Carolina Handling Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Think twice
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 1, 2017
Just look elsewhere trust me. You will spend all your time fudging numbers to make your numbers look good so you will get to keep your job. That is not an honest way to work. This was the most stressful job I ever had.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Long hours and too much travel.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2017
The hours are long. The travel is extensive. Way too much office drama. There are too many managers and not enough workers. Although you do get to work with a lot of great people.
Pros
HR department is great
Cons
Management is rigid and unwilling to try new ideas
Get to make your own hours
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 31, 2017
Have lots of freedom but the after hours calls can be overwhelming. They take care of you and family comes first with them. Get to start and end your day when you want for the most part hard to be late
Pros
Free phone tablet and van to drive
Cons
They track your every move using the phone they give you to use
Field technician
Certified Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 10, 2017
As a field technician there are many opportunities to learn about fork lifts.
Company offers great benefits, but they don't mean anything if you don't have the time to use them. Work life balance was horrible. Stress is overwhelming. Much os pushed down from team leaders and senior techs.
Senior techs act as if new techs are a threat. Constantly and blatantly lie to management. Senior management has issues.
Constantly told to ensure equipment was cleaned and proper maintenance conducted. Now I work for a warehouse operating the equipment I used to service. None of the cleaning and maintenance is being conducted. Company has huge double standards.
Good luck
Pros
Company Van
Cons
Management, senior techs, double standards
Good company but nowhere to go up
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Carolina Handling is a good company to work for but there are a few problems. You are unlikely to get a raise unless you fight for it for a year or more. There is very little room for someone to move up unless someone above you quits or retires. They do offer a lot of holidays and good vacation time and it is a pretty open environment when it comes to every day interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No chance to move up, no raises
Fun place to work - lots of great people.
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2017
This was one of my first jobs., I enjoyed working here and made a lot of life long friends. The owner was a great guy and cared about his employees. ..
Productive workplace with great co-workers.
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2016
Company going through consistent year over year growth. Great people to work with. Associate development encouraged. Great training available in TPS/Lean Manufacturing.
Okay if willing to handle high stress work environment
Parts Dept (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2016
Company makes you feel welcome when hired but after that too demanding. Very manual, all depts need automation. Most of the co-workers have been there for long and neither the company nor the co-workers want to change. Overall an industry with many competitors. Need to offer flexible work schedule and not micro-manage.
Pros
Free breakfast when they hire a new employee.
Cons
Health insurance sucks, Offer only one choice with employee high employee contribution, Quarter of your paycheck will be gone in insurance.
interesting company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Carolina Handling is an very interesting organization. It has its good and bad. The biggest thing is if you can stand the the kool-aid, and don't mind being held in a "grease ghetto / glass ceiling" you will do fine. Unless you have a military background, have been with the company for an extend amount of time, or get lucky, you will be kept in the grease ghetto.
Pros
heath insurance
Cons
kool-aid pushing management.
Steady work 48hrs+ a week
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 20, 2016
Great people , but very demanding of your life and body. the better you do your job the more your customers expect of you. good benefits and your company service vehicle goes home with you.

Want to know more about Carolina Handling?

Ask a question
Very nice work place
Network System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2016
Excellent work culture and very friendly environment to work in benefits are good as well. Atmosphere is laid back. Many things to learn and its a good challenge mentally.
Nice company matching with current 401-K in place
I.T. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2015
Over all from an I.T. perspective a nice place to work with friendly people and and good atmosphere. Somewhat of a self paced environment and plenty of opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
401-K Matching
Cons
Mico Managed
Enjoyed working with customers
AR Specialists (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Company still needs a lot of work on management.More training on how to be a better manager.

Company other than that a great company, everyone knows everyone.

50 years in business and a leader of its industry.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Upper Management
Responsibility is overwhelming
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
The training is extensive but very long. Weeks at a time can be hard on your family. Work is straight forward but be aware of the amount of safety involved with each job presented. This job can be very dangerous. On the other hand, the pay starts low, but if you can hang in there then rewards will come. Benefits are excellent!
Pros
Company Van. Lots of training. Company provided equipment, special tools, uniforms and support.
Cons
This job is not difficult if you have any mechanical experience, The mental part will way heavy on you if you let it get the best of you, This job comes with HUGE responsibility.
No additional comments
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2013
No additional comments to be made. This company is my current employer and is not a bad place to work. My family and I have benefited greatly from my experiences here.
Good luck
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus GAJune 9, 2013
This company is a top down company. They say they are all about team work and communication but as soon as your in the field as a tech, its fend for yourself. Senior techs act as though your a threat and will stab you in the back as soon as they get a chance.
Pros
All the over time you want, if you can find the work that is
Cons
Limited clients due to over pricing, in turn makes finding hours hard
High volume call center environment with little communication from managment.
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 21, 2012
· Prioritizing, delegating, and when necessary, escalating to cross departmental teams, incoming work orders resulting in a sustained decreased backlog
· Managing invoicing of major accounts by ensuring timely, accurate, and complete information required from field technicians in order to provide on time delivery of invoices to outstanding accounts
· Accepting and routing client calls to the appropriate departments that allowed dispatching the most appropriate service technician which ultimately reduced subsequent dispatches to complete active work orders
· Reconciling payroll across multiple states including those having reciprocities which resulted in fewer payroll errors and manual checks
Pros
solid company, nice employees
Cons
minimal communication from management
Good SOLID company
Technician (Former Employee)September 3, 2011
I worked at Carolina Handling for a year.
I never use my benefits since I always worked M-F business hours, but I also never heard any benefit related complaints from my co-workers.
Management was exceptional in my area and training was extensive. The general culture was good with a few good mannered, smart people. The 'CAROLINA' way is to be efficient, well trained, responsible, professional and courteous to your/our customers. The motto is "Exceeding Expectations' and they absolutely mean it, in both employee performance and customer care. They thoroughly interview and test before hiring so most people behave and work.
If you're willing to work hard and want to be good at what you do - you can be rewarded here. When I was working there no one was ever laid off, and their claim was they never have laid anyone off...this was pre-recession time, and I did know a few guys in my hiring class that left, including me, your mileage may vary. I left to turn an AS degree into a BS, and consider my reason for leaving self-motivated not disgruntle (although I was yelled, cussed at and treated arrogantly by a couple guys when I quit with 2 wk notice)
The company is generous with your self responsibility, and they want you to make good decisions on your own, on the companies dime.
Thank you CH for your contribution in my education, your time helping me and especially SD for the book 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'...you were right, it helped..I turned more into what I wanted for myself. I am almost done with my Computer Engineering BS degree and I recently landed my dream job,
  more... I feel in no small part to having worked for Carolina Handling and growing into more of a trained guy/leader  less
Pros
really good company
Cons
be ready to learn and work hard/do alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Handling. Our community is ready to answer.