Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Found 1,314 reviews matching the search See all 1,438 reviews
nice job
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 19, 2019
avg call center job, 15% discount on cruises , people call in for reasons they could look at on the website ... not a bad gig overall , not at all lol
Fun to work for
(CVS) Carnival Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) –  HomeFebruary 18, 2019
Working with Carnival Cruise Lines is a great experience. Everything the company teaches you is straight forward. If you are into sales and you would like to work with a well known company high on demand. I recommend you check them out.
Fun company to work with!
Performer (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2019
I was a performer on the ships, so my experience with Carnival is probably a little bit different than other people who have worked there. But it's still a great place to work! Everyone, including me, loved working on the ship.
Pros
Meals, lodging, exploring the world, meeting new people.
Cons
Long contracts, cabin-fever, no cell service.
Productive and Fun work place
FIT Service/Group Service/Guest Access (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 12, 2019
My typical day at work was getting to the building, getting my breakfast from the down stairs cafe, going up stairs to the office saying good morning to my manager and fellow co-workers and getting ready to clock in and start receiving calls from the guests. The management team was always very fun, fair and supportive. I connected very well with them all and if it weren't for them, my daughter's godmother would not have had the opportunity to also get employed by carnival as well. The working environment is overall very fun and i was very blessed to have had the opportunity to work for the company. I would have never left if i didn't have to relocate for personal reasons. The hardest part of the job honestly was leaving, there wasn't really anything that i couldn't do while i was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the guests always find the vacation of their dreams.
Pros
Three mini breaks and a half hour lunch
Cons
N/a
Customer service was vital (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Helpful management at lucky times.
Customer service is vital, nothing else matters.
Great team work between staff members.
The most enjoyable part is travelling the world.
Strict health and safety regulation.
Pros
free food and cleaning
Cons
too long hours
Fun
Sales (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 4, 2019
We are a Fun Ship company. The environment of people I work with make working here so much fun. There are days when it is busy and there are days when you can take a moment and wait for the next guest that wants to sail.
Suspended Reality
Soloist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2019
I had a much easier time than most people who work on cruises. My job was very demanding vocally but not as much in other aspects. I highly recommend this to fellow entertainers
I love the Energy Great Vibes !
Inbound Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Always busy ! Great company who really cares for its employees . Great ways to create your clients for life who will continue to use your services as a Vacation Planner when you make that personal connection. When your able to send that family on a wonderful cruise where they call you to let you that it was a an Awesome Vacation ! That feels Great !
Great work enviroment
crane operator and driver (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 28, 2019
Check your equipment if everything you need is there and do all safety checks. Also learned to work in a team but also be able to work alone. I enjoyed the challenges because I learned a lot from them and loved working with people from other countries.
Pros
travelling the world
Cons
work on four hour shifts
More fun at carnival cruiseline
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Improve the system of management,the way how to manage the area and staff,the of work a lot of work not belong on my job description so hope my next company is not like here
Pros
Free food accomudation
Cons
lock of sleep
Would not recommend.
Manager (Former Employee) –  OnboardJanuary 24, 2019
Would not recommend working here as their safety culture is largely for show and managers are often incentivized to cheat compliance.

While you are provided room and board on the ships, the money and benefits given to shoreside employees are far above the quality of benefits to those shipboard.
Assistant Gift Shop Manager
Assistant Gift shop Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 23, 2019
Working for Carnival Cruise Line has been a life changing experience.
I spent 2 years on different ships sailing from US ports throughout the whole Caribbean and working in the retail shops onboard.
I have learnt most of the work in here and I have faced so many challenges involving time, people (customers), sales, deliveries, targets, rapports and so much more while sustaining my personal life as well on the other hand. Forever grateful for all.
Pros
Free food and living expenses, traveling the world.
All for fun
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2019
I worked with carnival cruise last 7 yers in kitchen department as demi chef. its great experience. But i left carnival beacuse i didnt find growth & pay also very less compare to other company & department.
Pros
Free lunche
Cons
Short break
if you are hardworker and like to travel is your job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
If you want to see the city in your free time you really cant spend from 1 to 4 hr outside is depend from the positione you have on bord. I was working more then 12 hr per day and sometime the only think I wanted is sleep.
Sales
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I loved working for carnival the employees got along and the pay was good, you received raise and incentives, some guest calling in wasn't always pleasant but we learned how to take control of the calls and help was there if we need it, sometimes the hardest part was when the customers knew what they wanted so no matter how you tried to up sell or offer something else, they wasn't going for it.
Pros
Benefits, pay, employees and traveling
Increase your confidence
Photographer, Photo Gallery Manager, Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Extremely fun and an eye opener as you get to know more cultures and learn to respect every single person on this Earth.

A very nice experience for me as it thought me to become a better person and very grateful for whom I am today.
Effective and productive workplace for every employee
Finance Specialist - Fleet Finance (Current Employee) –  Florida, MAJanuary 4, 2019
There is a priceless time to work for Carnival so thi's great chance to improve professional skills in different ares. I learned a great deal in that role that served me well over the next time. Some of the things I admire about company are ability to learn how to manage troubleshooting situations, start to feel confident and work around proffessionals only.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Supervisor de Casino (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2018
Trabajo bastante arduo, las horas de trabajo no son reconocidas
Fun ships
CASINO PIT BOSS / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2018
Have to be prepared working on board the ships
Crew drills and other safety related duties
Staff are allowed to eat at the passenger buffet and able to use the passenger gym.
Travel! Travel! Travel!
Productive in a fast paced work environment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 28, 2018
A typical work day involves assisting guests post cruise regarding their experience on board a Carnival Cruise. Additionally, I handle special accounts that require research and attention to detail. The workplace culture requires multitasking, deadlines and consistency.

The hardest part of my job usually occurs when there is a incident and the mass volume of correspondence that comes and the expected turn around time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognition for the effort and dedication in getting the job done.
Pros
Care Clinic, Fitness Center, La Petite Academy, and Benefits
Cons
Little room for growth and lack of internal opportunities within other departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight