Carolina CAT Employee Reviews

Friendly Atmosphere
Parts/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCFebruary 28, 2019
Good place to work.Fellow co-workers are great.Good benefits.Put up parts daily,performed loading/unloading parts for customers daily.Paid Sick days off work are great.
Pros
Cons
Pay
March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the positive comments, we will continue to evaluate our pay structure to ensure we are staying competitive. Thank you again for your feedback!

This company is loosing the values that it was built upon.
Technician (Former Employee) –  AshevilleFebruary 4, 2019
As a former employee and customer of this CAT dealer I am concerned with the changes that have I have witnessed in the past 3 years.
New management is hired with little to“zero”heavy equipment knowledge and is now calling the shots when smart, capable, loyal, hard working, safe current employees could step into management or sales positions and run things efficiently and professionally with years of established knowledge.
This company is not rewarding the hard work and dedication the way it should and the way it once did.
Current employees that know the CAT line of product and have experience with customers should be rewarded with promotions when available but the management in Charlotte does not think so apparently.
A company gets a good name by having knowledgeable* friendly, hard-working, dedicated, honest and safe employees that care about the customer, company and believes in the CAT products. This feels to be slipping away and no one in this company is smart enough to see it and take action!
Experienced employees that could make this company the best is the country are leaving this company as I did in 2018 because of the ignorance of management.
The president of this dealer really needs to take a look at some of these serious issues and take some common sense action and do away with corrupt management if he wants to keep a successful business.
Pros
Friendly co workers, cat products are the best.
Cons
Poor management in rental, no advancement opportunities
March 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Our many years of success as a company have largely been due to our great employees that work for us, especially those in the Asheville Branch. A part of our growth strategy has been to bring in folks from outside of our industry that share our same morals and values and then to provide training in order to get them up to speed. We'd like to learn more about your situation, would you be willing to speak with us? If so, please reach out to us 704-731-7260 and ask to speak with the Director, Human Resources. Thank you again for your feedback.

Good place but...
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2018
Good benefits. Good pay. No management in the department I was working in. Seemingly high turn over rate. Friendly staff. Upper management seemed to work out okay, but there was no lower management in my branch for my department.
Pros
Strong team building, good benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks. Lack of middle managment. high turn over rate.
Co-workers are very nice
Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 19, 2018
Working for CAT has many ups and downs especially in my field. There are so many demands that need to be met from 11 different facilities within North and South Carolina. Getting good help is virtually impossible in my field. We are having trouble finding good help that can pass the background check and vigorous 2 hour Physical that has to be passed for employment in my department. I would like to get into a company that I can use all of my skills that I have acquired over the years and at a good pay rate.
good company to work for if you DONT work in the truck shop
Service Technician/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2018
I worked in the truck side of the company, started out great but after some management and supervisor changes it started going down hill fast. No direction from the management, no leadership in the truck shop.
March 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that a situation has occurred that led you to have a poor experience. Developing our Managers to be strong Leaders has become top priority for us, which is why we are constantly looking at ways to enhance our training programs. We'd like to learn more about your situation, would you be willing to speak with us? If so, please reach out to us 704-731-7260 and ask to speak with the Director, Human Resources. Thank you again for your feedback.

Wonderful place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2018
Carolina CAT is a very nice place to work. Management is extremely understanding towards most issues on the job and in your personal life. They offer a lot of on site training and are open to you trying to advance within the company.
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  NCApril 15, 2017
good place to work with the with some employees but some time you have to deal with some timing ppl. some of the manager will tell you that you are doing a great job but will go to a another assc and say bad stuff about them
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
some of the management will talk down about you like you are a pices of trash
Sold and rented construction equipment to many different sized companies.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2015
Great work environment working with many different call opportunities. Loved working in the field on different construction projects.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
no room for advancement.
amazing experience
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2015
U.S. Navy is a wonderful working experience and would recommend anyone to sign up for atleast four years and gain the experience and trade experience. Boat life is a real experience and takes some getting use to.
Pros
benefits, pay, life experience
Challenging and Exciting, Family Feel
Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
Carolina Cat is an excellent company to work for where you actually feel valued and part of the team. The culture is by far one of the best that I have ever experienced, Everyone is invested in everyone else, successes and failures are a team effort, not placed solely on one individual.
No job security
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2013
No job security,,,managers and supervisors have no control of department...CEO likes to be in control of company....managers do not do hands on....to many meetings to have control
Pros
Use to be a great place to work 4 years ago
Cons
No job security
Currently employeed
Construction Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2013
Always enjoy the customers on phone and physically in work environment. The customer is priority first.
A good place to work overall.
SERVICE DISPATCHER -HEAVY EQUIPMENT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2013
The company has good core values and is managed well. This company does however lack a basic training program for new employees to grasp the company culture and could benefit greatly from this.All of my co-workers were easy to get along with and my immediate manager was very focused on making the company a profit.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lacks a quality training program for certain positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina CAT. Our community is ready to answer.