Carmeuse Lime & Stone Employee Reviews for Production Manager

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Poor
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GA 30705February 3, 2018
I worked for 21 years for Carmeuse Lime and Stone. It was a very cut throat political place to work. I was salary and worked no less than 50 hours a week. Very stressful and management was always harsh on the people. Even though I was part of the management team, I stood up for the people that worked for me and upper management was always upset over taking the workers side.
Great people, strong safety values, customer focused environment. Employee valuation is lacking.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAJanuary 31, 2017
The company is very focused on customer satisfaction, and the product quality is probably the strongest in the region. They also have a great safety program, though there are a lot of "initiatives", seems whatever is popular is introduced as the newest thing for the company. Carmeuse has a strong focus on customer satisfaction and relationships, but they do not value the individual employee enough. There are frequent layoff's & management reorganizations regionally and locally. The company has high expectations of their employees, and sometimes expect too much. Expect long work hours if salaried.
Overall, this was a decent company to work for, but as an employee, you should be prepared for unexpected changes in organization. Just know going in that Carmeuse will do the right thing for Carmeuse, even if it means an unexpected layoff.
Pros
Good compensation, strong safety culture
Cons
Frequent layoffs and management reorganizations.