Carolina Outreach logo

Carolina Outreach Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

Agency has some changes

Work culture could use some improvement; always work to take home and a lot of turn over due to staff being burnout. Compensation should match the amount of work you're having to put in.

Positive culture with dedicated staff and management

Carolina Outreach has been. wonderful place to grow as a clinician. The management/supervisors are open minded and promote self care and growth. Loved my time here and wish I could have stayed, but my family is relocating out of state.

Pros

Co-workers, culture, clients served, trainings and supervision

Cons

Compensation was a little lower than I wished for.

Beginning

Carolina Outreach was my first job after grad school. They take the time to provide so much training that in your first 90 days of employment, you have finished most of your needed ceu’s for licensure. Being a recent grad, this was so needed for the transition into real world. They broke things down so thoroughly that they even explained how to sign your name with credentials. Supervision was included as well which is so worth it since it’s $50/hour or more! I felt heard during meetings and saw they took what I was saying and implementing due to the outcomes afterwards.

Pros

Benefits, professional development, supervision paid for, management

Cons

Pay depends on billable units, referrals were slow

Terrible management......

Clients are very nice, employees not friendly and management was terrible. Insurance plans are expensive. No employee advancement offered. Salaried pay with very little sick or PTO time offered.

Pros

Free lunches occasional

Cons

Management sucks...

good job to start off

I've had several jobs at this company. Hours are flexible and make your own schedule. Pay was not all that great and the morale of the company continued to fall the longer stayed.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Review

This job is a great place to start if you are trying to get experience in the mental health field. Many people to gain their experience there and do leave. The main office is in Durham and it feels as though sometimes the satellite offices may not get as many opportunities, but overall its a nice place to start.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Health Benefits

Carolina Outreach Success

Overall experience with the agency was good. I enjoyed my clinical practice with a diverse population of substance abuse clients and had opportunity for trainings and professional growth. My immediate supervisor was excellent and the best part of my experience with the agency other than servicing my clients.

Pros

clinical supervision offered, benefits, diverse client population

Cons

management supports can be inconsistent

Excellent place to work

I enjoyed working at Carolina Outreach. Unfortunately the salary was quite low for therapists with Master's degrees. The workplace culture was collaborative and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee support.

Pros

Excellent work culture

Cons

Poor salary

Not a great place to work(Former Employee)

I been done with this company for a min now. Management only caters to their friends. you can clearly see the favoritism from the jump. Working there as an office staff you get treated like dirt (mildly said). Pay raises are a joke don't count on a pay raise every year and the pay sucks. Management is very unprofessional (also mildly said), The work environment there is stressful, no privacy, the only good thing about this job was some of the staff member's there.

Pros

Cons

19 days a year, no privacy, very stressful, favoritism

great coworker, environment stressed being best for clients

Great for new graduates, a lot of training opportunities and mindset to look for the best in all your clients. Hard to make a living wage at times, can be a challenging work with high burn out rates.

Pros

training, cowarkers

Cons

can be harsh environment

Jobs at Carolina Outreach

See more jobs

Great for getting licensed

Clinicians are WONDERFUL. Management are too removed from clinical work and highly unethical, saying out loud that they do not care about employees' care, only clients, but then undermine work with clients. Clinicians are trained to bill/document in one way and reprimanded later for doing it that way to create the illusion of poor performance and to justify not allowing staff to advance, get a raise, etc. This is very common in the Triangle sites. Do NOT get on management's radar, even for good work. This can come back if there is any dip in productivity.

Pros

Verizon discount, some flexibility to schedule, free trainings and supervision, no micromanaging, great co-workers

Cons

Toxic environment, hard to get paid what is promised, good work is not rewarded

A company who cares about their clients and helping them achieve their goals.

This company does wonders for its clients. The environment is great to work in as well as the employees. I would recommend this position to most people.

Pros

Mileage compensation

Cons

A lot of driving

Great community of helping people, but can be very stressful and minimal support

Great community of professional workers, community helps, dedicated to making the community a better place. Also, hard to move around and supervision can be spotty and sometimes unhelpful. Compensation is also pretty stagnant and company can be very focused on bottom line over best care of employees.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Low pay and a lot of stress

A great place to work

If it wasn't for the changes in the regulations for a PCA and the cut in hours provided for service I would still work for this company. This company had employees that was great to work with.

Pros

Good company ethics

Cons

Low hours

Good first job company

The company is all about hiring new grads! Great for our first job out of college and need good clinical experience. However there is not much of a financial incentive to stay once you're fully licensed. Multiple locations across the state as well.

Pros

Free supervision, good benefits package, growing company

Cons

Don't get a real lunch break, you eat when you don't have a client

Employee education excellent

Management had an open door policy, promoted education for CEU's and promoted self efficacy. Open to hearing employees suggestions and conversations. I loved the population that I worked with on the ACT Team and the team was there for one another. Cohesive team, Team Lead was fair and had open door policy. We started with morning meeting, learned so much about SPMI population, no complaints about management. I loved working with my team mates and with the population we served. The most difficult part was frustration with the system since reform and lack of resources for homeless veterans and civilians.

Pros

Autonomy, good pay, benefits good

Cons

Lack of funding

overall good place to work

Compared to other MH agencies in NC, this is a gem. The staff tend to be young and vibrant, which makes it what it is. The other side of this trend is that the owners don't have to pay staff high salaries if they are relatively inexperienced. And they declined raises this year despite high profits. You have to use your own car and fuel compensation is less than adequate. It's a mixed bag.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

lower compensation