Process Engineering, Quality Management, Work-Flow Optimization, Project Management.
Quality Engineer/Process Engineer (Former Employee) – California – March 31, 2012
• Develop, design and maintain workplace plant layout through the use of ergonomics. Lean Manufacturing Tools, handling devices, etc.
• Measure variance to standards, identify out of control variance, investigate reasons, suggest solutions, install and follow up.
• Develop standard work for new processes.
• Utilize safety guidelines (e.g. OSHA standards) when designing processes and/or equipment.
• Work closely with other engineers to drive process improvements through Safety. Quality, Delivery and Cost.
• Assess processes for their relevance, and assess the adequacy of engineering department.
• Keep abreast of the trend of technology, investigate, and install most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company competitive at all times.
• Design, install and commission new production equipment, monitor modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes.
• Ensure the process works at the optimum level, to the right takt time and quality of output, in order to meet customer requirements
• Ensure that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations.
• Manage projects from concept to completion; ensuring the project is done on time and within the allocated budget.
• Select, manage and work with sub-contractors.
• Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.