Carlisle Construction Materials Employee Reviews

Terrble
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 1, 2018
Inspection department team leaders do not work. They are never in the department. Working every weekend is practically mandatory so kiss your family goodbye. Departments don't rotate like they should. Team leaders have their favorite pets. You will be overworked and undercompensated. Upper management turns a blind eye to it. Production numbers is more important than family life.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Working there
Great Company. Wish I was still there.
Central Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 13, 2018
Carlisle CCW in Wylie is a great place to work. They want you to succeed. I left there a year ago and have regretted it ever since. The group in Wylie is supportive and fun to work with. When I was first starting my position there I was given a paid consultant to help mentor me and coach me to success. Not many companies do that! I felt a lot of stress in my new position and bailed out under the stress for another job with another company. Stupid move on my part. Had I been smart and gone to upper management for help I know for sure they would have worked with me to put me on the right track. Carlisle rewards you for working hard with great pay, great benefits, and in my case a company trip. I never felt micromanaged. The work is hard and the environment is competitive, but if you can handle the challenge then you will love working here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits. Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Product training was limited.
n/a
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 6, 2018
it was great working for them in the time i did i hate that i left they make sure u have what u need to do your job if not they have people waiting to help
Pros
hands free zone`
Cons
n/a
Great fellow co-workers but horriable managent.
Robot Operator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 23, 2018
This job used to be great. We had some upper management leave, and brought new management in. They’re horrible. They have every weekend off, can come and go as they please. They get as many days off as they want with no repercussions, but God forbid an hourly employee needs time off. Management has their cliques of employees that they like and would do anything for. If you’re not one of those people, forget enjoying work there. The job is very easy, but management makes it not worth it at all. We’ve lost many full time employees this year alone, and can’t keep a Temp to save our lives. They can’t settle on a schedule to work so constantly make you work crazy hours and shifts. I do not recommend unless you desperately need a new job.
Pros
Good co-workers on the production side
Cons
Horrible, uncaring management.
I liked working for Carlisle
Maintenance Supervisor / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carlisle as a Project Manager but when the economy turned down and Carlisle stopped spending capital money they put me in as a Maintenance Manager and that was not as fun. I like being in charge of Maintenance but the Building Manager and myself did not get along all that well. He actually went through three Maintenance Managers in three years counting myself.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Just could not seem to fit in with the Plant Manager
Productive. Great people to work with. Fast pased
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 26, 2018
Typical day loading and unloading trucks. Pulling job orders and putting materials on pallets and wrapping them. Also being able to balance out the weight of the 18 wheeler.
Poor management
Warranty Alteration Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 19, 2018
This company has fantastic potential. Wow, mind blowing what this company could become. However, it is completely ruined by the poor management. The company also only hires family, friends or acquaintances of current employees. Basically, if you're not related to someone, you're not going anywhere in this company. The company is located outside of a rural area, so I understand the need for more educated and skilled employees. But, wow, what an opportunity this company could have if it would get out of it's "redneck culture".
Pros
Great bonuses, competive pay, decent benefits
Cons
Uneducated, redneck management
An open-minded critically thinking group with the best coffee machine evar
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAFebruary 28, 2018
I would sign in, go to my locker and take off my jacket to change into at the end of the day. I'd learned to keep track of all my duties and record results through the day . Management kept me on a long leash and things ran smoothly every day. Everyone in charge knew what to do and they imparted their knowledge forthright, safety was clearly in mind everywhere as it's got shiny yellow tape everywhere to mark walkways and such. Bring thick skin, it's fiberglass and foam plus eps foam bead products.
Pros
Best free coffee and cocoa dispenser (watch out the cups stick when they drop down)
Cons
no lids
Exceptional Place to learn about Industry
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 18, 2017
My internship with Carlisle Construction Materials, LLC was the best opportunity to learn about how industry and engineering are combined. Working at CCM truly gives you a taste of acceptance and development. I worked with the Engineering team on many projects and obtained priceless knowledge about how an engineering team functions in the real world.
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mead, NEAugust 30, 2017
Employees are not treated equally by supervisor. Reviews are not given as they should be, and employees are not compensated for the level of work performed.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hope you like living at work!
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 18, 2017
Been a current employee for over five years now.. let's just say I see more of my coworkers than I do of my own family. No mention of SWING SHIFT in add. You have to wait 8 years to get another week of vacation. This means you only get 7 days to work with for 8 years because they take 4 for holiday shut down. The retention rate is horrible because of swing shift.
Pros
Pay, decent benefits
Cons
Swing shift, vacation
Fast Paced High Energy Environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  MeadJune 13, 2017
I'm still new to Insulfoam-Carlisle Construction Materials but enjoy the fast paced environment. We have a pretty new management team and as a new person coming onboard it seems like a great place. I know that a group of original employees to make it difficult for new hires but management is very supportive overall. Definitely understaffed so lots of OT right now which we are told will die down eventually.
Pros
Annual Bonus, Cola, Benefits, Employee Appreciation Events
Cons
Understaffed- but the OT can be nice, management needs to better align
Horrible place!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mead, NEJune 8, 2017
Horribly understaffed. Warehouse employees are overworked and underpaid. The supervisor fires everyone, and the HR lady is NEVER here to hire anyone. Good luck every getting a raise or promotion!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Low wage, ridiculous hours, horrible management!
Good benefits
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 9, 2017
Do not treat people as well as thery treat customers, do not treat all divisions equally. Mangaement feedback poor.If you fit yhe culture and are ased back east your opportunities are better
Benefits
Cons
Emplopee culture
Not a bad place to work if you want to live your life there
Midnight back-up Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 7, 2016
Work midnight The management staff never works weekends but force the employees to work straight through the summer months with no time off to spend with your family
Pros
Good pay great fellow co-workers
Cons
No time off 7 days a week for 6-8 months straight
Great Management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PASeptember 20, 2016
Great management, if you needed some extra time that paycheck management would give you time if they had it to give. Great co-workers and safety is a main goal of theirs.
Pros
Two 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
I am not a tobacco user but it is a tobacco free facility
More than a job, there are a ton of career Positions a person could get.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 30, 2016
Had to move, otherwise
Would still be at Carlisle... Some managers don't pay attention, but mine did. I loaded trucks here.
Pros
Week ends off. COLA every year. Leadership opportunities
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
fun job good pay
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 18, 2016
good people to work with and to learn multiple positions with good training. the company will give you the training needed to perform any job there and gives you time to advance. good management keeps employees motivated.
Pros
free food at meetings
Cons
long days short breaks
Quality Manufacturing Company
Product and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 14, 2015
I've enjoyed my time with CCM--lots of good people to work with, strong executive leadership, and a very flat structure.
Secure job with many benifits
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Carlisle PAApril 22, 2015
Great place to be a part of with potential to make 60000yr as a production employee. secure future. Producing a product made in America.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Swing shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlisle Construction Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Carlisle Construction Materials Reviews by Location