Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

Training
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cold Spring, MN 56320April 17, 2018
Set trainer's schedules. Fairly compensated. Enjoyed working with the supervisors. Very easy to advance if you are interested in doing so. Relaxed professional atmosphere.
Not the best place to work
Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2018
Company is current trying to reinvent themselves but with no real vision or direction. Revolving door of leadership in all areas of the business for the past three to four years.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, supervisores no comprometidos
Jr Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalApril 4, 2018
Un día en el trabajo puede resultar altamente desgastante, debido al alto flujo de llamadas y correos electrónicos. Lamentablemente por lineamientos de la propia CWT, no es posible brindar un plus en el servicio porque no está permitido. Aprendí que no en todas las agencias de viajes se preocupan por brindar una atención brillante o dar un paso más que marque la diferencia, vaya! Muchos regaños obtuve por consentir de más al cliente, no podía siquiera extenderle un simple pase de abordar. La última dirección llegó con nuevas ideas, sin embargo la empresa está cerrando operaciones en Mexico y en 2016 comenzaron las liquidaciones, mismas que terminarán este 2018. La cultura laboral en CWT es totalmente abierta, no existe racismo de ninguna indole, lo que sí me decepcionó fué que las postulaciones de otros puestos siempre llevan favoritismos y en más de una ocasión no existió competencia, simplemente colocaron a nuevos team leaders y supervisores. Lo difícil para mí, fué que mis supervisoras no me permitieran dar lo mejor de mí, de la forma en que lo sé hacer.

Me gustó mucho formar parte de la familia CWT y el ser una pieza clave en el equipo es algo que me llena de orgullo.
Pros
Excelentes horarios escalonados, caja de ahorro, vales de despensa, bonos, reparto de utilidades, vacaciones, aguinaldo, pago puntual
Cons
El sistema de reservaciones y de correo electrónico es demasiado lento
See below
Senior Concierge Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MN 55120March 23, 2018
Since this position was a 3 yr contract and was not renewed they placed me on another account which I did feel comfortable handling. They offered minimum training. Worked with a very close bunch of co workers. They were always there to offer assistance if needed. Great bunch of agents I worked with for the three plus years I was there. My clients I spoke with called in from all over the world and very nice to work with. We did air tickets, car rentals, hotel stays, groups, cruises and tours. Very demanding, but also rewarding to know they let us know that all aspects of travel went smoothly after they returned from their trip.
Pros
Had a fantastic supervisor
Cons
24/7 operation so had many over night hours I worked
fast paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 13, 2018
Very fast paced and evolving company. The advancement options are limited though. Lack of recognition for great results. High turnover in recent years.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low salaries and lack of recognition
global company
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisMarch 11, 2018
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is a global company with offices in more than 70 countries, with a very diverse global workforce providing travel global services,
Pros
global and diverse
Cons
work life balance, benefits
industry leading company for worldwide travel and strategic meetings management
Group Counselor/Operations coordinator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Global leaders with a global view. Looking to be ahead of everyone else providing new avenues to streamline corporate as well as meetings and events travel worldwide.
no problems
Corporate Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
call center environment, management was amenable to scheduling conficts and possibilities for advancement, with relocation. i had no problems while working there
Good benefits
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Taking calls for travel requests, booking international reservations. Making changes as needed. Management was hands on. Workplace was alright, did not have a lot to offer in the particular office.
Pros
40 hour work week. Paid time off
it was fine
Travel agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2018
another opportunity to further my training and background in the travel industry. i was grateful for the opportunities provided by working in different departments.
Wonderful part time position while I was raising my young children. (at that time)
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2018
Good experience overall -I learned a lot about sales as we were a store front agency. I was responsible for maintaining my sales revenue each year. I received very high praise from my client base for my dedication to seeing their vacation through from the initial booking to their return home from their dream vacation.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
They were not able to offer me full time when my children were getting older.
Worked in a variety of departments to develop job skills and career
Corporate Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 12, 2018
This company was an established corporate travel company for years. It had the best incentives and bonus. Their management team was strong and their corporate training was solid.
Good Place to work
Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2018
as most "Agile" shops dev teams were pretty Agile but leadership and other departments (the Business department for example) did not have a good support toward Agile methodology.
Pros
great flexibility, work from home two days a week
Cons
lack of understanding and support toward Agile
fast paced call center environment
Branch Manager and VIP Special Services (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 19, 2017
managing branch operations was great. upper management support was always available. office shut down and was not offered options due to Travel environment at the time.
Good work/life balance
Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 18, 2017
Decent place to work. Management very understanding of family obligations. We can plan your priority list for the most part. If client or manager needs something you might need to adjust.
Pros
I work remotely
Cons
Pay was average.
Cwt
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work, smart people with common goal to improve services for our clients and internal process. Great benefits.
continued change to stay completive in the travel industry
Pros
Resources and trainng to do your job
Cons
Changes come fast with all ready a full plate
Great company to work for
Travel agent - File Finisher (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNDecember 17, 2017
I worked at CARLSON for 34 years. I would definitely go back to work there. Fast paced company, great benefits. Hours can be flexible. I was able to work at home. Co-workers were great to work with also
Lots of Lay offs threatened
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
I am sure as long as CWT has been in business, they would by now have a better guess at the need for employees. They pay is good. The benefits are good.
Pros
free lunch some days
Cons
lay offs
Was Great, CWT 3.0 is not working though
Dedicated Account Full Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 2, 2017
When I started with CWT everything was great. Got plenty of hours, felt like there was advancement opportunities, great culture. Now, Cwt 3.0,they are cutting hours like crazy, no raise last year, I really feel like I am stuck in the same position, the teams are so busy they can't afford to lose any agent to promotions or lateral moves. If it went back to how it was, it would be a great place to work. As of now, it's a mess.
n/a
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 16, 2017
Great opportunity for fair pay and fast paced environment. You will not be bored at work when you work for Carlson WagonLit. From day 1 you will receive benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight