CARLEX Employee Reviews

It wasn't enough pay
Any (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 5, 2019
Improve pay ..I work all week for a lil bit or nothing I have kids ..it's not enough for me or my family ...it's hot there ..the paste is fast ..the brakes not long enough
THis job was a great place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJuly 24, 2019
A typical day was working steady and getting the job done timely. I learned a lot, Management was fair. Their was nothing to hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being productive.
Very good
Painter, pressures cleaning and Roofing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2019
Good and profetional manager
And staff. Very disciplined and shipped prices and cartesian with a customer all time.
I Gould like recommended to all peoples to take contact with these familiarity companies.
Worked for over 5 years planned to retire until management change
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  LigonierJune 20, 2019
Current disregard for employees safety. OSHA and EPA violations to many to count. Good old boy club all came in with new management team.
Was a great place to work. Worked several 14 (+) hour days and a few over 17.
Long days and mandatory over-time/easy job
Trainer/Print-room operator (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INJune 10, 2019
No family time
easy slow pace job
good benefits
some opportunity for advancement
Mandatory over-time
Interesting positions where troubleshooting machines, processes, and equipment is necessary
Interesting
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 17, 2019
Turnover rate really bad salary and hourly company is not making a profit anything that makes sense company will not do very wasteful there comes to spending money on wrong stuff
Liars club
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ligonier, INApril 2, 2019
When they hired me they told me first shift was 6- 230 with occasional 12 hr days 6 -630. Now they force me to come in at 2 in the morning to 230pm. My family life is in disarray because of the constant hr changes. They mandate us to work those constant changing hours and if we refuse to work they give us points and eventually fire us. The management has an us against them paradigm and if we voice our concerns they make sure we are mandated for more outlandish hours. The vocabulary that is used by All is most alarming. The "I" in team is definitely prevalent here and unprofessionalism is the status quo. No one will tell us the truth. Unacceptable!
Pros
The pay would be if not for the crazy hours.
Cons
If you can name a con it is probably part of carlex.
work experience
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INMarch 28, 2019
Overall a very fun place to work as an engineering intern. I got relevant experience in a career path I was interested in. I was challenged yet given autonomy to complete what I needed to and how I wanted.
Pros
Great work environment
Work
Final line (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INNovember 26, 2018
Hard work clean nice people very clean and fair minded supervisors worked 12 hr nights 530 till 6 am sometimes to many hours and some language barriers
Pros
Vacation and holiday pay
Cons
Sometimes to many hours
Stressful place to work!
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 26, 2018
Your hours can change at any moment depending on what's going on, you cant have a life outside of work! They treat us more like numbers than actual human beings. But can be great at times and the money is good.
Pros
The people we work with are typically amazing.
Cons
They keep firing people for no reason, managers included
Carlex
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2018
Carlex was a good lae to work, I really enjoyed working there, I worked night shift, I had a good group of people working for me at Carlex, I got layed off on Monday.
Great place to wok!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Auburn, IndianaSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work! Friendly Management. Fast paced and the shift goes quick. Benefits are awesome Opportunity to move up if you so choose. Usually start out on the night shift, but you will be given an opportunity transfer to days when they become available.
Pros
Great managers/supervisors
Cons
Very hot in the summer
Carlex Auburn
Material Planning and Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INAugust 29, 2018
Love the company really....I wouldn't like working on the floor, but on the office staff or salary side its awesome. One of the best places I have ever worked
Pros
clean and care about people, $$
Cons
12 production days
make glass
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Vonore, TNAugust 28, 2018
not to bad sometimes slow periods. choose who to up.getting alittle better in training. great benefits.management can improve attitude. need to increase paying and have sick days.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Not recommended
Nobody (Former Employee) –  PlantJuly 30, 2018
Easy work. Lousy management. High turn over. All they care about is numbers. And they don't care about safety. To much favoritism to certain people while others get wrote up for the same thing
Pros
Decent pay, easy work
Cons
Long hours, to much overtime
Great place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INJune 2, 2018
Carlex is a great place to work. Once you get used to the long shifts its a great place. The managers are nice and the floor workers are knowledgeable.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
bad engineers
A typical day at work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  centennial nashville tnMay 23, 2018
Fast paced good people a great place to work I love this job you learned something new everyday meet different people it was great the people were great.
Quality Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 22, 2018
Work at time was very very slow due to problems up the line this made 12 hr shift extremely long and miserable, Union shop. Building not climate control, freeze during cold weather and burn up during spring- summer. Work place culture was cut throat due to management-lead people playing "favorites"
Pros
Cons
12 shifts.
Quick pace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, INMarch 13, 2018
It was a quick pace job. You have to always meet your numbers or higher. They made the three shifts try to beat one another in a race of product which lead to alot of the shifts being very quick and hard working. The benefits were great and it gave you something to work hard for,
Very productive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNMarch 7, 2018
It is a very easy laid back job. Just the schedule was not right for me. The benefits and everything was great. So was the people and workers and management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks.