Carlisle Carrier Corp Employee Reviews

Na
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 7, 2018
Job Is Easy Just At times you have a long haul and the management team is great as long as you do what you are told to do or what way to go you will be okay. Great Job
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 16, 2018
from school to a career at carlisle carrier is the best choice you can make job security is there they work there hardest to give you the best runs and they make the drivers there number one priority
Pros
Best company to start your career
Cons
Insurance is terrible and your paying too much 4x more
Always had work
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carlisle and only left because I am moving from NJ to SD. I always had loads and my dispatch made sure i got my hours. The company works with you if you need time off, but this is a job so you cannot abuse time off and expect to be happy with the results. If you do your job well you will be rewarded.
Family Company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 3, 2018
Dispatch treats the drivers fairly. They always make sure I get the hometime I need. I like the family atmosphere - i can always stop in the office and talk to the managers.
No paid ot
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 24, 2018
NO OVERTIME PAY, not a good occupation option for someone with a young family or events in the evening. great customers and always start with a loaded trailer in the morning.
My feeling
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed my experience with this carrier although it was short I feel the did try to accommodate me in everyway. the staff is professional and friendly. I was disappointed when I was let go. However I have a better understanding of trucking due to my experience with this company.
Pros
they try to work with you
Cons
Should verifiy work history before hiring
enjoyed working here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 12, 2018
I don't review companies, but, I felt I had to this time. I had to leave in 2014 due to a medical reason. I ran pretty good, made decent money, and still got home 2 days a week for overnight visits, plus got home sat morning before 11am and then left on average sun night after 9pm. I travelled the area Buffalo NY down to Mechanicsburg pa, down to Bel Air Md. Over to NJ (all over) then up to Vermont and every state in between. I never went to NY city. As the company promised. I had a good supervisor when I first started. Night dispatch was super. After I was assigned a permanent dispatcher, I had to "train" him, I believe he thought he could just raise his tone a little and I would jump. The issue was with driving in snow covered, or slick roads in the winter. My safety was at risk, not his. We ended up reading the same sheet of music. I really liked working there, I still miss it. The people there were good people. Safety, Logs, OSD, dispatchers, payroll, load planners, training, HR, the Shop. Basically the company, I only met the top brass once on my initial walk thru. Once I get well again, I will go back. the benefits surpassed most of the big trucking companies. They really helped when I had to leave. As far the trucks being "nasty", Mine was clean, even the temp trucks I had to run while mine was being fixed. Remember a company is only as good as the people that work there. Maybe things changed, maybe the company got a few bad drivers, I don't know. I know how I was treated before Carlisle Carriers and in 21 years of driving at the time, I only  more... had a handful of people that I enjoyed working with. I apologize for the book. Good luck in your search. Be safe driver  less
Pros
pay, benefits, time at home
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 21, 2017
this place was a great place to work. I will go back if the offer is good.
the pay is great and on time with your paycheck.
the driver managers work with you.
Great Company
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 20, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
The CEO and Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be.
I have never come across such company who has all the great qualities of Culture, Management, Career Advancement
Horrible experience
Service Writer / Parts Room (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 8, 2017
First management I've dealt with in years as a professional I would not recommend working there to any of my friends or any other co-workers. Horrible work conditions Dusty dirt spiders cobwebs just a horrible place in general
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 3, 2017
Great company whether just starting out or been on the road for a while probably one of the first companies that does what it says out of orientation.
Pros
Great company better than advertised
Cons
I have none other than not much long haul
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 15, 2017
Normal days are 12+hours, occasional overnights. Hardest part of job is being away from family. Pay is average. Dispatching is average. Occ overnights.
Great job to get experience
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 22, 2016
great job to get experience home every weekend,great equipment,great play,northeast regional,treat you like family
Worst place I ever experiennced
Tractor trailer driver, regional (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 4, 2016
This company claims to be a fair regional carrier. In reality, it is a local company set up as regional to maximize co profits. You are paid by mile, and primarily sit on I-95, I-78, I-280. No forced NYC, but you travel 95 constantly through there, and never go west, farther south than terminal in Mechanicsburg, Md. if you your lucky. It is a local job, but you live in the truck, get home Saturday, leave Sunday, and make the equivalent of a Mc Donalds employee. They dictate, no communication, and take advantage of you every opportunity. There are basically 10 new drivers weekly, for a small co that should tell you something. Oh, If yo attempt to try here, bring bed bug spay or killer, trucks are infested. Good Luck!!!
Pros
Home weekly
Cons
Enough time to do a 34, barely
new job
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 16, 2016
I learned more about trucking
management is ok some days better than others
don't meet to many co-workers
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
no time in a half
Not forced driving and nice dispatchers.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 23, 2015
The normal driving and load and unload. As a professional you are
always learning the skills of driving and other skills. there like any other company sometimes they push and other times they are good to you. When you see them at the terminal or at a warehouse. they helpful and friendly. The hardest part of my job is to be away for the week. Coming home for the weekend.
management and employees are extremely unprofessional
employee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Some employees are not welcoming to new hires, manager is rude and talks about others. Manager has negative attitude. Job duties not as told when interviewed. Bad training. TOTALLY NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT, benefits terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
good place to work
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  mechanicsburg, PaNovember 9, 2012
it is a small family busnis, well organize loving company. they take good care of their employee
Pros
fun to work for them
Cons
over the road
fun workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  paduchaJuly 17, 2012
• Assists in loading and unloading truck manually.
• Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport and deliver cargo, materials, or damaged vehicle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Carrier Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Carlisle Carrier Corp Reviews by Location