Carolina Outreach

Carolina Outreach Employee Reviews

I enjoy working with clients and it is very meaningful job. I met some excellent coworkers who know what they are doing and who genuinely care about clients. I learned a lot from very intense clinical experiences. However, it is low paid and my team has a very toxic dynamic. As a result, co-workers who care about clients are easily burned out and treated badly by some co-workers/leadership, and then they left. Coworkers who are not responsible get away from it and stay here to make free money, and the worst part is, they manipulate and attack people who genuinely care about what they are doing. When my team was led and composed by more caring co-workers, I loved my job. But with my current team and leadership, it was ruined.
Pros
A meaningful job, good clinical experience, I am staying for my clients
Cons
Low pay, management not helpful with toxic team dynamic
Carolina Outreach has been. wonderful place to grow as a clinician. The management/supervisors are open minded and promote self care and growth. Loved my time here and wish I could have stayed, but my family is relocating out of state.
Pros
Co-workers, culture, clients served, trainings and supervision
Cons
Compensation was a little lower than I wished for.
Carolina outreach has a great mission to provide devices for underserved populations. The work is done mostly in the community with little office based services.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, lack of support from management, poor work like balance
Very Toxic environment. Management and other colleagues were very unprofessional, not supportive or properly trained. Mistreated the patients on a daily basis by speaking to them in demeaning ways, not keeping their information confidential and mishandling their cases.
I love my clients and love working at CO but the pay was super low for a mental health counselor job. Micromanage to the core. You will not use office space at all. Traveling a lot.
Pros
Supervision
Cons
pay
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great people work here! I have enjoyed working with the Staff and families that they serve in the community. There is an energy of positivity as soon as you walk through the door.
Work culture could use some improvement; always work to take home and a lot of turn over due to staff being burnout. Compensation should match the amount of work you're having to put in.
Education and Training100% Knowledge is important for the employees to do their best. Good company. Team work and Ethical standards. Highly recommended for individuals who have a passion to make a difference in the mental health profession.
Lots of training and opportunities with the company, but some positions can be stressful. Enjoy the company culture-there is a large effort to get people together and collaborate.
Carolina Outreach is a place where your clients are truly the target of your inspiration to stay or leave. Client oriented at all times which is great!
I really don't want to write this however this site is currently making me. I really don't want to elaborate. Go find out for yourself maybe its perfect and maybe its not.
Answered calls to take messages for the counselors Co-Facilitated SAIOP groups Participated in events hosted by the Carolina Outreach staff Filed confidential paperwork
Pros
Great pay, peaceful environment, consistent hours
It’s a really nice environment to work at, management is great and very accommodating to your circumstances. They provide opportunities for growth within the company.
I prepared presentations to present to groups regarding substance abuse issues. I provided psycho-education under the directorship of an MSW. Completed case notes and comprehensive clinical assessments. Performed Urine Drug Screenings and other duties as directed.
This company seems to value people who over work themselves and take orders from the top stake holders. They come off as if they intend well but once working there you may begin to question if they value their employees. Everyone is looking for another job. My coworkers were great for me most part and many loved their career filed but did not want to be working for the agency. The pay was not worth the stress that came with the job.
Carolina Outreach was my first job after grad school. They take the time to provide so much training that in your first 90 days of employment, you have finished most of your needed ceu’s for licensure. Being a recent grad, this was so needed for the transition into real world. They broke things down so thoroughly that they even explained how to sign your name with credentials. Supervision was included as well which is so worth it since it’s $50/hour or more! I felt heard during meetings and saw they took what I was saying and implementing due to the outcomes afterwards.
Pros
Benefits, professional development, supervision paid for, management
Cons
Pay depends on billable units, referrals were slow
I truly enjoy working with clients from diverse populations and being able to have the opportunity to work with them in their homes and in the community.
- Great work environment/climate - Dedicated and passionate staff - Wonderful training and enhanced learning opportunities - Outstanding reputation in the community
Clients are very nice, employees not friendly and management was terrible. Insurance plans are expensive. No employee advancement offered. Salaried pay with very little sick or PTO time offered.
Pros
Free lunches occasional
Cons
Management sucks...
Watched person after person leave this company. Yet management doesn’t seem to care. Everyone left for the same reason, too little money for the stressful environment.
There is work place bullying as well as anaddressed harrasme t from other coworkers. It became a horrible place to work in a matter of 6 months. The first 2 years were great.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
No advancement, minimal pay increase, continued work place bullying
  1. Employee Reviews