Carolina Outreach

Carolina Outreach Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Work culture could use some improvement; always work to take home and a lot of turn over due to staff being burnout. Compensation should match the amount of work you're having to put in.
Carolina Outreach is a place where your clients are truly the target of your inspiration to stay or leave. Client oriented at all times which is great!
Answered calls to take messages for the counselors
Co-Facilitated SAIOP groups

Participated in events hosted by the Carolina Outreach staff

Filed confidential paperwork
Pros
Great pay, peaceful environment, consistent hours
Carolina Outreach was my first job after grad school. They take the time to provide so much training that in your first 90 days of employment, you have finished most of your needed ceu’s for licensure. Being a recent grad, this was so needed for the transition into real world. They broke things down so thoroughly that they even explained how to sign your name with credentials. Supervision was included as well which is so worth it since it’s $50/hour or more! I felt heard during meetings and saw they took what I was saying and implementing due to the outcomes afterwards.
Pros
Benefits, professional development, supervision paid for, management
Cons
Pay depends on billable units, referrals were slow
I truly enjoy working with clients from diverse populations and being able to have the opportunity to work with them in their homes and in the community.
Carolina Outreach is GREAT for achieving short term goals. They do not invest enough in employees so it's difficult to stay long term. However, they offer a lot in trainings and clinical supervision for new comers. Very diverse, open minded, positive environment.
Pros
Free meals from pharm reps, flexible schedule, independence
Cons
small work space, being on-call
If you can stay under the radar, you may be fine here; however, job security is unstable, people are sometimes fired with no write-ups/notice. I was not treated respectfully.
Pros
Paid Well
Cons
Job Insecurity
Co-workers were always willing to work together in a collaborative effort in order to get the work done. This made it easy to make sure that clients were taken care of.
Pros
Flexible/understanding
Cons
Stressful at times due to the nature of the business.
I really liked working here. Good training and opportunities for CEUs. Management was passionate about what they do but they seem to be selling out by the time I left
I been done with this company for a min now. Management only caters to their friends. you can clearly see the favoritism from the jump. Working there as an office staff you get treated like dirt (mildly said). Pay raises are a joke don't count on a pay raise every year and the pay sucks. Management is very unprofessional (also mildly said), The work environment there is stressful, no privacy, the only good thing about this job was some of the staff member's there.
Pros
Cons
19 days a year, no privacy, very stressful, favoritism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carolina Outreach?
Very little micro-managing. Clinicians able to be largely autonomous. Diverse clientele and rewarding work. Challenging work/life balance due to amount of paperwork and coordinating. Get to make own hours. Productivity based. Great company culture with excellent support and supervision. Fast-paced setting.
Pros
Occasional free lunches and company events
Cons
No paid time off
Great community of professional workers, community helps, dedicated to making the community a better place. Also, hard to move around and supervision can be spotty and sometimes unhelpful. Compensation is also pretty stagnant and company can be very focused on bottom line over best care of employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay and a lot of stress
If it wasn't for the changes in the regulations for a PCA and the cut in hours provided for service I would still work for this company. This company had employees that was great to work with.
Pros
Good company ethics
Cons
Low hours
I love the people and clients I work with unfortunately, the company is in transition and I must provide for my family. I like the opportunity to work with a diverse population and the experience that brings.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
The company is all about hiring new grads! Great for our first job out of college and need good clinical experience. However there is not much of a financial incentive to stay once you're fully licensed. Multiple locations across the state as well.
Pros
Free supervision, good benefits package, growing company
Cons
Don't get a real lunch break, you eat when you don't have a client
head of substance abuse did not care about clients only about money, there were a few good counselors there however the bad ones were in charge of the good ones. The other staff members were nice and cared for the clients.
Pros
a couple of good counselors
Cons
power hungry management
At this company I learned how to manage time, work effectively under pressure, and how to better work with clients that do not have much patience. I enjoyed working with these types of clients, and It felt good to make them feel wanted every time they came through the door.
Pros
fun co-workers, wonderful clients, snack cabinets.
Cons
new management
Carolina Outreach is an organization at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill for student-athletes serving the university and surrounding communities. Typically, I served 10 hrs/week of service work along with a 25 hr/week with my Division I lacrosse team. I worked with athletes of all ages from different teams to organize events, spread awareness, and give time to others in our community. The hardest part of this job was learning time management and stepping in as a leader amongst my peers. Overall, this was a wonderful four-year experience that helped me learn about myself as a leader and co-worker.
Compared to other MH agencies in NC, this is a gem. The staff tend to be young and vibrant, which makes it what it is. The other side of this trend is that the owners don't have to pay staff high salaries if they are relatively inexperienced. And they declined raises this year despite high profits. You have to use your own car and fuel compensation is less than adequate. It's a mixed bag.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
lower compensation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9