Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community

Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Hardest Part about the Job.
Waitress/Line Server (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 19, 2018
The hardest part about the job is on a busy day, it can get very hectic. The best thing to do when that happens is to remain calm and keep the verbal conversation with the residents, letting them know you will be right with them .
Pros
Nice Residents
Cons
n/a
Great place to work but not good management
Renovations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 12, 2018
I loved working there for the last 8 years, but management for the last 5 years made it difficult to work. I feel like my voice wasn't being heard and I didn't get the help that I needed. I was blamed for things that were not my fault. We were supposed to work as a team, but I did not feel part of that team.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
My perfect after school job
FOOD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 1, 2018
For me this job was what I did after school to make some money for college, and was handsomely rewarded for my work. The shifts were easy on most days, and in the end of the day helped me a lot.
Housekeeping Services (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 11, 2017
Great full time job. Wonderful people and a great experience. Wonderful benefits and pay raises and vacation pay and bonus pays. stability is a major plus.
Pros
Pay
Productive and Easy going Co-workers
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 14, 2017
On a typical day, workers would walk into work and be told what section they had in the dining area. After section had been assigned we would prepare the night by doing our before jobs, which was based on what section you had. Management did great in keeping everything running smoothly and were hands on.
Five Star Retirement Community
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 7, 2017
Carol Woods Retirement Community is a continuing care retirement community located in the heart of Chapel Hill. It is a home for retired seniors and elderly needing transitional care from the hospital.
Located less than ten miles from UNC Chapel Hill and Duke Hospital, Carol Woods is an ideal place to get personalized care provided by attentive and welcoming staff. Its five star Medicare rating says it all.
Carol Woods Retirement
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 4, 2017
This is a great job. Working with the elderly is very rewarding. Carol Woods is like being with your family members. I think they need to change some of their food service manager's and it would be better.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short brakes and management
Loving enviroment
Life Enrichment Facilator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NC.December 6, 2016
Great place to work . Friendy environment the people are like family you feel appreciated. Nice to work with professionals
Pros
Good meals cheap free parking great benefits
Cons
A very good place to work
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 6, 2014
I did not work there long because there was not any work for me to do. But, while I was there, it was a good experience
Fun and Fulfilling Envrionment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 16, 2014
I facilitated seniors with cognitive impairments every Friday morning by making coffee and helping the seniors participate in exercise. I learned that people are unique and are not defined by their cognitive impairments. Management was extremely friendly, approachable, and excited to be there. My "co-workers" or other volunteers were just as friendly. There really was no "hard part" of the volunteer work I did. I loved talking with all of the residents and workers.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Productive company
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill , NCMay 19, 2014
Typical the day starts out with determining what computer issue is the most important and protizing it into your day. Then you have to deal with those computer issues first and then go throughout your day. Most of the computer issues could be printer issues networking difficulties, hardware and software issues and things that are going wrong with the internal database.
Pros
cheap lunch, good coworkers
Refresh and learn new skills for troubleshooting computers and a little of customer service as well.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill NCMay 16, 2013
A day at work would start at 10am and going to about 4:30. I learn lots of new skills with working with customers and also learning valuable personal skills how to talk to people. Learn new skills of the computer technology world.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
unpaid
Excellent place to work and learn
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 11, 2013
The team work, the quality of work and the people that are being cared for all make working at Carol Woods worthwhile
Pros
excellent caring workplace
Productive workplace. The annual picnic was really fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 23, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job were the residents of the community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Carol Woods Continuous Care Retirement Community Reviews by Location