Carmel Terrace

Working at Carmel Terrace: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Fun if u like working with old people

Waitstaff job basic problem solving skills. Just a foodservice provider . Hardest part dealing with people. Two morning shifts. Enjoyable part is communication.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lots of walking and standing

Beautiful facility

Carmel Terrace is a great place to work!Staff treats each other with dignity and respect, the facility is small so staff knows each other as well as the residents know each other.I see the residents always happy doing activities. when you see the residents in the halls and they see someone walking by and they greet you they love to make small talk!!I am happy to help the staff with any questions and concerns they might have.as I am part of the Human Resources Department in the facility.

Carmel Terrace insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and fun workplace

The management team is approachable and supportive. The employees are warm and work hard. The facility is beautiful. There is a strong focus on quality care for the residents.

Official response from Carmel Terrace

August 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Carmel Terrace. We appreciate your feedback and agree that all of our employees work hard and the community is beautiful! Thank you for serving on our team and contributing to quality care for our residents.

Can you take it?

Residents are mostly wonderful, lots of dementia tho. Director is ineffective - don’t bother bringing up an issue doesn’t care Nuns are in charge and can be very mean. Don’t work here unless it’s for short term If you have to. you’d make more money serving in restaurant with less issues. Residents can be mean too depends on section.

Pros

residents mostly. some nice coworkers but some not

Cons

Pay is lousy staff can be mean and so can nuns and residents

very bad place to work

worse management I have seen for years. Management refuses to realize problems in food service and rate of pay.Number of people on the floor and number of people to feed. not organized at all

Pros

nice residents

Cons

poor working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carmel Terrace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Carmel Terrace Reviews by Location

Learn about Carmel Terrace in popular locations

Carmel Terrace reviews by popular job title

• Carmel Terrace