Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC

Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2018
A fine place to work. They pay fair starting salaries and benefits. The copays with health insurance are high. It is a growing company with lots of offices.
Great Clinical Opportunities
Clinical Director of Psychotherapy (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 1, 2018
I have been with Carolina Partners for five years now and I truly enjoy my clinical work with patients and the opportunities for professional growth. I cannot say enough good things about the work/life balance at CPMH as a mom and a hard working psychotherapist. I feel supported in my clinical work and areas that I want to advance my practice and leadership skills. The Executive Team at CPMH 100% backs clinicians who have clear and creative goals for their practice and offer opportunities in a way that no other employment setting has offered in my 15 years in the field. I feel like I have made a difference at the end of the day, which is very rewarding.
Pros
Clinical Support, Schedule Autonomy, Really Great Patients
Cons
Some growing pains (as to be expected) related to expansion
Best Job for Me
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is the culture. This job is hard work and can be stressful, but I've never worked with a group of people who encourage each other to grow professionally and personally, are excited to learn new things every day and that truly care about you the way the people at Carolina Partners do. The collaborative management style includes everyone and all opinions are heard and valued!

I've been able to work my way into higher positions through hard work and extra hours. If you are someone who loves to learn and doesn't mind hard work, you will excel here. I love the people I work with and the work I do. It's a fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding place to work and I don't plan to leave anytime soon!
Pros
The biggest pros for me are collaborative management and opportunities for growth.
Enriching workplace environment & potential for massive personal growth
SEO & Web App Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 30, 2018
I have worked for Carolina Partners for 4 1/2 years and have enjoyed it thoroughly. You are never pigeon holed into one specific job role or task, if the company knows you have a talent for something else then they will utilize that. Unlike most companies that hire you for one role and keep you there, Carolina Partners utilizes every talent that you have. Also, they encourage you to learn even more traits to not only help the company, but also yourself. As a life long learner, that is extremely important to me.
Caring
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 30, 2018
I'm so happy that CPMH took a chance in hiring me and that it has lead me to where I am today. The management truly cares about how much you enjoy your job and will take the time to adjust if you are unhappy.
Great Work Environment
Staff (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 29, 2018
Great place to work, opportunities for those who work hard and deserve them. Being a good team player is key for working at CPMH. Leadership skills appreciated.
Great place to have a career!
IT Manager/Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 29, 2018
I love working at CPMH. I work with a great group of people who all work hard to provide quality mental health and wellness services to the public!!!
Pros
Great benefits package, Wonderful co-workers, caring management, and a growing company!
Never leaving!
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 28, 2018
Carolina Partners is the best company I've ever worked for. They advanced me from an assistant role to Executive VP over the years, and taught me everything I needed to know along the way. This is an incredible company for people who want to combine ambition and hard work with doing good in our society.
Pros
Great culture, important work for the community, great pay and benefits
Cons
Mental health care is a calling, it's stressful at times and can be difficult to leave the job at the office.
Exploitative
LCSW (Former Employee) –  LCSWMarch 25, 2018
I was an LCSW working at CP. They pay you $30 per session. You have to do your own scheduling, billing and intake in addition to your clinical notes and treatment plans. I was seeing between six and nine patients in a day just to make any money. When I needed help, there was no one from management available. I never felt backed up and management was only concerned with PR and client opinions because they drive revenues. Just keep this in mind: $30 per session, no benefits or paid time off and you're a 1099 contract employee so your tax burden is even greater than normal. I was busting my tail working 10 hour days just to make $36,000/ year BEFORE 1099 taxes. Terrible. If you're an LCSW, look elsewhere.
Pros
On your own
Cons
too many to list
I worked really hard but never saw the financial gain that was promised to me
Partner (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 24, 2018
I did not receive any paid time off nor did I receive any benefits. All of my hard work ended up benefiting the higher ups financially. However, the front staff was great!
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
False promises, no paid time off or paid benefits
Company and HR not honest - low pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Company promotes all these benefits of how great they are, but the culture is the worst. The pay is low, they do not recognize the work that you put in and you do not get any support from HR.
Pros
"some" of staff within office are great
Cons
low pay, zero company culture, low pay, high staff turnover
decent pay but poor management
staff (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 29, 2017
The staff is very nice but upper management and owners are rude and demanding. I received 2h of orientation to a complex electronic record keeping system. I had to learn the system by trial and error.
Pros
lunches
Cons
very poor orientation
I love this company so much I doubt I'll ever leave
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville Rd, DurhamSeptember 8, 2017
I've been working for CPMH since 2008 and started out as an Interoffice Assistant and now I work in the Executive Office. My days are long and somewhat stressful but it's a good kind of stressful - I'm challenged and feel like this company pushes me to be a better version of myself.

I worked my tail off as a "floater" and was promoted every year until I landed right where I wanted to be. Because I proved myself, they let me build my own department from scratch and I'm now doing my dream job and providing the company with a service it really needed. It's so rewarding that I don't even want to leave at the end of the day!

Employees are required to work 40 hours per week but I work closer to 50+ but that's by choice, not necessity. The compensation is right where it should be, the coworkers have become my best friends, and my bosses are super supportive. I think of them more as a "coach" than a supervisor.

This job isn't for everyone. Working in the mental health field is tough and there's politics at every level but if you give it your best, this company will certainly take care of you!
Pros
Great people, opportunities for advancement, paid time off
Cons
Politics
Excellent Atmosphere
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2017
I moved from Tennessee to pursue my masters degree at UNC. I took this job as a way to stay current in my field of study. The providers are top-notch and the staff is SO friendly. They truly care about helping those with mental health issues. There are tools for development and advancement if you just work hard. It's a great company!
Pros
Benefits, potential for advancement, drug rep lunches
Cons
Can be a stressful environment, time management skills needed
Lots of Micromanaging
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Multiple emails sent daily about countless policy changes, lots of overlap in responsibilities amongst administrative staff that were not reflected in an increase of compensation. Empty promises made regarding 'opportunities to advance within the company'. On any given day you are subjected to numerous clients screaming at you due to someone else dropping the ball on insurance verification/treatment eligibility, etc - no solutions had been presented to remedy this complication as of 2016.

Fast paced workload, friendly service providers for the most part.
Pros
Free lunches if your office opted in, paid holidays
Cons
See below
Challenging and rewarding experience.
Interoffice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2015
The "floater" position is challenging but a great fit for certain people. I am responsible for covering 8 offices if managers are out, and each office runs very differently due to the variety of personalities. If you're well organized, patient, and self-motivated this is a great position.
Fine employment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 4, 2013
No real pressures are put upon you. Very caring about their employees.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
management stinks. if you are not part of the family, you are out of a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC Reviews by Location