Carmazzi Global Solutions Employee Reviews

You'll be sorry...
VHR (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 14, 2018
You will not be paid for up to 120 days after completing your work--NOT net 60 like the contract says. You will have to repeatedly ask accounts payable for information on your paycheck, and it takes a week to get an answer. The schedule they send out to VHRs showing payments every 2 weeks is completely misleading. They will spread out your paychecks over such an extended period that your monthly income will be minimal. After a few months, they will owe you thousands of dollars. Saying that they pay "100 percent" is small consolation when your job is turning into financial disaster. Unless they can get their payments up to speed, (I continue to hope) I cannot recommend working for this dysfunctional company.
Pros
Cons
delayed paychecks; poor communication
Unprofessional, incompetent, takes a long time to get paid.
VHR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LouisianaJune 25, 2018
The schedulers are completely incompetent, accounts payable takes days to reply and when they do reply they’re very rude. I did hearings for them in January and half of February. I quit when I wasn’t getting paid in a timely manner. My last hearing I completed was in February and I did not get paid for it until MAY. This company is a joke. Save yourself the headache and stay away.
Pros
Cons
Takes an eternity to get paid, IF you get paid.
POOR PAY and Communication
VHR (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 10, 2018
After being a VHR for 10 years, this company took over Jan 1, 2018, and has not paid VHR since Feb. A few that work for less will get a check, but if take what they offered, your considered 'over paid'. And I am writing this review in June. They send emails with excuses, no one ever calls you back. Poor across the board!
The work is wonderful, but that is set up by the government, not Carmazzi. But you could end up working for free! Beware. Read job boards and other reviews. It happening across the US
Cons
little to no pay
Don't take any new projects, you will not be paid! Company is heading for bankruptcy.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 27, 2018
I have a longstanding business relationship with this company, dating back to 2006, and once a reliable and trustworthy company is now in a very poor and uncertain state. Some of my overdue invoices have not been paid for 120-140 days and I still don't know when and whether I will be paid. Nobody responds to emails and nobody picks up the phone. So don't take any projects from them because you probably will never see the money.
Pros
Project Managers are nice
Cons
poor management, non-payer
Avoid at all costs!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMay 24, 2018
They pay poorly. Don't expect to get hired by them when the government messes up and they just get rid of you. Compensation for a 30+ min drive was unreasonable. SSA needs to dump them and go with another company.
Pros
Cons
low pay, poor treatment
BEWARE!!! This company is having financial problems!!!
VHR (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 12, 2018
This company is chronically *very* late with payments to us contractors. They refuse to give any specific answers when you inquire about the status of your pay checks. I have been trying to find out if/when my April 20th check will be sent since 4/28, and now they are past due on the May 5th check, but I cannot get anyone from payroll to respond to me. They are destroying me financially. If you need be paid on a timely and consistent basis, DO NOT sign on with them. There are investigations under way to determine what's going on with Carmazzi. It's unfortunate that they obviously bit off more then they could chew and did not have a functional business plan, when they bid on multiple hearing offices across the country. I wish I'd never signed with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor communication from the company, extremely delayed payments
Official response from Carmazzi Global Solutions
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand how frustrating delayed payments can be and we are working with SSA Officials to improve the invoice and payment process.

All VHRs working with CGS are Independent Contractors (IC) and sign an agreement to be paid for their services according to a standard 60-day payment term. They also agree to not be paid until CGS is paid by the Client. CGS has a 100% fulfillment rate in paying vendors for satisfactory services rendered. However, if an IC successfully submits their documents and a delay arises, then CGS has agreed to pay an additional 15% annual interest payment calculated in daily amounts to the balance due for services.

VHRs that provide services for SSA require ultimate flexibility with scheduling. Therefore, we strongly communicate to all applicants that this job opportunity should only be pursued for supplemental income purposes only. But we promise that every VHR who provides satisfactory services, according to our IC agreement, will be paid.

We recognize the entire process from applicant to first payment is lengthy. We are working internally and externally to shorten the credentialing, training and payment process. We appreciate your feedback. It only makes our small business perform better for our clients and contractors.

Angela & James Carmazzi
President and Vice President of CGS

Beware! Major cash flow issues!!
VHR (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 9, 2018
This company is having serious cash flow issues, which is a tell-tale sign of financial distress and bankruptcy.

