CAROLINA CLUB Employee Reviews

The members are Amazing
Lead Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 12, 2018
No room for advancement if you are an African American Woman.
Jr.is mean and ruthless when things do go his way. After I filed my complaint, they gave bad references to prospective employers .
Worked for 4yrs.
Why employ someone that Long if they are a Problem. Great for students.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Jr
Best place ever
Server (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 2, 2017
Working here is very relaxed yet quickly paced. Management is awesome and you always have help around you. Busyness depends on the events planned or the reservations that are made but you are able to make it through every shift!
easy to work for
bartender (Current Employee) –  north carolinaJanuary 15, 2017
taking care of customers needs
loved the people i waited on and the ones i worked with
hardest part was dealing with lack of training for new employees
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
weekends were a must
Great opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Fun place to work, great management and location. There are opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the company. The company cares about its employees but the pay and benefits are on the low end of industrial average
Very productive workplace
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 23, 2015
A private fine-dining club that offered very flexible scheduling. The managers had an open-door policy and were very welcoming.
Learning experience
Pastry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 24, 2015
I did my externship here. I learned a lot, I was taught a lot on how a kitchen works and how fast paced everything would be. I didn't get to do what I was told I would be doing. It was an okay place to work at times and other times it just wasn't somewhere I wanted to work because of how everything was set up and how all the cooks were allowed to roam around doing nothing, and then there would also be more cooks in the kitchen than there really needed to be. The most enjoyable part about this job was getting to decorate the cakes.
Pros
decorated cakes, I did learn somethings
Cons
too many people, not structured well enough, management didn't really seem to know what was going on or what to do, didn't learn what I went there to learn and what I was told to learn
Great co-workers, fun and relaxed place to work
Server Manager (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 5, 2014
Typical day at work consists of coming in and preparing for the night, taking care of guests, serving food, making sure guests leave happy, paperwork and cleaning up. I have become more comfortable with customer relations. My co-workers and I are like another family at work. We get along and respect each other fully. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult guests that seem impossible to make happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the regular clientele who come in to see me.