Carle Hospital Employee Reviews

I LOVED this jobe the most!
Lay Sitter (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 2, 2018
I sat with suicide patents of all ages. And sometime I set with dementia patents to prevent harm to themselves or others. If there was no one there for them I was right there by there side to take that next step in life with them.
Pros
I got to be next to them down there on there new road of life.
Cons
No bracks
Fast pace, competitive and fun enviroment to work in.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 27, 2018
I was hired upon working four ten hour work days weekly, but due to the high volume of patients those ten hour work days passed quickly. I was very fortunate to work along side a team of very compassionate and patent doctors and nurses. I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge of the healthcare industry working in this position. I also became very familiar with all the different insurance plans that I have been able to carry with me throughout my future and current job role. I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to work along side this team of healthcare professional, that gave me the knowledge and the drive to continue to work in healthcare.
busy atmosphere
Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 1, 2018
unfortunately people don't get the chance they deserve. An personality conflict with another employee can prevent you from other jobs even though you are a good employee-opinion matters not reality
Pros
wages/pto
Cons
dont really care about your well being even though they say they do
Poor occurrence policy
Referral Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Carle has an occurrence policy that they only follow when it is convenient for them to follow. If management decides they want you gone even though they are constantly telling you what an excellent job you are doing they will go back months and find where you may have clocked in a minute late to be able to write you up. The management I had played favorites and even though several employees clocked in late several days a week where they should have been written up several times and terminated they were not due to favoritism.
Just ideas and a normal day at the job
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Normally a day would be making sure the floors and the equipment are clean and taken to the floors in a timely manner.
Not having the tools like in any job is the hardest part of the job but more times then not when the hospital is busy we run short.
Management has his pros and cons but we’ve had a lot of different managers since my time here but that’s how it goes.
I do love working here and having fun doing my job and the same with my employees.
Pros
Friendly, fun and good benefits
Cons
Not understanding, change everyday and ideas don’t matter
I get to work from home
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILDecember 26, 2017
I like working at Carle. It has great benefits. My boss is amazing and works with my schedule. I get to work from home four days a week and I work in the office one day a week. It is nice that my supervisor works with my hours.
summary
Patient service Rep (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 31, 2017
Carle is a very good place to work at. There is a lot of work that is unnoticed by the PSR staff. They are constantly busy and very rarely have down time. It's a fast-paced job but it is doable. They will work with you and help you out. I am in school full-time and I have to leave my full -time position to help focus more,
great department to work in!
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 17, 2017
This department is full of hard working people that serve the pt's of carle. this position really makes you feel at home and like you are making a difference in the patient care.
hired for one position, expected to work others
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 28, 2017
I was glad to be hired to work in the mother/baby unit. But, quickly learned I wouldn't always stay in that department. It was disappointing, as I hadn't signed up to work in other departments.
Positive work environment with some downsides
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 22, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities within this company, but unless you are a physician, the pay is not great. For a job that requires a Master's degree, the pay was in the bottom 5% of the country average.
Lack of leadership but decent environment.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Lack of leadership, pay
Productive and clean workplace
Server/Hostess/Caretaker, The Windsor of Savoy (Former Employee) –  Savoy, ILMay 6, 2017
Management was ran well and everything always ran smoothly. The residents were always happy and it was a very enjoyable job. The best part of the job is being able to make a difference in peoples day.
Multiculturalism
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 6, 2017
Working at Carle Hospital was a good opportinity for me because I learned more and this gave me the chance to have experience in Logistics field and have idea about health care in general.
Great Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMarch 1, 2017
I was lucky enough to earn a paid internship through the local mentoring program here in Champaign-Urbana. This was one of the greatest six weeks of my life. During my six weeks, I got to shadow doctors, surgeons, and different kinds of nurses in the medical field. This internship was the turning point for me finalizing my college major, which is currently nursing. I plan to be a Registered Nurse by 2020.
Pros
Got to see real life scenarios in a hospital service
Cons
Too short
Fulfilling and meaning workplace with leaders and employees who care.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 9, 2017
I'm taught management skills.
Has a great culture.
People care a great deal about each other.
My team has great camaraderie.
They take care to hire great employees and inspire employees to their highest level.
Positive learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Assessing patients, passing medications, wound care, patient advocacy and working with a wide array of specialties as a patient care team. I worked as a preceptor and was part of developing a unit education program for families.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffing
Carle- A growing and enjoyable place to work
Scheduling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 20, 2016
I've been with Carle for a total of 8 years and have worked in 3 different departments serving 3 different positions. I enjoy working for Carle and have stayed this long because of the work environment, the people, and the ongoing growth and progress that Carle continue to have within the community and the respect the hospital has for their employees. The only reason I am considering leaving Carle is because I am relocating to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Healthcare Tech (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 18, 2016
A place to learn many new things on a day to day basis. Your coworkers are very helpful and willing to lend a hand when they can.
Carle Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 10, 2015
This job was in 1998 where I learned the basics of being an RN and managing my time. I learned and had a good foundation laid for future endeavors in nursing.
Excelent
Scheduler 2 (Current Employee) –  champaign,ilApril 15, 2015
I loved working for this company. they believed in family and worked as a team. they also provided awesome customer service.
Typical Hospital Work Environment
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day included working side by side with physicians and nurses to insure the best health care for our patients.
There was your typical in house drama but if you kept your distance from it, it did not affect you.