CAROLINA PLACEMENT INC Employee Reviews

Do not work for CPI unless you cannot find any form of work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA 30213August 4, 2019
My worst experience with a temp agency contractor, not the temp agency itself. You had no form of security for your belongings, the managers were decisive on who should work and where they could work, terrible safety procedures, no form of ventilation or air flow has installed until my last month working there, employees and managers alike were agitated, you would be swindled from the money you earned (but granted, I should have called the staffing agency and reported my earnings being cut or completely nonexistent), it was not a great experience. I'm sure a temp agency out there, somewhere, was worse contractors, but I will never work for CPI again.
Slow paced work place with vending machines
Duracell (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2019
Carolina Placement Inc is a slow paced work environment that pays $9/hr w vending machines and hot work area. The workers are somewhat nice also i would say. The offer no free lunch
Temp
Elementary Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 1, 2019
Only temporary. No benefits, no paid sick days, no leave days, no PTO. Management is slow to get back to you. Continue to look for something full-time and permanent.
Terrible
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2019
Terrible. You can’t call off or get time off. The people there are kind but the management is terrible. There is no place to advance to make higher pay.
Dont work here
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 1, 2019
0 stars i have nothing more to say if u have bills dont work here they send u home early u get paid 9.50 an hour they always messing up people checks.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Need better management
Ithought it was ok
Laborer hands on heavy lifting (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Still i love to work at 42 but it's hard without benfits and food people working with you ill like to have a arry where all i had to do is be a team player
Pros
More hr
Cons
More money
mixed feelings
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 3, 2019
the work was first come first served. if the lead didn't like you or all leads was taken they will send you home. some of the leads was disrespectful and some of the dress codes applied to some not all.
Pros
lunch period
Cons
leads and managers
Exceptional Children Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 5, 2018
I would recommend Carolina Placement for job placement, but my position within the Winston-Salem/Forsyth county School system didn't allow for permanent full-time position and when school was not in session, I did not get paid, nor did it provide any benefits.
Tempory teaching assistant position
Teacher Assistant Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 10, 2018
Great opportunity to get you into the teaching field while acquiring you teachers license. It provided the opportunity to see if teaching is the position for you. It was rewarding and the pay was processed weekly.
Not the best Staffing Agency but definitely not the worst
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 10, 2018
Pretty much all the rumors are true, to a certain extent, regards to wages/clocking-in clocking out. But if you demand either a Badge or Fingerprint Sign-In, you should have no problems. I actually feel bad for some of the poor girls that are the CPI Supervisors: It's the stupid, phony little red/blue & green vest Sonoco Display Supervisors & the sad, pathetic, autocratic Line Leads & Technical Operators that are the real joke. Literally top-down their whole Management Structure is comical. How they actually make a profit IDK. The whole operation should literally just be transferred to Mexico or China. View this job as a temporary gig & always be looking for something else that pays more. Then go to that job.
Pros
Fingerprint sign in
Cons
Hard work does not pay off here.
On call basis
Substitute Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2018
On call basis based on work available - I substituted in several elementary schools and one high school. I enjoyed working with the students and even learned their names in the process
Nice place but no work ethics
Recruiter & Cafeterias Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2018
The company itself could do so much more regarding benefits and salary for their employees. No recognition for hard work only when you make a mistake is a huge deal. They preferred employees that does not have kids so they can work all time. No work life balance.
Pros
Good location and average pay
Cons
No time for outside life
Productive and very interactive and hands on
Packer (Former Employee) –  Union City, GA 30291April 26, 2018
Come to work and it is based on the order if they need the amount of people that comes to work. Go to your assign line wait to be picked like a auction. Packed variety kinds and sizes of batteries into displays that had to be hand made by us the employees. Very manual work. Wrapped with plastic serrand unto pallets also tied and banded boxes and displays to pallets.
Pros
Lot of people to help get the job done
Cons
Short breaks, can't leave building, No smoke breaks
A contracted temp agency for schools in winston salem
Teacher Assistant Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2018
You must work 6 months with this agency to become hired by the board of education. The agency puts you to work immediately and a very efficient with you hours and weekly pay.
Pros
Frequent pay
Cons
N/a
No comment
TIMs Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2017
Good for a short amount of time with a chance to get hired permanently. Great start for students going into a specific career. Only problem is it does not provide benefits until hired permanent but I still recommend it.
Fast past work environment very productive
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GADecember 11, 2017
Must be able to lift, have very good hand/eye coordination, and be able to stand the entire shift. Must be a good listener and always wear the proper PPE
Pros
They don’t take breaks out of your check
Cons
You will be sent home early atleast twice a week
Paid weekly
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 4, 2017
Lack of communication, but great for part time, paid weekly, flexibility , staffing very laid back, very lax on getting back to you about information.
Pros
free lunch, part time
Cons
lack of communication
Unorganized and poor communication
Packer (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 18, 2017
The temp service is so unorganized to the point where everyone every week has a problem with payroll I worked 5 days and on payday didn't get a check I was at the main office and they said our checks would be sent to us overnight but the office is closed on Saturday. We can't clock in we have to sign in and sign out.The warehouse that they placed us at is very hot barely have fans for all the lines. Its just a hot mess I would recommend that anybody works with this temp agency
Pros
They pay you for your breaks
Cons
No smoking or leaving the building
Climbing the ladder
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 14, 2017
Work in a area that connected with students and their parents in a very positive fashion, giving a challenges to people who is ready to take the next step in a career working with children.
Pros
Open opportunity
Cons
Seeking potential and opportunity
Unsteady work, almost nothing is permanent, but staff is kind and always tries there best to help.
Heavy mover (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 22, 2016
Heavy moving and lots of deliveries. Management has been fairly decent, and co-workers were all great people who just wanted to help. Hardest part of the job was simply moving heavy equipment, other than that, wasn't very bad. Most enjoyable part was getting a little bit of freedom and not having someone constantly making orders, they more or less gave you the task and let you complete it!
Pros
long lunches, good amount of freedom, great co-workers!
Cons
tedious and heavy lifting and traffic.