Carlton Bates Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2018
low pay. Sales gets all the benefits. A good old boy culture. No raises. No advancement. Poorly managed. No training. Lack of appreciation for employees.
Pros
Cons
Buddy system.
Carlton Bates
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2014
Carlton Bates lead me to believe I was going to get promoted for about 6 months before I discovered there was no promotion. After putting in my two weeks notice they made the remainder of my time miserable by making me file in a poorly air conditioned unfinished area for an entire day. After completing in a day what they claimed would take two weeks, they asked me to return to my regular position quoting customers, however, they stripped me of all the necessities to do so. This made my job impossible.
Pros
Benefits, Unmonitored lunch breaks, etc
Cons
Poor management
A positive, fun environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
Working at Carlton Bates has been a wonderful experience. I formed bonds with the inside sales representatives and created in depth solutions to further assist their customers.
I learned so much more about working reception and use of general business language. The internal company software was very technical and was always a learning process, and my skills in Word and Excel improved throughout the years. I loved being the professional face that people see upon walking in the front door. It was important that the customer's initial image of the company was friendly and hard working.
For the most part my co-workers were very friendly and worked very well together. There was a sense of family and willing to help as a team.
The hardest part was that unfortunately there was no more room to grow and expand into more abilities. After 6 years with the company it was time to shed my reception duties and move on to a full time sales support position. Upon finding out that was not available, I decided that it was time for me to move on to bigger and better avenues.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. Being the receptionist and sales support, I carried ample amounts of information and I enjoyed being the person to come to when a fellow employee was in need. The health benefits were superb and the hours and amount of lunch time was just right.
Overall, my genuine tenure with this company was enjoyable, and though I feel it is time to move on, I will always carry the wonderful learning experiences with me everywhere I go.
Pros
Hours, health benefits
Cons
No room for growth, low career worth
Great place to work if you are a driven individual
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 1, 2017
Work hard, play hard. fairly good balance in the office of both.
Sales organization, good income levels. Professional staff and management. Would recommend
carlton bates
sandy haner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 23, 2017
it was a good job. I ran the warehouse made deliveries, did the shipping and receiving, counted inventory. I was suppose to go permanent after my first year. 5 years later it never happened
Productive and fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 1, 2017
Love working for carlton bates im always on time some time gets off early.most of all i love being around the people at work. And i like the breaks that we get.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work.
Quality Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Always something new to learn.
Great co-workers.
Great management team.
Good people,terrible work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2014
I worked with some really great people but great people doesn't make for a great job.I worked in the warehouse and found it to be one of the most disorganized places I have worked.The communication is terrible and job training is poorly executed.I started during a hectic time so I thought that maybe that had to do with the lack of proper training but it didn't get any better.
Pros
A/C and heating in warehouse
Cons
Poor communication, bad management
Carlton-bates not a bad place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2014
Its a steady job, as long as you work and stay on task its not so bad.
Productive and small,peace enviromet
Cable Builder (Former Employee) –  Austin TxNovember 20, 2014
Everyday had an assignment, each employee worked with different techniques but desire to accomplish their work on time. Sometimes we had to work in a group as a team, which I really enjoyed with every single co-worker, we all get along and never had a problem with no one. I learned what they do, I had no idea how to do their work at the beginning, it was new, but not difficult, I know that is one of my best skills. I do get along, I learn fast, I am self- motivated woman who desires to be everyday better by learning new and productive things. There was not such hard thing in this company, because i was freshwoman who had no job experience before.
Decent pace.
Lift Operator Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 15, 2014
I spent a typical day alone. Which was fine. There was always so much drama going on in the warehouse.
northeast OK
Outside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northeast OKNovember 24, 2013
Providing Products for the Industrial industry

Value added services

MRO

OEM

Motors

Wire & Cable
An ok place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2014
I would deal with deliverys and recieving , pull orders for shipment to go out an don the product line also sometimes.
Pros
team work when possible
Cons
lack of worker
learned how sells persons work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2015
Answering e-mail from customers asking for pricing and available parts. Talking to customer on the phone to see if I could help them with what ever project they where working on. Calling the different suppliers or distributors that the parts came from to get available or pricing from them and lead time to answer my customers.

I learned how sells works and what to do and not do.

My co-worker where great people to work with. They had no problem helping me find out how to do things

The hardest part was having to tell a customer that a part was not going to get there when they needed it or that I could no longer find the part that they wanted.

All the different people I worked with.
Pros
people i meet and learning the different parts sales