Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

enjoyed this time working as a travel agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 28, 2018
rewarding job but times have changed so much with the computer booking of airline and hotels and vacation packages from home and the changing rate that they pay the booking agents its not as profitable as it once was. This office has closed.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
no longer profitable due to home computers
Corporate changes damaged a perfect balance.
CORPORATE TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2018
What had been a perfect atmosphere and a well-run office changed to a stressful, unhappy place. The account knew things had changed at the company and decided to go back to American Express.
Pros
Outstanding leadership when I started
Cons
Poor leadership when I left
This is bs that I have to write this
Development Team Lead / ScrumMaster (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 20, 2018
Stop making us write 100 reviews just to post our resumes. This is not what someone wants to do when they have recently had to switch careers or jobs.
Never Know
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 18, 2018
Finding necessary information to complete tasks is horrible. One has to guess that the group that they contact is the correct group to perform the job AND will care enough to get the job done.
The management is continually changing, and the lack of stability causes undue stress about job security and company direction.
Poor working conditions, do not care about employees welfare
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 16, 2018
Did not provide salary increase for over 2 years. Upper management do not care for employee welfare. Do not encourage employee advancement.

Lost all will to work for such a company. Not fun
Pros
Cons
Poor healthcare
It was a fun workplace
Emergency Travel Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2018
I was one of the top agents in a group of people that were rated the best of the best within the company. We took care of various Fortune 500 accounts handeling any problems that arose regarding travel arrangements.
Fine Company
Director, Account Management (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 11, 2018
CWT is fine company and I was treated fairly over my tenure with them. Would recommend CWT to anyone interested in the corporate travel management world.
Unprofessional
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  SCJune 29, 2018
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
Don't ask for help because you may get yelled at, ignored, or threatened by other co-workers
WHAT I LEARNED
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
the office I worked at has never had training on customer service because they Talked down to Customers-argued and fought in front of customers among each other Argued with clients -Very unprofessional!!
MANAGEMENT
VERY DISALLUSIONED
When threatened if you go to management well they put you in a conference call with all the abusive co-workers in the office and being that I was new -cut throat mentalities, lying, and degrading conference cal-RESIGNED the next day and am very happy about that!!
WORKPLACE CULTURE
STRESS STRESS AND MORE STRESS-I got hives just thinking about going to this location
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB
The training process is awful- They have training over the phone and internet and if you ask questions they cut you short in order to get the training done super quick so they can throw you out into the environment feeling as if you have been hit by a bus!!
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB
Helping the clients
Pros
Very Busy environment, The Clients, Some Benefits
Cons
Non-Existent Team Work, Management cares only for numbers, Customer Service is unprofessional
was a consultant for this company
CICS Systems Programmer and DB2 DBA - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2018
I liked working for this company as a consultant from Computer Horizons only stayed about a year as my wifw finsihed grad school at
University of Minnesota
Pros
flex time
Cons
Senior International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 30, 2018
Management was helpful and kind. Fast paced work environment that fostered team work. Good travel benefits, and good company to work for. Nice that they have options to work from home.
Pros
ability to work from home
Over the top Micro management
Corporate Government Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 24, 2018
CWT wants top notch service but is not willing to pay for it. Management and policies constantly changing with additional work requirements with no additional compensation. Micro management was over the top. Could not voice complaints or question policies without retaliation. Last policy I had an issue with was could not place a client on hold at all, not to take a sip of water or cough, had to mute client. Could NEVER use after call to complete work. Not realistic about how work could be performed.
CORPORATE SUPERVISOR /TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carlson. I went through 3 accusations. Carlson was finally the last employer with that travel agency. I'm trying to get back on with them now if that tells you anything. I hope to get a at hope position with them.
Pros
Offers at home positions
Cons
Was layed off due to economy downfall but that wasn't their fault
Worked as a virtual agent from home office.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMay 16, 2018
Worked from home as a virtual agent, excellent technology to enhance productivity. Great support staff to effectively solve issues. Great support from lead agents when needed.
Pros
Very quiet to effectiviley work with clients
Cons
N/a
Carlson Travel was a good place to work
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2018
I booked alot of corporate travel on multiple accounts. I learned a great deal about myself. I can adapt to many situations. Per the different accounts that had different rules and requirements for business/corporate travel.
Training
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cold Spring, MN 56320April 17, 2018
Set trainer's schedules. Fairly compensated. Enjoyed working with the supervisors. Very easy to advance if you are interested in doing so. Relaxed professional atmosphere.
Not the best place to work
Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2018
Company is current trying to reinvent themselves but with no real vision or direction. Revolving door of leadership in all areas of the business for the past three to four years.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, supervisores no comprometidos
Jr Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalApril 4, 2018
Un día en el trabajo puede resultar altamente desgastante, debido al alto flujo de llamadas y correos electrónicos. Lamentablemente por lineamientos de la propia CWT, no es posible brindar un plus en el servicio porque no está permitido. Aprendí que no en todas las agencias de viajes se preocupan por brindar una atención brillante o dar un paso más que marque la diferencia, vaya! Muchos regaños obtuve por consentir de más al cliente, no podía siquiera extenderle un simple pase de abordar. La última dirección llegó con nuevas ideas, sin embargo la empresa está cerrando operaciones en Mexico y en 2016 comenzaron las liquidaciones, mismas que terminarán este 2018. La cultura laboral en CWT es totalmente abierta, no existe racismo de ninguna indole, lo que sí me decepcionó fué que las postulaciones de otros puestos siempre llevan favoritismos y en más de una ocasión no existió competencia, simplemente colocaron a nuevos team leaders y supervisores. Lo difícil para mí, fué que mis supervisoras no me permitieran dar lo mejor de mí, de la forma en que lo sé hacer.

Me gustó mucho formar parte de la familia CWT y el ser una pieza clave en el equipo es algo que me llena de orgullo.
Pros
Excelentes horarios escalonados, caja de ahorro, vales de despensa, bonos, reparto de utilidades, vacaciones, aguinaldo, pago puntual
Cons
El sistema de reservaciones y de correo electrónico es demasiado lento
See below
Senior Concierge Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MN 55120March 23, 2018
Since this position was a 3 yr contract and was not renewed they placed me on another account which I did feel comfortable handling. They offered minimum training. Worked with a very close bunch of co workers. They were always there to offer assistance if needed. Great bunch of agents I worked with for the three plus years I was there. My clients I spoke with called in from all over the world and very nice to work with. We did air tickets, car rentals, hotel stays, groups, cruises and tours. Very demanding, but also rewarding to know they let us know that all aspects of travel went smoothly after they returned from their trip.
Pros
Had a fantastic supervisor
Cons
24/7 operation so had many over night hours I worked
fast paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 13, 2018
Very fast paced and evolving company. The advancement options are limited though. Lack of recognition for great results. High turnover in recent years.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low salaries and lack of recognition
global company
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisMarch 11, 2018
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is a global company with offices in more than 70 countries, with a very diverse global workforce providing travel global services,
Pros
global and diverse
Cons
work life balance, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight