Carmeuse Lime & Stone

Carmeuse Lime & Stone Employee Reviews

Just like every job it has its ups and downs. life on repeat. surrounded by a bunch of good employees but there is also a bunch of dead weight that is kept around
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
advancement may be a challenge
Carmeuse is a great place to work with many opportunities to advance if you put in the hard work. Salary and benefits are competitive in the area. I enjoy coming to work each day and value my coworkers.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Lean
As a whole the company is ok. But the winchester location is filled with favoritism andBackstabbing culture. The management basically do nothing and the inmates run the asylum. Supervisors bad mouth everyone, have pushed out older men with 30+ years and got rid of good employee so they can hire there buddy'sThe pay is decent, work-life balance is ok. Its dirty, and in the elements, but it's at your own pace bc management is clueless and nowhere to be found.
Pros
No management
Cons
Low Morale, favortism, no leadership
Was one of probably 20 Temp workers who were given the false hope of becoming a full time employee at the Clear Brook location. Worked long, hard months putting up with the rude Forman (plural) treating us like idiot temp workers who shouldn't be there. Granted some of us shouldn't have been there do to lack of being safety minded. Every time us temps would ask about becoming full time it was either "oh its coming, just be patient" or "I'll get back to you on that." We found out that we were only there while they downscaled the sister plant and transferred all the full timers to our location. Management slyly told us at a meeting neglecting to tell us temps that our jobs were in jeopardy until specifically asked about it. They only said it was a possibility and kept us in limbo for a good month and a half. Some advice for Carmuese; if you need contract workers with a non permanent contract length, hire contract workers who know the parameters of the contract.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bait and Switch Company
Great place and a good group of people to work with. Long hours, good pay and benefits. A dangerous environment to work but the company overall fosters a safe workplace and culture.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I was trained as a Lab Tech here. I really learned a lot and enjoyed working with my co-workers. I liked the rotating schedule and all the time off I had a month. If we didn’t move I wouldn’t have left this job.
Pros
Days Off; 12 Hour shifts; training; Co-workers, Pay
Cons
Great ping pong table! Great employee benefits like....swimming pool, in house gym and smoothie bar. Close to the port where you can fish. Company outings are second to none.
Not a bad Job but not the best, Hard if you have a family they want all your time. Literally you would work swing shift 7am-3pm 3pm-11pm & 11pm-7am(Doesn't sound bad until you go from 4 days straight on midnights straight to day shift) the co workers are so racist to the point where I'm surprised HR isn't involved. After seeing many temp workers go in and out from this place it doesn't surprise me why. I feel bad for anyone who would consider this place a Career, This place needs immediate investigation. Sorry Not Sorry.
There are certain bosses that will help you and work with you other ones only care about themselves and making theirselves look better. It’s a place that cares a lot about looks and people.
Poor management,Bad culture,frequent purges of whole depts. or sites.Toothless HR dept.that sides with company ,no matter what, in terrible situations.Thankless,You are just a number.Added workloads/titles,no pay raises.Total disconnect with management.Very little support from others in company.Great ,productive workers are not rewarded.
Pros
Generous PTO, if you can take it.Decent Benefits, Decent pay
Cons
See review!
I believe Carmeuse Lime and Stone offers good pay. They do have great medical, dental and vision benefits. However they have a very poor culture and disappointing management.
If Your not related to the locals You never last at this company, Very dirty working environment. They DON'T fix any of their trucks or tankers. ABSOLUTELY NO MAINTENANCE on any of their equipment and the so called mechanic they there only shows up to work half the time. I did exactly what SO CALLED MANAGEMENT told Me to do then they WROTE ME up. SO I RESIGNED. ONE of the WORST COMPANIES I ever worked for. SO MUCH NEPOTISM at this Chatsworth, GA. Terminal. Don't WASTE YOUR TIME.
I was only an intern there but everyone was very helpful to me if I had any questions. If they didn't have the answer to my question they would point me to someone who might.
better have another job on the back burner, if u work in the lime plaint better have tuff skin it will eat u up. upper management likes to fire people, lots of different things to do if you get bored doing the something
Place is crazy , work 6 or 7 days a week required , no home life , management is terrible , not treated well as an employee. Would not recommend working here unless you absolutely have to.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No home life
Start working at 7 till 5. hauled rock all day everyday. Learned how a rock plant operates and what to watch out for when plant is operating. Learned to always make safety a priority. Workplace was friendly and everyone got along. Hardest part was driving on pot hole ridden roads. Enjoyable part was being able to drive all day and then go home. Workplace was also very fast going and productive
Lots of hours! Many midnight shifts. Shift changes in the middle of the week, some with only 2 hours notice. Lots of weekend work as well. I've worked many sundays in the electrical department.
Management don't care about employees. Employees are not allowed to have home life outside of work. There is to much politics and rule breaking and bending allowed for some.
Started with plenty of opportunities for advancement. However, upon reaching management level status, job security becomes uncertain based upon management's approval or disapproval.
Pros
pay/wages
Cons
management team
Carmeuse is a professional environment filled with professionals that work there. Every person I worked with was very skilled at what they did and it showed in the products, how well the company was run and the culture.
Pros
Cons
Upward mobilitiy
If you like mining for lime stone and then processing into lime... this is your place to be. Located on the Ohio river lime was shipped via barges to respective plants along the river.