Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Guest area privelege
ACCOUNTANT/ FINANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 13, 2017
Accounting job is always an everyday learning experience. I learn a lot of things on a daily basis as our department covers both revenue and cost side. Management provide variety of good foods and with a food party on a monthly basis. They allow us to have a guest area privilege, during our off time , we can play basketball or use the guest gym / sauna or steam if the place is not crowded by guests ( our guests always comes first as they are our priority). The hardest part of the job is during month end and year end as we need to finished on a timely manner all the tasks that needs to be done.
Pros
Free medical benefits
Cons
Promotions is very slow / salary is not competitive
no advancement
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 9, 2017
annual increases do not keep up with cost of living even during record breaking years, benefits promised are not given such as yearly complimentary cruise benefit. No path to advance within company.
Carnival Is a Great Company
International Diamond Agent (Current Employee) –  VirtualDecember 9, 2017
Im a home agent for Carnival and I love my job. The company itself looks out for it's employees, and really makes us feel appreciated. Unfortunately, the only bad thing I can say is the pay sucks. If the pay were better I would never leave
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Pay Sucks
DJ Life..
IT Support Specialist / Pro DJ (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2017
CCL has gone backwards in the DJ program as far as recruiting QUALITY DJs. They reduced compensation from DJs when they created Host DJ positions. This happened to me after I was hired (I was paid $1000 less per month than what I was promised.

The Host DJ positions/responsibilities were not clearly explained to new hires (70% hosting, 30% DJing).

They also took away our rights of having our own cabin. That was very important to us because DJs work very odd hours, performing at different times throughout the day, so we need to have our own cabin to get proper rest. Most of the time, I didn't sleep very well.
Pros
Main responsibility is spinning the tunes to help guest enjoy their vacation to the max, Visiting and enjoying the islands, Meeting new people, making new friends, Fun job
Cons
Lower pay than promised.
A good job for a high energy person who likes one to one contact with people
"Singing Guitarist" (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
A good company to work for. Dependable in terms of the company living up to work agreements.
The downside is being anle to tolerate long periods of time away from home
Pros
Discounts for family members
Cons
Long performing schedules.
really bad place to work
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  miami usaNovember 28, 2017
Good company its so much fun to work here the only bad think about it is u have to saty 6 months away from ur family.its so much fun there..so much to enjoy
the best job ever
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2017
Working for CCL was one of the best choices of my life as I got to travel round the world and made good money by doing so. Long hours and work was hard, but enjoyed every minute of it. Cruised Alaska, Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii. I took advantage of every minute to go ashore and see the places. I loved to deal with the guest the most, made a lot of friends.
Pros
traveling
Cons
long working hours
fun times, travelling and being paid
Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 24, 2017
great experience for while in a life time, experiencing a proven good way to do business in customer service for many years, working among 60-70 different nationalities.
Fun working environment
CVS (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 22, 2017
This is an Amazing company. There is never a dull moment. They want the employees who work on the shoreside to have just as much excitement as those working on the cruise ship.
Pros
Great Company and Brand
Cons
the pay
A Fun Place To Work
Wedding Planner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 21, 2017
I love working for Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival had child care on site, a gym and a medical clinic. My co workers were the best part about my job. Everyone is like family.
Pros
2 free cruises a year
Cons
poor hourly wages for a big city
fun for all all for fun
ASST WAITER & ASSISTANT TEAM WAITER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2017
i liked working on the ship at the beggin but i feel now like i don't have life. i would like to settle down and make family.. i liked working in US friendly people good money and better life. i had learned so much from my career in the first companies and special with carnival i learned some new staff.. and now it's the time to change
Pros
free food free travel free stay
Cons
long hours of work
Cruise
Lighting Technician/Pyrotechnic (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 17, 2017
Job was fun. i got to travel a lot see a lot and experience a lot. People to work with was always friendly. the travel can be stressful. but always great to see places
Do not work for this company
Travel Agent Sales (Former Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 17, 2017
Do not work for this company, you work through Arise. They do not let you know ahead of time that you get no hours and when you do you have to just schedule what is available and only are allowed 10 hours to first choose. Do not work for this company or for Arise.
Fun and Memorable Experience
All Games Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Miami-, FLNovember 15, 2017
Carnival Cruise Lines, the name speaks for its itself. My experience with them had so much fun and memorable experience you would want to do it again. It paved the way for me to fall in love with the industry of guest service in its highest form. Going the extra mile for the guest, anticipating their needs, for that "Fun and Memorable Experience", that makes them come back.
Pros
You can travel and see the World for free, while working
Cons
Long hours of Work
Horrible work environment but good opportunity
Youth staff & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLNovember 14, 2017
It was an experience to be able to travel the world. However, the hours are absurd. There are no days off and HR did little to nothing to help you. I had a smelly roommate and asked multiple times to switch rooms and was never once granted this request. I got in trouble and treated like a criminal for literally trying to clean my sheets once as I am allergic to laundry soap. They freaked out on me and told me I could be fired for doing so. No where is it listed on the entire ship that this activity is frowned upon. Also I worked in the youth program where everything was broken, toys, televisions, and the sound system. It was pathetic that a multi billion dollar company couldn't do something as little as fix these things.
Pros
Free Food, housing, and gym
Cons
no days off, no overtime, crazy hours.
Highly recommended work place
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2017
I have enjoyed every day on board. It is truly a unique experience and I am proud to have worked in such multicultural environment. It helped me gain confidence in customer service, child care and education, above all it helped me learn how to handle difficult people and situations. It has taught me patience and tolerance.
Informative and Eventeful day.
Guest Solutions Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 11, 2017
Clock in to work, check an answer emails received. Spoke to travel agents and resolved their inquiries and helped their customers reach their dream vacation.
Pros
O.T was great, Benefits, PTO and perks.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Good company, enjoying working environment
Inside Sales Rep. / On-line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2017
I had a very pleasant working experience in this company. the benefits were awesome, the opportunity to learn various things and attend events, be apart of giving back to the community. Clean safe working environment and I had great managers.
Pros
Everything on site, cafeteria, gym, daycare and more
Cons
salary increases
Excellent Company and Respectes me a lot as Individual
CHIEF SECUIRTY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2017
As I mentioned earlier all cruise liner has its own speciality and all have to support the company law suits and Expect who cruises must return for a fun filled vacation feeling for a life time. Over and Over.

Management are excellent and very helpful guide and train and gives a lots of support as an individual.

Work place live in harmony Give Respect and Take Respect.

Nothing was hard during my Tenure , most of them followed my teachings and guidance and they grew up and became chiefs supervisors and left the company and joined world wide cruis lines..etc.

I never felt about going vacation and felt all are like family never felt that my 2nd family is in India. Good Food and Good Crew and Guests. Office teams were marvelous and helpful....always supported as well as Ship Board Sr. Management.

Thanks for everything to all my companies I worked with . I learn lot of meeting and dealing different situations and today i can proudly say I did a great job and protected the company by putting my life in danger served them with pride and professional with great team work.
Pros
Over all was an Excellent Journey of my Job Carrier by Bringing many New Ships from Yard.
Cons
Health Care all were awesomeCCL takes care of everything from Home to Work and Return to India
Excellent company
Purchasing Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 5, 2017
An excellent company to work for if you are a full time employee. Unfortunately I am working through a temp recruiter contracted until February. I am hoping for a contract extension or a pickup of the contract to permanent employee, but due to the nature of the recruiter, that seems unlikely.
Pros
Great additional benefits
Cons
Under recruiter contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight