Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates Employee Reviews

This place used to be great
Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2019
I used to love working here, not anymore though. Looking for a new job. Noone works together... every department fends for themselves. Each office location does whatever they want. Policy is never followed. Staff is verbally harrassed by patients and nothing is done. Staff isnt compensated or praised.
Great company, poor management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2019
The culture of the company is great, however management lack proper skills to manage appropriately, the hardest part of the job is dealing with management, the most enjoyable is that the staff is like family.
Great company to work for couldn’t be happier!
accounts receivable (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2019
I’ve worked in medical for over twenty years and this is the best company I’ve worked for!! The structure is good, administration is respectable, and lots of loyal employees. Great management staff that apply the CNSA values in daily operations.
Pros
Management and benefits
Great working atmosphere
Precertification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2019
A typical day is to come in get a cup of coffee and begin reading emails. After I have read my emails I begin working on my task list to obtain authorizations for patients that are scheduled for spine and brain surgeries. What I have learned on my job most of all is not to panic because you can only do what you can do. I have a great manager that have an open door policy. She never make you feel like you can't come to her or ask her a question without getting your head bit off. I work with great people in the office. We perform like a team and we have each other backs. I can say though that the hardest part of my job is not to stress or panic when we get an add on at the end of the day and it requires an authorization. It is a big challenge, but it is a rewarding challenge when you obtain the authorization successfully. I have to say that I really enjoy my job because of the team that I work with. I like eating lunch together and preparing potlucks together. I like the communication we have while at work and when we are away from each other. We check on one another when we are out sick and try to come to everyone's rescue
in time of trouble. My office of girls are like family.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
High deductible
Ugh
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 19, 2018
Don't even waste your time! If lori is still here, the office is poor managed. All she does is talk about people and write people up for nothing. Management sucks, high turnover rate
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lori
Great Staff
Physician Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Looking to take a different path in life and decided to peruse my dream and opted to return to school. Overall meet some awesome people and have built great relationships, both professional and personal.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
growth opportunity
Variable treatment
Manager Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2018
There are some people who love CNSA because of the particular niche they are in, and then there would be others who are undervalued for what they do and are expected to tolerate. The distribution of workloads and respect is uneven and the pay scales and rewards are arbitrary.
average
PRN Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2018
Great environment to learn. All colleagues are generous with their expertise and skills and are wonderful to work with and for. Long hours on concrete in a small area with a lot of people.
Terrible management
Physician Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Unfair treatment to employees who are doing what they are supposed to do. Employees who break every rule and are unethical, get away with everything, including being able to work as many hours per week as they want and call out on a weekly basis with no punishment. Employees who truly work, and may have 30 minutes of overtime from staying late one night per week (which is mandatory) get sent home early on Friday so they won't get paid for their honest overtime. Unfair.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2018
Excellent benefits comparable to the major hospital systems. Management could stand to be a little more diverse, however it is overall a good company.
Productive and busy work environment
Administrative assistant to Dr. Gary P Cram (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2017
The story of what really happened to show pleasure being advocate for patients to make sure that their health needs are met in a timely manner. There has to be teamwork involved in order for a huge corporation as cnsa is to see that every nook and cranny for the patients for insurance disability surgeries follow-ups and scheduling other items are done in a timely manner.
Pros
Helping patients meet their needs
Cons
Poor management
The Dr's are great. Co-worker are helpful.
Front Desk Coordinator/Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
Check-in patients. Take copays and/or any monies owed. Updated patient charts daily. Identified and corrected errors and refiled denied or rejected claims. Prepared and attached all required documentation including referrals, treatment plans and any other required correspondence to reduce incidents of denials.
Pros
Co-worker are helpful and nice
Cons
Patients complaining about long waits.
Work experience varies per role
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2017
For some people, CNSA is a great place to work, but for others, it can be a place of undue stress and lack of real change. There is a striking imbalance between those individuals/ departments who have favor and those who do not. The bias seems to be toward those who are aggressive in general, as well as those who are under the protective umbrella of a doctor. The training and mentoring also seems to be "luck of the draw"
Pros
Interesting field to be part of of
Cons
Poor problem solving
Productive and fast pace job.
MEDICAL RECORDS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 10, 2016
I learned to review medical records accuracy, retrieving medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel, and process patient admission/discharge, operation, and authorization/insurance documents.
Pros
Nice coworker and Friendly atmosphere
Great job culture
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2015
Excellent benefits. Providers are wonderful. Office staff is friendly and well-taken care of financially and benefit-wise.
The break room has free coffee and beverages
New Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2015
Contact Patients and referring provider to schedule new patients. Review all medical recors prior to scheduling to insure and establish the neurosurgical problem. Verify patient insurance. Create patient chart.

The tem effort within the office is a must.

I have learned about the purpose of seeking good medical care can be very difficult.

The hardest part of the job is contacting the patient and advising them they have been declined.

The most enjoyable job experience is when a patient wants to meet you because you were so professional, helpful, and quick to get the patient an appointment.
Pros
bonus, free lunches periodically, friendly doctors
Cons
short lunch
Enjoyed parts of the job
Physician Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Never felt like there was any chance of advancement. Felt it was time to move on. Management and promotional jobs were never posted for application process, but were hand chosen by upper management. Was never asked what my goals would be at this employer.
Pros
Worked with some great people.
Cons
Lack of ability to apply for advancement.
great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 4, 2014
-great teamwork
-awesome physicians and mid-level staff
-work-life balance