Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 1,307 reviews
It's a lifestyle
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 14, 2018
Typically work 6-8 hours a day, but turn-around days are the longest, sometimes working 11-12 hours. You are able to have free time in the ports of call.
The company, in general, is committed to helping you grow in your career and there are lots of opportunities to engage in additional courses for learning. Additionally, the company will tend to promote from within the existing staff instead of outsourcing, so you have a real chance of progressing to a senior level in a short space of time. The most enjoyable part of your job is the people you meet. There are some lovely guests and crew that you will encounter on your contract, great friendships can be made that stay with you after your contract has ended. The hardest part of the job is being away from family & friends for an extended period of time but if you don't suffer from homesickness, you will do fine. After all, there is internet and Facetime so no one is too far away. People who endure life at sea for more than 1 season are ones that adapt to the lifestyle change. You would need to become accustomed to eating at specified meal times, sharing a cabin with a stranger, being in a very multi-cultural environment, dress code and access restrictions. However, there are perks like being able to sit on a tropical beach during your lunch break or using the fully-equipped passenger gym to eating in the fine restaurants onboard and getting great crew discounts on duty free items, drinks and excursions. Depending on the department and your position, you may be entitled to more perks, some positions also have less perks.
Pros
Good salary, travel while you work, many perks at Senior Level
Cons
Long hours and always "on-call". Emergency situations are difficult on body and mind
Low salary,bad management,the worst company of all cruise companies
Aquatic Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 13, 2018
Worked as Aquatic Attendant with monthly salary of 730$....12 hours a day, with management constantly harassing, no way to get promoted unless you are a girl or a homosexual
PVP.. It’s not how it sounds
Personal Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 11, 2018
It can be a good job but what they don’t tell you is how little you will earn the first six months. The tell you the job to pay 50-60K first year when the reality is you will make around 3k per month until wave season then work 80 hours a week for 3 months straight to make good money. Make sure your prepared for tons of outbound calls to people who don’t want to talk to you and won’t return your call. Once you get a book of business built up the job pays well. But they really need to warn you how the first year is.
Pros
Benefits, casual environment, nice people
Cons
Long hours, low base pay, little management support
Fun and challenging
Production cast dancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
As a dancer on Carnival cruise line, I had the opportunity to travel all over the Caribbean. While doing so I had the privilege of engaging guest in dance classes as well as other activities around the ship. I was able to continue perfecting my artistry while doing challenging and engaging production shows.
Carnival
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  work from homeJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed the company and benefits . The metric that we as Personal Vacation Planners was extremely high and challenging.
For the most part goals were achievable.
Pros
Everyone is a team player
Cons
goal are sometimes unachievable
Luxurious atmosfear
CASINO DEALER (Current Employee) –  EEUUJuly 5, 2018
All for fun, fun for all..Excellent company for opportunities
Pros
Fun
Cons
Boat drills
Fun to work
RETAIL ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2018
I have learned to work with different nationalities around the world and to communicate with different personality. It makes a person tough to have a lot experience in dealing with different guest. Only the hard part is the management is not willing to help or to cooperate.
you are a number.
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 3, 2018
you are only a cog in their machine, you will be treated as such with a glossy coating of only the most mickey mouse of sincerity. the pay is terrible but you have no overhead. the bar is cheap and you spend most nights developing your drinking habit.
Will its oky to work hard
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MiamiJune 30, 2018
Need to work hard at to much bussiness and nice place to work mangement not to strek and time nice also food the best and facility ports and work area
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Nice
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 28, 2018
I loved it I loved the energy and people but I had to leave due to family issues .i would go back but I want something different I like trying new things and experiences.
Pros
Long lunch period
Cons
Improve my skills and my knowledges
Refrigeration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cruise shipsJune 27, 2018
The management must be improve, the work time is ok, the people are nice, the fun time is strictly respected, the food is so and so, there is a lot of choice for fun.
crew party once a month
Senior SUPPER CLUB SERVER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2018
working hours is very flexible, we learned a lot from other crew members from different cultures and our management is always giving us training to enhance our knowledge in our job.
life on board is exciting
CABIN STEWARD (Former Employee) –  miami floridaJune 27, 2018
after working for 17yrs in a popular cruise lines as a stateroom steward.Iam ready to face a new and fresh challenges with my experience Iwill perform my job efficiently and effectively.
good
Grill Specialist/Line Cook /Crew GALLY cook (Former Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LAJune 26, 2018
Its been a privilege working at Carnival Cruise.

will definitely refer to friends and its a real work station for a toddler or new to the company, its a learning platform.

and a new way of living one sea and a BIG opportunities to visit the beach of different states in United States Of America
Pros
free food accommodation
Working while travelling
CASINO CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
workplace is good. you can get all you need. meeting and working with different kind of nationalities, learning new things and be able to travel and see the world for free.
Pros
Free accomodation and food. Free use of laundry machines.
Cons
Short breaks
Long hours, low salary
Youth Staff/Animator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
Working with Carnival is more for the experience, not the pay check. You get paid to travel the world, but the paychecks are not big. Some positions do have the ability to enjoy the ports, but it includes long working hours as well.
Pros
Travel, food included, no bills.
Cons
Working 7 days a week for 6+ months at a time.
Excelente compañía
Bartender and Waiter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2018
Buen pleador, difícil las promociones por las preferencias entre ciertos países
Excellent oportunity for young people
Vessel Sanitation Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2018
Working for the largest fleet in the World gives you experience you will probably never get in your life. I was paid while I got to see the World. By the time I was 26 years old I visited more then 26 countries
Pros
Free food, no rent, visit de world while being paid
Cons
6 months without a day off, you will have couple of hours off in the morning or afternoon
I worked for carnival cruise lines for the past 17 years & I'm better for working there
Asst Food operations manager (Current Employee) –  all over continental USA and overseasJune 12, 2018
Carnival cruise lines is fun place to work, has the opportunity for career advancement,

they provide a safe environment for all to work & earn. Beautiful ships & ports of call ever mindful of the impact on the environment, by lots of training and empowering of crew. My days starts at 9 AM and finished after the final dinner at 10pm.My break time are 2hrs Started as a supervisor in 2000 and worked my way up to senior management fast paced jobs hardest part of the job is in the preparation for public health inspections
Pros
All meals & boarding is free, lots of crew activities
Cons
should look into renumerations for subordinates and junior managers
Cold calling with no hot leads
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 11, 2018
Receive leads first thing, plan on what time you will be able to call guest. Have to have more then 150 out dials and up to 6 hr talk. Great coworkers but poor managing skills. Not a very hard job need to cell to make full commission base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight