Carlisle Brake & Friction Employee Reviews

good place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2019
Review what took place from previous shift, Continue with current schedule. Make any changes if necessary. Oversee day to day productivity from several departments.
Pros
Monthly activiites
Cons
Hot work in the summer
It's great...if your willing to go above and beyond.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 29, 2018
I worked at Carlisle for nearly a year. Upper management is very poor, and when it comes to leads, some are great and some dont do their job and often disappear for hours on end only to be found in the office on the computer looking at Ebay or even a few times, NSFW materials...Advancement is a thing but you need to be willing to work hard and communicate with your supervisor. The more machinery you know, the better. I received a large raise only 6 months into my employment. Your co workers tend to be pretty great, some of the best folks I've ever met, I met through Carlisle. However, I will express concern for the fact the plant manager is one of the worst people I have ever met. Grossly overweight and and likes to throw it around, and is just there to receive a salary. Would rather fire 8 people instead of working through plant issues. I've seen him on the shop floor once in my time there and he worked on machine that did everything for him...for about ten minutes before giving up and pulling a temp from their in progress work to finish up his work...which was abysmal. He treats temps like trash and refused to let HR give any kind of full hire to them even after working there for sometimes over a year. Simply to avoid having to give severance and benefits.
Pros
Over time, Good People, 3 Shifts.
Cons
Poor Managment, old machinery and lifts, full-hire promise after 3 months a joke.
Great staff but pressured by higher-ups
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 4, 2018
I was told that we would work "some" Saturdays as overtime, that turned out to be almost every Saturday and most Sundays. The overtime pay was almost too good to turn down, but there was a feeling of the office doing the workers a personal favor by giving them a day off.
Pros
A few free lunches throughout the year, Ot, and flexible schedules
Cons
Expected to work 6 to 7 days a week, no raises
productive place
LEAD (Former Employee) –  Cattoossa,okNovember 14, 2018
good work environment. the hardest part of the job was training people who were not willing to learn. the best part of working there is the people you work with.
Easy work place
Heat set operator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 4, 2018
Every quarter we get bounce check of 8.50% from what we get from our check. Every six month the company provides lunch. The managers and heads were equal to all people. The company provides waters, ice, juices and ice cream bars daily. Staff meeting quarterly.
Pros
Free lunch and yearly party and bonus and paid lunch hrs.
Cons
No AC
Overall Carlisle is a good company to work for.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 2, 2018
My job was very fast paced which I enjoyed. I had several years of experience in manufacturing as a machine operator and trainer. I was promoted to Safety Coordinator and held that position for 11 years before the plant shut down and moved to Ohio.
Pros
Long term employees on the shop floor was some of the best people you would ever want to work with.
Cons
High upper management turnover.
bad company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 1, 2018
expect you to work 6 to seven days a week . Poor supervisors discriminatory towards middle age women . poor training procedures. Temps treated poorly especially on second shift
Pros
pay
Cons
poor supervisors
Good place to work, but they relocated.
Shipping & Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 26, 2018
I would still be working there had they stayed in Ohio. They moved to Oklahoma and I was not going to go to Oklahoma to work. They are now back in Medina and I would consider going back there.
Closing
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2018
The plant was undergoing a plant closure, I understood this coming in. The 16 months I spent with Carlisle was enjoyable, and wish they were staying..
Family atmosphere
Production Supervisor/ EHS (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 2, 2018
great place to work at with a family feel environment. Management cares about the people and their concerns. the benefits are great and the company appreciates all their employees
productive but hardly had days off
Operator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 11, 2018
my main responsibility's at Carlisle Brake and Friction was furnace operator and material handler. as furnace operator I had to know what times and temp. I needed to run fixtures of parts containing anywhere between 50 pcs to 350 pcs and to be able to properly run parts check on sample pieces before releasing them to their next process or sending them to the consumer, as material handler I had to move fixtures that weighed between 300 lbs. to 8000 lbs.
Pros
free lunches plant wide every so often
Cons
short breaks, health care, few days off
exit review
Blanking Lead (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 4, 2018
Was laid off due to the company shutting down in this area. Worked here for 11 plus years, stressful most days, continuously changing management. NO AC in the plant, made for miserable hot summer days.
A good solid place to work.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. I felt like management did the best that they could, and I felt like the compensation was fair. I also felt like they did what they could to provide a safe working environment.
Pros
You could move up.
dusty work environment
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 19, 2018
worked on cool heavy machinery parts but it was very dusty inside the warehouse. also the hours weren't the best. very repetitive work and if the machines broke down then the wait was really long
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Productive and friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 11, 2018
The people you work with are very helpful and willing to show you anything you don’t know. Also the work wasn’t very hard it’s a good place to work if you want a settling work experience.
Pros
Pays every week
Cons
Short brakes but not a big deal though
Work hard no play
set up man (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 23, 2018
Fast pace workplace took care of 12 machines each ok need had to set up. Keep quality control by checking parts knowing what's good or bad parts. Training new employees. Knowing how to visually inspect parts. Knowing how to calibrate the parts using measuring instruments. Have to know how to read blueprints. You have to know how to work well with others. Constantly always moving collect scrap the quality board which is production on time delivery.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Only 40 min brake in 8 hours
Fast paced but fun
Preform Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 17, 2018
While the work load can be a little stressful at times, it is also quite challenging. You push yourself to reach and achieve new goals each day to help the company and yourself succeed.
Chaotic
Global Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Remote to cover all countries and USApril 2, 2018
Interfaced with Senior Management and they were reluctant to make much needed decisions. Constant change in personnel. People are usually overworked and have no idea what is expected of them. My position was dictated by the State Department, Commerce Department and Treasury. Procedures were established by what the regulations required. Trained the Empowered officials and Inteacted with Corporate Legal to accomplish the requirements.
Pros
The Compliance Team was excellent even though they had other primary duties.
Cons
None to speak of
Had good food there and give you ice cream when it was hot outside
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 13, 2018
it was fast around there had to be on your toes everyday good learning exp and had to know your math . it was nice inside in the plant cool in summer warm in the winter.
Unrewarding. Low pay.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Not many opportunities to advance. The benefits are good, but the pay is low. Employee morale is low too. It was once a great place to work, but has since gone down hill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Brake & Friction. Our community is ready to answer.