Carmeuse Lime & Stone

Carmeuse Lime & Stone Employee Reviews

United States80 reviews

plantbenefitworkerlotgoodyearmanagementplace

Hard work and long hrs.

Lots of maintenance and clean up. 60+ hrs a week and swing shifts along with working weekends and holidays. Management is pretty good about explaining the tasks at hand and will help with any questions or problems we may come across, but sometimes short on getting the right tools for the job. Safety is always a priority and plenty of people willing to help with questions or jobs that need it. The hardest part of the job is just the long work weeks and weekends, and holidays we have to work. No holidays off, and with working weekends as well, I miss a lot of family functions and kids games due to the long hrs, but I can't blame the company fully just because we're undermanned, and they do hire a lot, but people just won't stay long, so it's up to the ones that have been there the longest to pick up the slack and that takes a toll on everyone. But I work with some of the best people around and that makes the job a lot better

Great Company

This is a great company with great people. Competitive benefits and pay, management is supportive and opportunities to grow. Dirty environment but worth it for the people and job.

Carmeuse Lime & Stone insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good ol boys club

Really not a bad place to work if you dont mind being stuck on an off shift. The ones promoted are good friends of thoes in power. The pay and benifits are good.

Pros

Great pay and banifits

Cons

You will be on nights for years and promotions are not based on qualifications

Dont do it turn around and run.

Pay is good but besides that everything else about the company sucks. Everyone can run the machine better then the next. Alot of high school drama. Wouldnt got back.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Good company to work for! Provided me and my family with good pay and benefits. Office people were very good never had trouble with pay or any other issues! We all worked for the same goals and everyone chipped in as a team! I would have no problem recommending Carmeuse as a good place to work.

Pros

Pay benefits atmosphere

Cons

Dusty

Great place to work. Excellent culture!

Carmeuse is a great place to work with many opportunities to advance if you put in the hard work. Salary and benefits are competitive in the area. I enjoy coming to work each day and value my coworkers.

Pros

Culture, Compensation, Benefits

Cons

Lean

Good Pay

Was one of probably 20 Temp workers who were given the false hope of becoming a full time employee at the Clear Brook location. Worked long, hard months putting up with the rude Forman (plural) treating us like idiot temp workers who shouldn't be there. Granted some of us shouldn't have been there do to lack of being safety minded. Every time us temps would ask about becoming full time it was either "oh its coming, just be patient" or "I'll get back to you on that." We found out that we were only there while they downscaled the sister plant and transferred all the full timers to our location. Management slyly told us at a meeting neglecting to tell us temps that our jobs were in jeopardy until specifically asked about it. They only said it was a possibility and kept us in limbo for a good month and a half. Some advice for Carmuese; if you need contract workers with a non permanent contract length, hire contract workers who know the parameters of the contract.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Bait and Switch Company

The best group of co workers

Great place and a good group of people to work with. Long hours, good pay and benefits. A dangerous environment to work but the company overall fosters a safe workplace and culture.

Enjoyed being a Lab Tech here.

I was trained as a Lab Tech here. I really learned a lot and enjoyed working with my co-workers. I liked the rotating schedule and all the time off I had a month. If we didn’t move I wouldn’t have left this job.

Pros

Days Off; 12 Hour shifts; training; Co-workers, Pay

Ups And Downs

Just like every job it has its ups and downs. life on repeat. surrounded by a bunch of good employees but there is also a bunch of dead weight that is kept around

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

advancement may be a challenge

Productive and fun place to work

Great ping pong table! Great employee benefits like....swimming pool, in house gym and smoothie bar. Close to the port where you can fish. Company outings are second to none.

A typical Day

Not a bad Job but not the best, Hard if you have a family they want all your time. Literally you would work swing shift 7am-3pm 3pm-11pm & 11pm-7am(Doesn't sound bad until you go from 4 days straight on midnights straight to day shift) the co workers are so racist to the point where I'm surprised HR isn't involved. After seeing many temp workers go in and out from this place it doesn't surprise me why. I feel bad for anyone who would consider this place a Career, This place needs immediate investigation. Sorry Not Sorry.

Bosses

There are certain bosses that will help you and work with you other ones only care about themselves and making theirselves look better. It’s a place that cares a lot about looks and people.

Depends on your position/site

Poor management,Bad culture,frequent purges of whole depts. or sites.Toothless HR dept.that sides with company ,no matter what, in terrible situations.Thankless,You are just a number.Added workloads/titles,no pay raises.Total disconnect with management.Very little support from others in company.Great ,productive workers are not rewarded.

Pros

Generous PTO, if you can take it.Decent Benefits, Decent pay

Cons

See review!

Very dirty work enviroment with great benefits

I believe Carmeuse Lime and Stone offers good pay. They do have great medical, dental and vision benefits. However they have a very poor culture and disappointing management.

Very POOR Managment.

If Your not related to the locals You never last at this company, Very dirty working environment. They DON'T fix any of their trucks or tankers. ABSOLUTELY NO MAINTENANCE on any of their equipment and the so called mechanic they there only shows up to work half the time. I did exactly what SO CALLED MANAGEMENT told Me to do then they WROTE ME up. SO I RESIGNED. ONE of the WORST COMPANIES I ever worked for. SO MUCH NEPOTISM at this Chatsworth, GA. Terminal. Don't WASTE YOUR TIME.

Very encouraging atmosphere

I was only an intern there but everyone was very helpful to me if I had any questions. If they didn't have the answer to my question they would point me to someone who might.

aways something to do, great place to learn safety

better have another job on the back burner, if u work in the lime plaint better have tuff skin it will eat u up. upper management likes to fire people, lots of different things to do if you get bored doing the something

Not a good employer

Place is crazy , work 6 or 7 days a week required , no home life , management is terrible , not treated well as an employee. Would not recommend working here unless you absolutely have to.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

No home life

What I learned and what knowledge I’ve gained

Start working at 7 till 5. hauled rock all day everyday. Learned how a rock plant operates and what to watch out for when plant is operating. Learned to always make safety a priority. Workplace was friendly and everyone got along. Hardest part was driving on pot hole ridden roads. Enjoyable part was being able to drive all day and then go home. Workplace was also very fast going and productive

Work=Life

Lots of hours! Many midnight shifts. Shift changes in the middle of the week, some with only 2 hours notice. Lots of weekend work as well. I've worked many sundays in the electrical department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carmeuse Lime & Stone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight