Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

Synopsis
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
Great job culture and certification as a travel counselor with approved accredited college units, so technically I am a certified travel counselor. The company is a leader in travel management and is dedicated to keeping its clients free from stress while handling travel arrangements.

Management is more there to support, but you are self managed and free to make sound acumen. Very professional in all aspects, especially training. The pay is very good with excellent job security.

I sincerely appreciate Carlson's employment leveraging and support.
Pros
Centrally located in Phoenix, always food by cooperative sales channels visiting the premises, ability to move out of state and work from home on contract.
Cons
No complaints, they are a professional company.
Decent job for the money
Sr. Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2018
Working hours were my issue when employed there. Long days including weekends. However, the people, and culture were exceptional. Always willing to help. This job had many hats at the time, and was extremely fun. However, weekends were quiet as you are the only one there. I hear the job has changed a lot since I was there last. I liked this job a lot, and the company. Wished I had more opportunities to grow with the company. Some employees have been there for 20+ years. Hotel visits were a bonus and lots of fun.
Pros
Hotel showcases, benefits, working conditions, tools to do work, fun
Cons
long hours when I worked there. however 3 days off.
Great coworkers
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 8, 2018
I was hired for a dedicated account and it was purchased by another company so we had no word on our job security for several months. People were leaving the account including the only in-house agent, supervisor so I accepted a new position elsewhere.
Pros
Helpful coworkers.
Cons
Sunshine days and no pay.
Great atmosphere
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 21, 2018
This was one of my favorite jobs. The culture was very good for the most part. Near the end of my employment here, there were many changes happening that scared me out of the company.

I would absolutely go back if the right opportunity arose.

Very caring team that relies on each other in a very positive way.
Pros
Travel perks, decent benefits
Cons
Lack of growth, ambition is met with passiveness
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2018
The employees are the greatest asset in CWT, everyone is so willing to do their best! The executive team is doing their best to set direction. The company can benefit from stronger HR policies and leadership coaching.
Poor experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
This company does not reward hard work and knows no loyalty to its employees. Poor management, self-serving and without any real zeal for enhancement of employee involvement, run away.
Controller at Carlson Wagonlit
Controller (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 30, 2018
My position with Carlson Wagonlit was great! I managed the company for the owner who was not there too often. He trusted me to manage the staff and run the business.
Pros
Face of company
Cons
No advancement potential
Low Pay and management does not care
International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 27, 2018
Carlson Wagonlit is no longer one of the best place to work with. All they care is profit and no appreciation for their employees. Management will cut your hours to meet their budget and lay off
people.
Pros
Cons
stay away from them
Fun-Inviting-Busy & Great Learning Environment
Travel Counselor & Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 23, 2018
If I could, I would still be employed with CWT~ The Management, my Team Members, the Clients & the list goes on as to why I love this company~ I learned so much while I was with CWT & made & still maintain the best friendships I could ask for~
enjoyed this time working as a travel agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 28, 2018
rewarding job but times have changed so much with the computer booking of airline and hotels and vacation packages from home and the changing rate that they pay the booking agents its not as profitable as it once was. This office has closed.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
no longer profitable due to home computers
Corporate changes damaged a perfect balance.
CORPORATE TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2018
What had been a perfect atmosphere and a well-run office changed to a stressful, unhappy place. The account knew things had changed at the company and decided to go back to American Express.
Pros
Outstanding leadership when I started
Cons
Poor leadership when I left
This is bs that I have to write this
Development Team Lead / ScrumMaster (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 20, 2018
Stop making us write 100 reviews just to post our resumes. This is not what someone wants to do when they have recently had to switch careers or jobs.
Never Know
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 18, 2018
Finding necessary information to complete tasks is horrible. One has to guess that the group that they contact is the correct group to perform the job AND will care enough to get the job done.
The management is continually changing, and the lack of stability causes undue stress about job security and company direction.
Poor working conditions, do not care about employees welfare
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 16, 2018
Did not provide salary increase for over 2 years. Upper management do not care for employee welfare. Do not encourage employee advancement.

Lost all will to work for such a company. Not fun
Pros
Cons
Poor healthcare
It was a fun workplace
Emergency Travel Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2018
I was one of the top agents in a group of people that were rated the best of the best within the company. We took care of various Fortune 500 accounts handeling any problems that arose regarding travel arrangements.
Fine Company
Director, Account Management (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 11, 2018
CWT is fine company and I was treated fairly over my tenure with them. Would recommend CWT to anyone interested in the corporate travel management world.
Unprofessional
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  SCJune 29, 2018
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
Don't ask for help because you may get yelled at, ignored, or threatened by other co-workers
WHAT I LEARNED
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
the office I worked at has never had training on customer service because they Talked down to Customers-argued and fought in front of customers among each other Argued with clients -Very unprofessional!!
MANAGEMENT
VERY DISALLUSIONED
When threatened if you go to management well they put you in a conference call with all the abusive co-workers in the office and being that I was new -cut throat mentalities, lying, and degrading conference cal-RESIGNED the next day and am very happy about that!!
WORKPLACE CULTURE
STRESS STRESS AND MORE STRESS-I got hives just thinking about going to this location
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB
The training process is awful- They have training over the phone and internet and if you ask questions they cut you short in order to get the training done super quick so they can throw you out into the environment feeling as if you have been hit by a bus!!
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB
Helping the clients
Pros
Very Busy environment, The Clients, Some Benefits
Cons
Non-Existent Team Work, Management cares only for numbers, Customer Service is unprofessional
was a consultant for this company
CICS Systems Programmer and DB2 DBA - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2018
I liked working for this company as a consultant from Computer Horizons only stayed about a year as my wifw finsihed grad school at
University of Minnesota
Pros
flex time
Cons
Senior International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 30, 2018
Management was helpful and kind. Fast paced work environment that fostered team work. Good travel benefits, and good company to work for. Nice that they have options to work from home.
Pros
ability to work from home
Over the top Micro management
Corporate Government Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 24, 2018
CWT wants top notch service but is not willing to pay for it. Management and policies constantly changing with additional work requirements with no additional compensation. Micro management was over the top. Could not voice complaints or question policies without retaliation. Last policy I had an issue with was could not place a client on hold at all, not to take a sip of water or cough, had to mute client. Could NEVER use after call to complete work. Not realistic about how work could be performed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight