Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC Employee Reviews

Best company I've ever worked for.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 14, 2019
I had a very short attention span when it came to jobs. Within about a year to a year and a half, the job would get to me and I'd start looking for something new, something better. So I want you to understand what it means when I say that I've been with the company for almost 5 years now.

There are ups and downs, like there are with any job. But this company is growing and evolving and above all else, wants to take care of it's employees and veterans. Things have been influx from time to time, but that's honestly not the company's fault. That's the nature of doing business as a contractor with another group.

In my time here, the company has add/increased benefits and removed caustic employees who damaged morale. I have never wanted to leave this company and would love to see more dedicated people come on board with us.
Pros
Flexible schedule, listens to employee concerns, feeling that your voice is heard
Cons
Benefits could be better, but the company is working on adding and improving things.
I loved the veterans, company and my position
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey- Los AngelesFebruary 13, 2019
This is not a position or company where your employers' hold your hand. I loved the job! I learned a lot about myself, veteran policy, developed stronger leadership skills and a stronger desire to advance my education. I had the privilege of working at two locations which are vastly different. This company holds it staff to a HIGHER standard than most. You are there to work not make friends. Support can be limited but as long as you ask questions(in a professional manner), maintain your professional work ethic you will be okay.
I say if your qualified, have a proficient skill set, enjoy helping people, do not mind constant change and have excellent time management skills- give CL&A a try!
Pros
Helping Veteran's, salary and supportive co-workers
Cons
constant changes
Family Oriented, flexible schedule, competitive salary, supportive atmosphere
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2018
The company allows employees to be in charge of their weekly schedule. They are flexible, provide the support needed to do your job, provide adequate training and are available to assist when the employee comes up against obstacles and barriers to their job duties. Management is family oriented, understanding, and has an open door policy.
Pros
Supportive Management, competitive salary, flexible schedule
Poor manage and lack of support
Clinical Case manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
The benefits are awful and there is absolutely no support for case managers while working in the field. And the management team in LA is HORRIBLE! The clinical director likes to yell and scream at team members and lacks effective communication skills. Worst company I have ever worked for. Do not waste your time with this company.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Horrible manage and no support for case managers
Good salary
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
If your money driven this is the place for you. They believe they pay more than other social services.... however they don’t offer any good benefits. What you make in salary you spend for health care! You make your own weekly schedule which is cool. However they expect you to be on call from 8am-8pm. They don’t believe on days off and would call you if needed on your day off.
Overall joy helping and working with veterans and family.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
no good benefits high demands
Best company I've ever worked for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, MEAugust 17, 2018
Began working with this company as an intern, and now I've been with the company for nearly 7 years. This company has grown within the last few years, but still has the small company that cares for its workers. We serve homeless veterans in three states, other veteran services in five states, and counseling services in two states (much of which is pro bono). The owner is a veteran and has compassion and respect for other veterans. He has dedicated his life work to serving vets. His only requirement is for his employees to share that passion and to diligently do their jobs so no veteran slips through the cracks.
Pros
Benefits, insurance, team atmosphere and support
Cons
periodical changes in requirements from the contracting entities
Long term employee
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, MEAugust 17, 2018
The company as a whole does a great Job taking care of our nation's homeless veterans in three states. They provide pro bono counseling services in two states. I've been with the company going on 7 years. Understanding and giving employers who cherish employees who do their jobs with integrity, excellence and professionalism.
Pros
Benefits, higher salary, understanding chain of command
Cons
working with a difficult population that could be emotionally trying at times, yet rewarding
Highly Rewarding Experience - Fast Paced Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
CL&A is a thriving company that has really distinguished itself as a leading provider of human services to Veterans in greatest need. Senior Management is very supportive and really expert in running truly complex programs. Given the nature of the work (homeless Veterans), strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required- Senior Management expects strong results and won't accept anything else. Workplace culture is again supportive, and they do their best to help you manage work/life balance.
Pros
competitive salaries, strong management
Cons
complex clinical profiles regarding Veterans served
Money driven company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Money driven company that doesnt care at all about Veterans. Just the money that Veterans make them. Upper mgt flies on private jets while Veterans can’t get any money for transportation.
Pros
Consistent salary
Cons
Too many to list. This place is a nightmare. Don’t do it!!!
Official response from Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC
August 14, 2018

CL&A has proudly provided reintegration services to assist approximately 1500 homeless and at-risk Veterans within 3 different states. These Veterans receive the utmost of care which is comprised of housing placement, case management services, employment opportunities and rehabilitative care needs to name a few.
A critical component of the company’s success is meeting the needs of Veterans; especially those who need assistance traveling to and from the various health care facilities and miscellaneous health care appointments. In doing so, CL&A provides Veterans with transportation support services, vouchers and/or information about local transportation opportunities.

lacks affordable benefits
Senior Field Manager Critical Intervention (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
This is if you want to make money then this is a great company they pay the highest wages for case management services, but it entails long hours after 5 pm
Pros
great pay
Cons
cut throat employees
Needed more clients
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Adrian MiFebruary 12, 2018
Very limited clients. More advertising. Worked limited hours during non appointment days. I answered phone. Made appointments. Filing of case management.copied all work on spread sheet. Did some bc/bs and other insurance billing
Great job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAMay 31, 2017
Great working environment, very family orientated. Small business with a big heart. Good pay, opportunity for advancement and continuing education..
great place to work especially when you work in the field, no micro-managing
Senior Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 3, 2016
i think Carlos Lopez & Associates is an awesome place to work for experience and great pay. they are considered the highest payer for Social service work so far in NYC. They need to continue to work harder to provide better benefits in regards to employers who do work in the field with almost a case load of up to 35 veterans. more accrued time off in separate categories, like sick days, vacation and personal as oppose to all wrapped up in one and only totals 20 days. other than that i enjoy my job love what i do. also better affordable health insurance oh and dental and vision plans to name a few. but like i was saying this is s great company if you want to be paid above the normal salary for your hard work
Pros
no micro managing, paid traveling reimbursement
Cons
health care, time off accural

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC Reviews by Location