Workers haven't been paid in over 60 days and people are walking off the job. The company is either about to go bankrupt or management is incompetent and does not understand that its main source of income is its contractors. If it doesn't pay its contractors, it will not survive.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
They do not pay their contractors/employees!!!
If you like to work and don’t need money is your job.
Intérpreter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2018
The managers for the interpreters are great!
Accounting is HORRIBLE, you have to beg for your pay check which is always late,( pay every 60 days , wait 90) they have a paying schedule that is not followed.
Not working for them any more, because I need the money to pay my bills.
Don’t work for them!
They are better companies.
Official response from Carmazzi Global Solutions
May 21, 2018

VHRs that provide services for SSA require ultimate flexibility with scheduling. Therefore, we strongly communicate to all applicants that this job opportunity should only be pursued for supplemental income purposes. But we promise that every VHR who provides satisfactory services, according to our IC agreement, will be paid.

Angela & James Carmazzi
President and Vice President of CGS

Terrible and cut-throat
Terrible Managment, Not Organized (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 16, 2018
This company is very unorganized. The company is in some part of California, you will never get an interview with them you just show up and totally lost on what to do. You will not get paid until after 90 days and that paycheck will not even come on time. When you try to reach out to them for things as payment you never get an answer back. My check has been incorrect many times, no apologies or anything, they lie to you all the time and make you feel like its your fault. No 401k, no paid time off, nothing. They sent you all over to other cities expecting you to work and pay for your hotels, rental cars, and incidental on hotel rooms with your own money and will not reimburse you at all. Terrible you WILL REGRET WORKING FOR THEM!!!!
Cons
Beware of working for this Company
Verbatum hearing recorder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2018
You will have to wait FOREVER to get paid, I am still waiting to be paid for January and it is now March ! Beware, this is an unorganized company that is working under a limited Government contract with a expiration date. The job is interesting but the fact you have to wait so long to get paid is ridiculous. I finally had to resign, could not afford to put gas in car and go to work to remote hearing sites any longer.
Poor Pay and Poor Training
VHR (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 20, 2018
the pay scale is poor and the training is not good at all. The people at the corporate office were nice to deal with, except for the actual head supervisor which was completely unprofessional and not understanding whatsoever. They are very unorganized as well ....
Pros
Flexible
Cons
poor pay and training
Good work, poor pay and unsure hours
Verbatim Hearing Recorder/Reporter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
The work is interesting, and is challenging to begin, however after a week or so anyone can get the hang of it. Due to the new contract much is expected of VHRs in addition to recording and note taking, so be ready to go above and beyond. the pay is less than 50% of what the previous contractors were making. Scheduling can be a hassle, but overall it is a decent job, with an enjoyable form of work.
Pros
Good work, friendly company
Cons
low pay, no benefits, sometimes poor scheduling
I like working with this company.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2017
Been working for this company for many years. The company is very helping full. They pay scale is good. They will under stand all the situations and will never yell at you. they pay mileage.
Cons
No cons
Great family oriented company!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2017
There's something different about working for a small company, I'm not just a number, they know me and care about me. I appreciate the prompt responses and accessibility to staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule, small company
Great company to work for!! It's one big happy family!!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
I have only been with the company for a couple of months, but the entire staff and team (including management) are so welcoming and helpful. Everyone helps everyone out. Not cut-throat like my last job. Great work/life balance and excellent flexibility. Coming from a big corporate job to this has been such a breath of fresh air. Highly recommend this company!!!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Flexibility, Great Colleagues, and Excellent Management
Great People, Great Place to Work!
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2017
CGS is full of dedicated, hard working individuals that seek to do their best day in and day out. I love the collaborative team environment! I've worked here for over ten years and I can tell you, it's a great place to work because of the people we get to interact with, and that includes our fantastic VHR independent contractors.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Great communication.
Flexible, Strong management leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2017
Carmazzi has been an enjoyable company to work for, flexible work schedule and the work is challenging, yet meaningful. The work-life balance makes it even better!
Pros
work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible
Great Company & Friendly Staff
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2017
I've worked for Carmazzi Global Solutions (CGS) for a little over 3 years and I can honestly say, I love it. The people I work with are outstanding individuals and always willing to help. We take great care in our recruiting process and strive to find Independent Contractors (IC's) who are open and willing to take on adventures in the VHR and Onsite Interpreting fields. I enjoy connecting with each of our IC;s and getting to know them on a personal level. Contacting IC's for possible assignments is fulfilling to me.

CGS Management looks to its employees as teammates. That is something I really appreciate. We are a team here at CGS, and as a team, we are all here to help each other out.

I have to admit, I love what I do.
Pros
The people are outstanding.
Cons
It does take time to go through the governments VHR process, which I wish we could control. But it is worth the wait.
Customer Focused & Independent Contractors Valued
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2017
Great team of positive people! Very focused on exceeding the customers expectations and building great relationships with the Independent Contractors. Fair and honest.
Pros
Great Communication, Friendly Staff
Nice place
Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 25, 2015
The ladies that work with this company is very nice and attentive. They always call and keep you up to date.
I enjoy how professional they are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carmazzi Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7