Carlisle Construction Materials Employee Reviews

Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  PuyallupNovember 16, 2018
Thumbs down, more micro managing than anything. Get ready to learn african and phillipino or quit. Managers are lazy and like to hide behind hr only plus side is the hr ladies are really hot.
Pros
Cons
Where do i start
It was the best job i ever had
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSOctober 3, 2018
The job was real laid back. You didn't have people constantly watching over you. You can work at your own pace, no fast pace working. The people are very friendly and very helpful.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Cash Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 25, 2018
Fast paced environment. Learned a lot about the job and was able to learn about the company. Great co-workers to work with and see daily. Friendly atmosphere.
Worst place I ever worked.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 16, 2018
Extremely cliquish. Management does nothing to break up cliques, in fact many encourage it an are part of it. If you do not fit in with one of the cliques, they will absolutely make your life hard
Pros
Pay, paid time off
Cons
Treatment of people they do not like.
Stale and stagnant, not much advancement opportunity
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 31, 2018
There are a lot of people who work at CCM who have been there for a very long time...20+ years, 30+ years However, they have been doing the exact same job for all those years. CCM prefers to bring in external hires versus promoting from within, in order to not shake things up. The rank and file coworkers are a solid and close knit bunch, but as seen with many big companies, upper management is very detached from the day to day operations.
Great place and great people
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 30, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Carlisle Construction Materials. I cared about my job and how much I helped it succeed in the market. A typical day at work was busy and made time pass quickly. I learned the different types of rubber material used for roofing. The management was very good. They made sure that the employees knew who they were. The hardest part of the job is the dangerous conditions. There was a lot of heavy machinery and the air environment was not the cleanest. I enjoyed the people I worked with, we always had each others backs.
Terrble
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 1, 2018
Inspection department team leaders do not work. They are never in the department. Working every weekend is practically mandatory so kiss your family goodbye. Departments don't rotate like they should. Team leaders have their favorite pets. You will be overworked and undercompensated. Upper management turns a blind eye to it. Production numbers is more important than family life.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Working there
Overall good experience
former employee (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYJune 28, 2018
Carlisle Construction will offer good opportunities for entry level or continued career in manufacturing. There is strong teamwork shift to shift, however the hours can be tedious during busy seasons, a lot of overtime potential.
Great Company. Wish I was still there.
Central Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 13, 2018
Carlisle CCW in Wylie is a great place to work. They want you to succeed. I left there a year ago and have regretted it ever since. The group in Wylie is supportive and fun to work with. When I was first starting my position there I was given a paid consultant to help mentor me and coach me to success. Not many companies do that! I felt a lot of stress in my new position and bailed out under the stress for another job with another company. Stupid move on my part. Had I been smart and gone to upper management for help I know for sure they would have worked with me to put me on the right track. Carlisle rewards you for working hard with great pay, great benefits, and in my case a company trip. I never felt micromanaged. The work is hard and the environment is competitive, but if you can handle the challenge then you will love working here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits. Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Product training was limited.
n/a
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 6, 2018
it was great working for them in the time i did i hate that i left they make sure u have what u need to do your job if not they have people waiting to help
Pros
hands free zone`
Cons
n/a
Great fellow co-workers but horriable managent.
Robot Operator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 23, 2018
This job used to be great. We had some upper management leave, and brought new management in. They’re horrible. They have every weekend off, can come and go as they please. They get as many days off as they want with no repercussions, but God forbid an hourly employee needs time off. Management has their cliques of employees that they like and would do anything for. If you’re not one of those people, forget enjoying work there. The job is very easy, but management makes it not worth it at all. We’ve lost many full time employees this year alone, and can’t keep a Temp to save our lives. They can’t settle on a schedule to work so constantly make you work crazy hours and shifts. I do not recommend unless you desperately need a new job.
Pros
Good co-workers on the production side
Cons
Horrible, uncaring management.
I liked working for Carlisle
Maintenance Supervisor / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carlisle as a Project Manager but when the economy turned down and Carlisle stopped spending capital money they put me in as a Maintenance Manager and that was not as fun. I like being in charge of Maintenance but the Building Manager and myself did not get along all that well. He actually went through three Maintenance Managers in three years counting myself.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Just could not seem to fit in with the Plant Manager
Productive. Great people to work with. Fast pased
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 26, 2018
Typical day loading and unloading trucks. Pulling job orders and putting materials on pallets and wrapping them. Also being able to balance out the weight of the 18 wheeler.
Poor management
Warranty Alteration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 19, 2018
This company has fantastic potential. Wow, mind blowing what this company could become. However, it is completely ruined by the poor management. The company also only hires family, friends or acquaintances of current employees. Basically, if you're not related to someone, you're not going anywhere in this company. The company is located outside of a rural area, so I understand the need for more educated and skilled employees. But, wow, what an opportunity this company could have if it would get out of it's "redneck culture".
Pros
Great bonuses, competive pay, decent benefits
Cons
Uneducated, redneck management
An open-minded critically thinking group with the best coffee machine evar
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAFebruary 28, 2018
I would sign in, go to my locker and take off my jacket to change into at the end of the day. I'd learned to keep track of all my duties and record results through the day . Management kept me on a long leash and things ran smoothly every day. Everyone in charge knew what to do and they imparted their knowledge forthright, safety was clearly in mind everywhere as it's got shiny yellow tape everywhere to mark walkways and such. Bring thick skin, it's fiberglass and foam plus eps foam bead products.
Pros
Best free coffee and cocoa dispenser (watch out the cups stick when they drop down)
Cons
no lids
Job security good. Job/Life Balance Lacking, but Getting Better. Not much room for advancement.
OPERATOR - A1/ Backup Supervisor - A2 (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAFebruary 14, 2018
A decent place to work, friendly environment. Work not super demanding.Decent benefits and pay. Uniforms provided. Management communication secretive and lacking in certain situations. Getting better with management changes. Advancement opportunities lacking. Job work/Life Balance poor but getting better with alternative work schedules.
Pros
free lunches and holiday parties, friendly environment, work not super demanding, uniforms provided
Cons
Management communication, Job work/Life balance, Job advancement
Exceptional Place to learn about Industry
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 18, 2017
My internship with Carlisle Construction Materials, LLC was the best opportunity to learn about how industry and engineering are combined. Working at CCM truly gives you a taste of acceptance and development. I worked with the Engineering team on many projects and obtained priceless knowledge about how an engineering team functions in the real world.
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mead, NEAugust 30, 2017
Employees are not treated equally by supervisor. Reviews are not given as they should be, and employees are not compensated for the level of work performed.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hope you like living at work!
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 18, 2017
Been a current employee for over five years now.. let's just say I see more of my coworkers than I do of my own family. No mention of SWING SHIFT in add. You have to wait 8 years to get another week of vacation. This means you only get 7 days to work with for 8 years because they take 4 for holiday shut down. The retention rate is horrible because of swing shift.
Pros
Pay, decent benefits
Cons
Swing shift, vacation
Good Old School Company
Shipping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 28, 2017
Know someone before you work here....These people are older and stuck in their ways... they do not except critisism or suggestions to save the company any money, be used to becoming just a number if you except any job offer from them
Pros
Good Company
Cons
People that have been there for years and are an alliance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Construction Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Carlisle Construction Materials Reviews by Location