Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh Management reviews

Carnegie Museums were an ok place to work
SECURITY SERGEANT/OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 4, 2019
The work at the museums were very slow paste and boring at times. Management changes very often because people find that its not a place to advance at all.
Professional workplace with room for advancement
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2018
I worked at Carnegie Museums for several years. I didn't particularly enjoy the job (the nature of the job wasn't for me, so that's not a commentary on the organization itself), but the culture is good, I liked everyone I worked with, and it was fulfilling working with people who actually enjoyed and believed in the cause they were working for.

I will say that while I was there, my department was restructured at least three separate times due to disagreements from the top about how to run the department (and because the President of the organization "left" after a disagreement with the board). This didn't lead to layoffs, but it did make for an incredibly confusing system of reporting and task management. Everyone took this confusion in stride, however, and though that confusion was frustrating it rarely limited my ability to do my job thanks to the great management coming from the rest of the department.
Pros
Professional, great cause, good benefits
Cons
Structural changes, disorganized organization
Great for retirees and people looking for other work
Security and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
The work is unfulfilling, you don't have any real idea at which post you will be on any given day, and the most supervisors have their own favorite people resulting in more deserving employees being passed over for training and better positions. Most coworkers and almost all of the people in other departments at the museum are great, and the biggest reason I put up with a boring workday and low pay for as long as I did.
Pros
Coworkers, lots of breaks
Cons
Aching feet, poor treatment by museum leadership
Laid back and is always interesting
Andy Warhol Museum Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2017
Wonderful company. You always get surrounded by New and exciting art exibits. Management is wonderful and everyone is friendly. The perks of being and employee are great
Sales Job
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2017
I like it because everyone is friendly and you could advance to management. What I like most was that I got to go to the museums for free. It is fun .
Diverse environment with respectful visitors
Server (Current Employee) –  pittsburgh,paJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work consists of breakfast preparation, stocking snacks and refreshments and preparing for lunch and clean up. While at this work I learned how to speak to tourists and people of other cultures. I also learned how to multitask. The management at the Museum wasn't too in touch with staff and the organization wasn't to my liking. My co-workers are an enjoyable group of individuals with a work ethic that helps to get the job done. The most difficult part of this job is the clean up and closing aspect due to the cash drops needing to be performed at the register. The most enjoyable part of working at Carnegie Museum is satisfying the visitors and getting to interact with people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Corporate Non-Profit
Security Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2013
The Security Guard is at the bottom of this latter. little respect offered, lots of respect expected.