family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carl Zeiss Vision. Our community is ready to answer.