Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Found 1,302 reviews matching the search See all 1,424 reviews
if you are hardworker and like to travel is your job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
If you want to see the city in your free time you really cant spend from 1 to 4 hr outside is depend from the positione you have on bord. I was working more then 12 hr per day and sometime the only think I wanted is sleep.
Sales
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I loved working for carnival the employees got along and the pay was good, you received raise and incentives, some guest calling in wasn't always pleasant but we learned how to take control of the calls and help was there if we need it, sometimes the hardest part was when the customers knew what they wanted so no matter how you tried to up sell or offer something else, they wasn't going for it.
Pros
Benefits, pay, employees and traveling
Increase your confidence
Photographer, Photo Gallery Manager, Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Extremely fun and an eye opener as you get to know more cultures and learn to respect every single person on this Earth.

A very nice experience for me as it thought me to become a better person and very grateful for whom I am today.
Effective and productive workplace for every employee
Finance Specialist - Fleet Finance (Current Employee) –  Florida, MAJanuary 4, 2019
There is a priceless time to work for Carnival so thi's great chance to improve professional skills in different ares. I learned a great deal in that role that served me well over the next time. Some of the things I admire about company are ability to learn how to manage troubleshooting situations, start to feel confident and work around proffessionals only.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Supervisor de Casino (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2018
Trabajo bastante arduo, las horas de trabajo no son reconocidas
Fun ships
CASINO PIT BOSS / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2018
Have to be prepared working on board the ships
Crew drills and other safety related duties
Staff are allowed to eat at the passenger buffet and able to use the passenger gym.
Travel! Travel! Travel!
Productive in a fast paced work environment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 28, 2018
A typical work day involves assisting guests post cruise regarding their experience on board a Carnival Cruise. Additionally, I handle special accounts that require research and attention to detail. The workplace culture requires multitasking, deadlines and consistency.

The hardest part of my job usually occurs when there is a incident and the mass volume of correspondence that comes and the expected turn around time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognition for the effort and dedication in getting the job done.
Pros
Care Clinic, Fitness Center, La Petite Academy, and Benefits
Cons
Little room for growth and lack of internal opportunities within other departments
Good for experience
WELDER FABRICATOR/TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2018
I've made almost 6yrs as a professional WELDER FABRICATION TECH with this company it's not the worst place to work but could be extremely challenging at times especially with management with positions but no skills it's just a place to work for sometime and move on to better.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low Salary and no opportunity to be promoted.
a good job if you want to visit the world
assistent team waiter (Former Employee) –  Panama, INDecember 25, 2018
It was my first contract ever on the ships. I started as an assistent waiter on Carnival Conqest than i was promoted after 3 months as an assitent team waiter. I worked also in room service
Pros
nice places to visit
Cons
to many working hours
Wors day of my life
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2018
If you want to go in prison go in carnival cruise especially in housekeeping. Anless you are from India Philippine or Indonesia. Other country are not welcome.they will do everything to quit. Life is disaster food everything. Humane resource is only to get their salary not to help crew. Better choose prison on land that ship life. Even in prison you have more respect. See how many crew choose to hang their self in ship don’t be part of this company . They treat you like slave.
Cons
More than 13 hours of work
lovely cruise line
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 14, 2018
the cruise line is a very big company and all crew are working strong and the food is excellent, management is so help full, working on ship fun and going to a beautiful place love it
its fun for all all for fun
Galley steward (Former Employee) –  Miami USADecember 13, 2018
dealing with guests trying to solve their problems trying to understand their needs showing them gang way assist them about new food talking with guest knowing their cultures and languages try to help them .
Pros
free lunches, medical, air ticket
Cons
long hour
Hard work every day
Bartender / Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Caribbean seaDecember 13, 2018
Good place to improve your working and service skills, lot of various trainings, practical and theoretic. In generally very hard working place with too many hours per day, week and month.
Fun work place,nice job, nice team
Waiter, restaurant service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2018
Carnival cruise line is fun working place, but some of the management always doing a monkey bussines.
Not all.
They provide us a food, beverage, bar, playroom, etc
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10-12hours working
Fun, comfortable and competetive salary
Team waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, floridaDecember 8, 2018
Its fun and comfortable to work with. With a good salary and to travel the world for free. Good tips from the guest. The only thing is, you are far away from your family and you need to accept it to provide them better future.
Pros
Cons
10hrs
Loved working there but...
Tele Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 6, 2018
Carnival Cruise Lines was my first work from home company. No sales all customer service. Only reason I left was the pay was horrible and shift bids every six months. I moved up 3 times in 2.5 years with no pay increase but a lot more responsibility.
Pros
Excellent Company
Cons
Low pay, shift bids
Fun at work
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  MAIMA, FLORIDA 33178December 3, 2018
I enjoy to do my work with fun and passion. I got may time appreciation letter by company. I beleive in my hard work and love to cook with passion, which you can see in my food dishes.
crew bar crew gym crew basketball court
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  miami floridaNovember 28, 2018
working in carnival cruise lines for 10 years is a big help to me and my family we are working as team and family and we have a lot of benefits like sss phil health pagibig with free foos and accomodation free airline ticket free hotel expenses free us visa free medical free pdos and trainings swimmiong pool crew bars baskettball court crew gym
Good to work in carnival Cruise line
Asst Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 28, 2018
The working environment is friendly, our supervisor support and encourages. Safety is first priority in the work place. When we feel low in life they encourages us to develop ourself for better future they teach us with friendly manner
Not for everyone
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiNovember 27, 2018
CCL is a great company, but a growing company in that. Travel and work go hand in hand; however, this lifestyle is not for everyone. The work is what you make it, as is the life. It’s a self set work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight